Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• 'Lady Garden' - that's a good one!

On the subject of fannies, have you all seen the advert for Irn-Bru?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibuLgsVcQUY

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Well it beats obsessing about the weather... image

Hi Jane - I think Saturday is likely to be pretty busy...I'd be inclined to get there as early as you can so you get it over with and have the rest of the day to relax. 

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

And if you have no idea what ' Convocation' means, Jane, shout now. image

Good point, Orbutt. You can spend a fair bit of time underground. * Top Tip, Chalelet-les-Halles is for Krypton Factor contestants only.*

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Jane - Last year I got there at lunchtime on the Saturday. We queued for about 90 mins. I would go with what YM says.

• Orbutt wrote (see)

Jane - Last year I got there at lunchtime on the Saturday. We queued for about 90 mins. I would go with what YM says.

That'll be me - queuing for 90 minsimage

• SP13SP13 ✭✭✭

Me too. We won't arrive in Paris until late Friday so we will have to brave the queue Saturday. I think I will have to accept it as part of the marathon atmosphere!

• Elizabeth/Emmy - I refer you to the thread 'massacre in the lady garden', which is an absolute classic on the subject of, er, bicycle interface issues.

YM - I've got that session to look forward to tomorrow. I reckon after that the taper really starts.

DLR - hope you're feeling better - at least it's probably not the norovirus or you'd be vomming already.
  • PC -PC - ✭✭✭

Concerning the sack consignment, to collect them could takes several hours and you have to start queuing on the Champs Elysee.

DLR - I hope you are feeling better, you must be rough, if the above comments only got a smile out of you.

Weedy - what was the answer to last weeks list 'My Girl, Gilda' ?

• Emmy H wrote (see)

TD - can you send me the URL for the restaurant please?

www.pastapapa.fr

Jane Kaushal wrote (see)

Hi all

Does anyone know about the queues at the Paris expo where we pick up our numbers?  I have read they are pretty bad.  I need to get my number on the Saturday, which I expect will be the busiest day.  Does is quieten down in the evening or is it best to get there as early as possible, or at lunch time?

Not long now!

Jane

Hi Jane

It was only last year that the queue was really bad for the Expo. I arrived around 3pm on Saturday afternoon and it took over 75 mins of queueing to get in. Recommend you go as early in the day as possible, especially as there are likely to be bigger issues this year with the procedure of getting medical certificates checked and using your CONVOCATION. If you don't know what that is, send a private message to ATM who will guide you.

Get well soon Rob.

TJB - you're certainly building up the expectation for Ingrid aren't you? Hope no one is going to say something disappointing in Pasta Papasimage

Just T - your +2 friends are on the PP's list and now the door is closed behind them.

• Wow, I go away for a few days and the page numbers have shot up massively...

A weekend away in Birmingham has given me a flu-y illness...usually I'm not one for medicines but I'll be buying a load of lemsip and iboprofen later on to try and clear it up quickly. Don't think I'll be getting a run in a for a few days, but maybe that's best given the ice, and it'll force me to curb my milage anyway. I have thursday-monday off so was thinking of getting one last 9 mile in thursday and then just a short run every other day until next friday. Fun fun.

• Looking at a French website often feels like time travel to me - always 10 years back.  still, I'm sure they have great minitel sites.

• TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭

DV - A little late but well done on getting as far as you did. Based on the conditions I can't believe you even attempted it and sounds like the right call to stop. fingers crossed for a quick recovery.

Luckily still no snow down in the southwest but was pretty cold over the weekend.

After not getting enough sleep over the weekend I'm yet to get taper madness as feeling too tired! Not many more training runs before the big day, I canny wait.image

• BeddersBedders ✭✭✭

Thanks for the info ATM and Orbutt. Will get on the RER site and print a load of stuff off so it's (hopefully) idiot-proof for me when we arrive.....!

Kaz - nice to know there's someone else nearby, I was half worrying we'd be a bit 'away from the action'.....!

• I'm hoping to get to the Expo on Friday night now, there is no way "himindoors" is going to be standing about with lots of runners for more than 10 minutes.......so fingers crossed the good old French train is on time.

Just done my nice little 5k with the help of a mates dog.....image  darn thing would not go away, so I had to run round a farm track as I didn't want to get onto the road with it.  It soon legged it off when it saw another dog, so I did a different run for a change, oh well.  Pastures (smelly muddy ones) new.

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

By the sound of it, Bedders, you can create your own action...

I've got a cold.  Spiffing.

• Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)

TJB - you're certainly building up the expectation for Ingrid aren't you? Hope no one is going to say something disappointing in Pasta Papasimage

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder Tricky - plus she is related to me from my beautiful mum's side so she must be a cracker. I'm just bigging her up for a bit of fun. She has a good sense of humour and she knows all about this frivolity so she might play along!

• TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭
    Beholder or beer holder?
  • Hi all,

Not been a good few weeks for me for one reason or another. Did manage 20 miles on Saturday morning though which has perked me up slightly.

Is there a handy checklist available anyway? I'm into panicking mode now. I have my medical cert signed off by the doc and my passport, will I need to show anything else at the expo to get my race number?

Hope preparations have gone well for everyone - see you in Paris!
  • Yes you need your convocation

Spent ages printing off 2 copies of everything (and of course there are 2 of us.....)  had to go buy a new ink cartridge for my printer

• F*ck!!!  I've just pulled too hard on my Garmin strap to get it off my wrist and have broken the bloody thing image

• Hi Jane. There's a few of us going on the Saturday and possibly meeting up if timings work out. If you ask ATM to add your mobile to the list she's doing, text one or two of us if you fancy joining up.

Birthdays added.

Jus T - This week's is easy peasy. Iain M will be along at some point to solve it.

PC91 - Keep thinking, I'll give you another clue. Gilda was played by Rita Hayworth, The Girl was played by Marilyn Monroe and Loana was played by Raquel Welch.

• PC -PC - ✭✭✭

image Shawshank Redemption

• @EE.....oh no...just the strap or the watch itself?  Did you not get another strap with it a velcro one? I did if I recall - not that I'd know where it is.

Hopefully get it sorted out before the day.

• PC -PC - ✭✭✭

Weedy - I've got TODAY's one  image

• Onetit - just the strap.  I've got the additional black velco strap (although I don't like it) but I think that I have lost the little gizmo that enables you to change straps image

• Onetit - I've found the pointy thing for changing straps....phew!!  Have to wait until Mr E returns on Thursday as I haven't got a clue.

• Well can I just say that I';ve spent ages reading back pages and have come to the conclusion that you've all gone "Tapir Mad"image.

Am certain you'll all be fab ... as youve put in so much hard work .. 

Will keep checking up on you all (you behave DLR as only you can) .......  Enjoyimage

• http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RHiTFg4ga5A/UBwvA9dx6sI/AAAAAAAAA8Q/RkuXE_bTJm8/s400/Tapir1Yawn.jpg

Mad tapir for you....................