Options

Knee pain

Hi, can anyone help. I have developed a problem with my left knee. I have pain above and inside of my knee. Not a weight bearing problem. Not in pain all the time but haven't been able to run for 4 weeks which is beomng frustrating. Pain grows as i start to run and then afterwards aches with movement especially bringing my lower leg up. If i am sat and lift my leg it seems to twinge it. Doesn't seem like obvious knee issues. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Just to add i know that it was due to the fact i did too much too soon and hope to learn my lesson but need advise on how to get back up and going exercises/go see doctor/more than ibuprofen.
  • Options
    CormorantCormorant ✭✭✭

I would look for a sports phyio/injury clinic if you haven't already. Unlike your GP (probably) they may well be runners themselves and if not will very likely have seen most knee injuries going.

In my case (as I just commented on another thread) I was seen by someone that has a few marathons under their belt. I was given an enforced running break but a daily programme of (hard) exercises and cycling, before very gradually going back to running again.