Political Correctness

13»

Comments

• and some groups find it hard to stand up for themselves..........if we allow verbal abuse of minorities such as blacks and those who are disabled or homosexual.....or who are not white supremists........... then we are closing a blind eye to physical abuse of those groups...

and then we live in a society where there are beatings and murder just because the person dislikes the other group.......

we live in a country where there are rules to protect these groups .

if you want to live in a country where its ok to dab insults over the doors of poeple because they are of one particular group.then you are close to ethnic cleansing countries or countries where they thought it ok to steralise everyone who wasn't NORMAL...

• popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭
    Peter Collins wrote (see)
    popsider wrote (see)
    Peter Collins wrote (see)

Please give me an example that isn't made up of 'merry christmas' being banned.

When I worked for Coventry City Council we weren't allowed to decorate the office for Christmas in case it offended people.    

That's not what I'd call political correctness. If true, it's just stupidity.

The boss thought the community groups we worked with would have felt excluded - we were in a very ethnically mixed area.    I doubt they would have cared tbh but I suppose impressions count and as we didn't decorate the office for other festivals with a religious basis he felt we shouldn't do it for Christmas.   I wouldn't say it's stupidity as you can see his reasoning  - I would say it's a case of political correctness.   

• seren nos wrote (see)

and some groups find it hard to stand up for themselves..........if we allow verbal abuse of minorities such as blacks and those who are disabled or homosexual.....or who are not white supremists........... then we are closing a blind eye to physical abuse of those groups...

and then we live in a society where there are beatings and murder just because the person dislikes the other group.......

we live in a country where there are rules to protect these groups .

if you want to live in a country where its ok to dab insults over the doors of poeple because they are of one particular group.then you are close to ethnic cleansing countries or countries where they thought it ok to steralise everyone who wasn't NORMAL...

I'm not advocating any of the above. Racism and discrimination are wrong, but my point was that some people look for offence where none is intended.

• there wilkl be a minority rickster.....maybe after years of suffering abuse its hard not to be oversensitive..

also there is a minority that set out to deliberatley cause offence.....

Its a shame that we have to try and get a common sense set of values that is acceptable to all.....but not many other ways to prevent the minority spoiling it for all