Options

Trionium Midsummer Munro

Tough fun. Anyone interested?

Comments

• Options

Oh well, I suppose so although I really should know better at my age ...

Not repeating last year's course? I quite enjoyed it image

• Options

Alas, it's back to the 'traditional' 13.1 mile course - still an 'ultra-half' though!

• Options

Running up the Zig Zag on the Olympic course is something that I'm happy to forfeit this year. I'm in for another go.

• Options
  • Options

Dr Robert, can I ask a favour of you and change the shirt size from L to M? Have PM'd you. Ta ever so much!

• Options

Dear Robert McCaffrey,

Having looked on the web, this is the closest I could find to getting into contact with the race organisers of the Midsummer Munro. I am writing with an inquiry about running for a charity: after entering the Half, would I be right in saying that one can run for whichever charity one chooses? I am thinking of running for a local educational establishment.

Many thanks,

David

London

• Options

Dear Robert McCaffrey

Please can you Confirm that I have a place in the Midsummer Munro entered on 14-2-2013

Trionium Midsummer Munro - Britain's hardest half marathon: June 2013, Box Hill, Surrey
    http://www.trionium.com/mm -

Entered through Runners World under team name "Stupid things to do on your 35th birthday" affiliated entry under Reading Roadrunners
    Concerned that I have not received a confirmation email , but that the money had been taken from my account by Runners world, my Bro Steve who also entered has got a confirmation email, so i know there should be one  

would hate to get there in June I find I couldn't run !!

• Options

Both in!

Dave.. yes, you can run for whichever charity you like. Good luck!

• Options
    Booked this morning, done it last year and am

already looking forward to the shorter length this year,

it'll be a cinch!
  • Options

Booked just now. Like Robert above i did it last year. If i can do any of it without walking it will be a miracle, but i was a bit annoyed by my performance last year. Walked too much of it.

• Options
    Run JonoRun Jono ✭✭✭
    Might have to do another voluntary Picnic again...I'm in!!!
  • Options
    I am interested in signing up for this one. However, I have only run six half marathons before do you think it's too soon to participate in something as challenging as this. Any thoughts guys?
  • Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Richard,

It's defintely a bucket list event and possibly one of my favourite races ever.  In short, nearly everyone walks some of the event and it's certainly much harder than you average half but with six under your belt already you should be absolutely fine image

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Richard, what you need for this race is the right attitude. Alongside some fitness of course, but you don't need to be a skinny superfast racing snake. Forget any kind of decent time, treat the distance and the climbs and descents with respect, smile cheerily through the stinging sweat as you take a drink at the feed station, and you'll be alright.

This will be my fourth go at the MM. I'm a middle-aged biomechanical basket case with a current half mara time of about 1hr 50. Make that 2 and a half hours for the MM. So there's plenty of company at the back.

Just grit your teeth, dig in and treat it all as a laugh.

• Options
    Dr RobertDr Robert ✭✭✭
    That's the spirit!
  • Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Forgot to add: and be prepared to hurt for a week or so afterwards image

• Options

having failed to finish last year (don't try this with a stomach bug!!), i'm up for another go.

planning to finally re-run the olympic version next month & actually complete it!! (so i can finally wear the t-shirt...), should be a good training run for the normal "short" course...

• Options
    Have entered. What have I done..........

Muttley - thanks for the hints, tips and stark reality.

I'll be the fat guy with a big X on my shirt. My PB is Just under two hours. I'll be happy just to finish this one (there has to be a reason to abstain from a few beers on your 40th birthday).
  • Options

I'm doing marathon training at the moment for the Sussex in April, but i think my 20 mile training runs are actually good training for this race. Pound per pound, i think i am going to burn the same amount.

• Options

I'm in, might be a bit tired for the London to Brighton bike ride thoughimage

• Options

I am posting this here, as unable to find contact details for the race.

Having entered I am now unable to run due to having to be in another country for work image Not sure if a refund is possible? Or if I can get my entry put into 2014 instead? Anyway just wanted to let the race know that I wouldn't be using my entry.

Thanks

Kathryn Elmer

• Options

Hi Dr R - quick question - will there be a run through for the race this year? - i think some training would be a good idea. thanks

• Options
    Dr RobertDr Robert ✭✭✭
    Hi bryano and all... I don't think I'll be able to do a run-through this year, sorry. However, don't let this stop you going out to do the first half of the course - the outward leg - and running back along the road. Or even the full course..... The course map is on the web site. Good luck!
  • Options

Thanks for the update - perhaps I'll give it a go alone.

• Options

Just signed up for the mm. Do a fair bit of running over Headley but this looks like another level.

• Options

After the Ultra last year I'm back for the half this year, bring it on !!!!

It's an amazing course and so easy to get to from London, I ran the half course last weekend and i was in more pain after it than after the CTS sussex marathon a few weeks. It's a stinker but it hasn't put me off.

• Options

Cycled up zig zag earlier today. Twice. Had a sneaky glimpse up the first hill. Blimey! Will be running parts of thecourse soon enough.

Whats with the 4pm start time though?

• Options

Looking for some advice as to whether I should enter this or not please? I also did the Sussex Half earlier this month and really enjoyed it. I looked for another hilly half and found this one but scared by some of the comments from previous years!! Is it doable for a 31 year old female who does 2 hr half marathons usually?!

• Options

James - 4pm start time in order to avoid the midday 'heat' of the British Summer

Janine - you'll be fine . . . just don't treat it as another hilly half and have any time in mind (as a circa 1:50 half marathoner, I completed the 2011 Munro in 2:56:57!). Do plenty of hill training, pace yourself on the day and have fun!