The Road to Paris - On a Plateau - Asics Target 26.2 Training

Comments

• Angela Isherwood 2 wrote (see)
    Thanks Shady, to be honest, all I was doing it for was the training benefit for my marathon, that and it features in the book I have of the worlds ultimate running races. 6 days after a half marathon in which I was gunning for a pb, I was never going to perform my best, it was just a bit demoralising being in a field of runners where I was amongst the last to cross the finish. I'm used to being at least in the top half, if not the top third, and have even done a 5k where I was the second woman in Richmond park!
    I'm now sitting here contemplating whether 15miles XC race really is a substitute for an 18 mile LSR, as my plan has me dropping down to 13 nxt weekend before jumping back up to 20 the following weekend.

As for sports massage, I'm sensing u work in London? Are u in the city? In which case pop in to see Sanj at the city point club, near mortgate station- he's tough, but a genius!

Angela I think if the 15 miles XC took approx the same amount of time as the 18 mile LSR would do, then you can happily substitute it. Having done the Grizzly a couple of weeks ago (20 miles XC/extreme hills) I can attest to the fact that training effect is pretty much the same.

• hi Ady

Well done - you've made it through that final double-figures run and it's all about recovery and preparation now. Well, apart from those mile intervals on Thursday image

Once you get to this stage in the programme, it's really important to ask yourself whether you feel the run will be of help or hindrance in recovery and prep for the marathon. If it irritates niggles or creates undue fatigue, it's hindrance. Don't be a slave to your programme, CERTAINLY don't do more than stated and if need be, do less or substitute for cross training. Then you'll be in best possible shape on the big dayimage

• Hi Sam, thanks for the reassurance about substituting a XC for a LSR. And on goal time on bacon steve's thread. I think all the asics guys tapering is giving me marathon madness a bit prematurely! Worrying about all these things when I still have a good 4.5 weeks of training, and 7 weeks until my marathon!

I will be sensible and keep the LSR shorter this week, even though the long weekend is tempting me to go further since I'll have longer to recover!

The next quandary is a half marathon I have in 3 weeks time- do I try and knock more time off my pb image, or do I use it as a longer marathon pace run? Hmmmm
  • Oooo Grizzly was in my book as well- how was it? Have u done orion15 too? Could u compare them?
  • Day 99 - Asics Target 26.2 Paris Marathon Training (25/03/13)

Target: Rest

Actual: Rest

Another day........another rest day. I could get use to this! The best thing about Monday's, especially after the weekend LSR, is the fact I don't have to run. I'm always running late on Monday for my train and there's no doubt if I had to try and get my running kit together as well, I'd never make it on time!

Probably the best thing to come out of today was finally getting a sports massage booked. I have it pencilled in for Thursday evening, so a nice start to the bank holiday weekend. I'm hoping this will be the final piece of the confidence jigsaw ready for Paris.

You would think with it being a rest day I'd enjoy something other than running..........but no..........it's getting to that stage of marathon training now, where I try and focus on my main goal ahead of me. I watch more inspirational Youtube clips (mainly Ultra-Marathon clips, as this conditions my mind to start thinking along the lines of 'you're only running a marathon!'). I listen more to the songs that get my blood and adrenaline pumping. I start thinking of what a sub 3:30 would mean to me. I suppose you'd call it getting in the zone. 

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Ady - well done on the 12 miler. Nicely executed rest day yesterday tooimage

I can't believe it'll be all happening in less than two weeks. December seems doesn't seem so long ago, though maybe that's because it's still like a freezer outside. Maybe the cooler weather will hold for Paris and it'll work to your advantage. That said I think even you'd want it just a tad warmer than it is now, I know I would.

Good to hear you got your massage booked. I'm sure that will be a big help. Sounds like your quad is holding fine now. Are you niggle free now then?

Best of luck with this week's training.

Oooo Grizzly was in my book as well- how was it? Have u done orion15 too? Could u compare them?

It was tough tough tough! 20.2 miles and it took me 3 hours 49 mins!! Slower than my marathon time! The hills were the main challenge but also the very wet, muddy terrain and the wading through bog and a stretch along the pebbled beach for a mile or two! I haven't done the Orion 15 but I know Epping Forest well as I used to coach East London Triathletes when I lived in London and we did our Saturday runs there. 

Re. your half mara - hmmm indeed! It's 4 weeks before race day which is a bit of a grey area in terms of whether you should race it or just run it. If you are someone who recovers from hard sessions easily, you could race it but I think for most people, I'd advise not racing to full capacity over a half this close to race day. Perhaps you could start off at MP and then do the last, say, 5 at half maratho race pace?

• Glad you've got that massage booked Ady! I'm wondering how I'm going to recover from hastings half in time for the Sussex Road Relays on Saturday. At present, stairs are quite painful image

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Great stuff Ady. All looking good now.

Hi Angela - great effort at Orion 15. I was tempted by that run. A friend did it and said this years conditions were really tough compared to last so well done on getting through it. I think you'll get loads of benefit for marathon training. I will catch up with you on the Halstead thread soon!

malcs - you are not kidding about the weather. I have really had to force myself out this past few days. 20 miler Sunday was grim but enjoyed my intervals first thing this morning a tad more than I expected. Definitely needs to be a bit warmer for Ady and the others in Paris. I reckon it's going to work out just right.

Hi Sam - remind me again what pacing group you are leading at VLM? I will be up there spectating so will look out for you!

It's been a struggle since we met up at SS20 three weeks ago for me. Work and family commitments have got in the way somewhat - hence rarely being on here. I have been following your exploits pretty much every day though Ady.

• Hi Sam, thanks for the tip re: half marathon- shall have to look for another one to set a new pb in then - at the moment the only other I have booked this year is the Bacchus half in September- it's on denbies vineyard in Surrey, so there will be wine en route... Be a shame to have paid the entry fee and not enjoy the chosen race fuel image

I think I'll give grizzly a miss until I'm as fast as youimage. I was quite tempted by exe to axe, but decided my schedule was already too packed to put it in this year.

DS2, yes we are missing you on the Halstead thread, however I have some good news- Colhester park run is going ahead starting 6th April, so should be available to you when you're in the area image

Shady, how is taper madness treating you?
  • jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Hi Ady , yes I am still stalking you, and am so pleased to read all is going to plan. Enjoy the taper, stick to plan, it's all looking G O O D image

My running has been going well, sticking to my plan of speed. I improved my 5k PB this weekend again, and won a trophy for first female oldie in a 5miler on Sunday! I'm happy!

Thanks Shady, to be honest, all I was doing it for was the training benefit for my marathon, that and it features in the book I have of the worlds ultimate running races. 6 days after a half marathon in which I was gunning for a pb, I was never going to perform my best, it was just a bit demoralising being in a field of runners where I was amongst the last to cross the finish. I'm used to being at least in the top half, if not the top third, and have even done a 5k where I was the second woman in Richmond park!
    I'm now sitting here contemplating whether 15miles XC race really is a substitute for an 18 mile LSR, as my plan has me dropping down to 13 nxt weekend before jumping back up to 20 the following weekend.

As for sports massage, I'm sensing u work in London? Are u in the city? In which case pop in to see Sanj at the city point club, near mortgate station- he's tough, but a genius!

Hey Angela........I really wouldn;t worry about it as it sounds the run gave you more benefits and positives than negatives. I always find after running on trails, that when running back on pavement straight aftwerwards, it feels so much easier.

What's the name and author of the book you mentioned? It sounds like the perfect book for combining two of my biggest loves - running and travelling!

I actually work outside London currently. I did use to work in West London, but after coming back from my career break I decided on taking a job with another company. I do miss being in the hustle and bustle of London on a regular basis. Thanks for the recommendation though. I have finally made an appointment now for Thursday. It was actually well priced for an hour as well - only £40. I always like a good bargain - as long as they can dig their finger nails in to all the right places it'll be money well spent! image

• RUTH MCKEAN wrote (see)

Here are some useful snacks with estimated  carbohydrate content that you can buy or travel with easily:

• 6” baguette with generous spread of  jam or honey: 70-75g carbs
    • 200ml carton of orange juice and 2 slices of malt loaf (pre-sliced size) – 60g
    • 250g sorbet – 50g carbs
    • Fruit scone  with lots of jam : 45-50g carbs
    • 200ml of orange juice = 20g carbs
    • 500ml of diluting juice or squash = 35-40g of carbs
    • 1litre of orange juice  = 100g carbs (could have over day)
    • 1 crumpet and teaspoon of jam plus 500ml of isotonic sports drink – 60g carbs
    • 1 hot cross bun and 200ml carton of fruit juice – 45g carbs
    • Bagel and generous spread of jam or honey – 50g carbs
    • 1 large banana  & 200ml of fruit juice 45-50g carbs
    • 250g of fruit salad & low fat yoghurt (the sort of think you can buy at station pre-packed before you broad train) – 50g
    • 6 jaffa cakes  (52g carbs) 

Hi Ruth.....thanks very much for the recommendations. I plan on writing my shopping list over Easter and then buying the majority of the food the week before, so there's less chance of racing around at the last minute and forgetting something. 

The snacks that you've mentioned above differ slightly from what I was eating in my practice carb load. What you mention above, are these possible substitutions to what I tried before?  I like that sorbet made the list though! I take it jelly babies are still acceptable as well?

At least one pack of maltloaf will be making the journey across the English channel that's for sure!

• Boffy wrote (see)

Good running Ady.  The last LSR safely negotiated!  Isn't it a great feeling when you look at your schedule, see 12 miles, and think "ahh, nice and short..."

Funny seeing your description of your weekend rest day:  "It'll be nice having a day without running... [What did I do?] I spent the day reading about and planning running..."  Mrs Shady Ady must have really appreciated the change!  You weighed in with a shopping trip I suppose!

I like the look of your taper actually, and think I might do this as a "reverse taper" back up as recovery from my marathon (minus the small matter of the 26.2 you've got scheduled in of course...).

Keep up the good work!

Hey Boffy......I think some people think I'm a little 'obnoxious' sometimes when they ask how I'm running, and I answer with 'only 10 miles' or the like. It definitely shows how far mentally you have come when you start classing 10 or 12 miles run as an easy run. I think it's a good sign though.

I hope come Paris I can go through the first 12 miles and zone out, so when I start to feel the need to concentrate, I can pretend I just have a half marathon to run. 

When I get this close to race, I find it very hard to think about anything but the race. Even when I'm running now, I'm visualizing the race and going over in my head what I need to do. I find this helps me focus come race day.

The taper has been fantastic so far, and like you, I might be tempted to use it as a reverse taper too as I need to be up and running within 2 weeks after Paris, so I can turn my attention to Comrades. I'm not trying to think about this at the moment and only concentrating on the job at hand - Paris!

How are the legs at the moment? Fuly recovered now?

• SamMurphyRuns wrote (see)

hi Ady

Well done - you've made it through that final double-figures run and it's all about recovery and preparation now. Well, apart from those mile intervals on Thursday image

Once you get to this stage in the programme, it's really important to ask yourself whether you feel the run will be of help or hindrance in recovery and prep for the marathon. If it irritates niggles or creates undue fatigue, it's hindrance. Don't be a slave to your programme, CERTAINLY don't do more than stated and if need be, do less or substitute for cross training. Then you'll be in best possible shape on the big dayimage

Hey Sam....it was a good feeling getting the last double-digit run out of the way. I'll assess myself on a daily basis from now on to see if there's any niggles that mean I shouldn't run or miss a session. Touch wood, I'm currently doing okay. My left knee aches sometimes, but this is much, much better than previously. A good sports massage and continuing stretching of my hip flexors should see this edging away. I'll try and stay clear of doing any extra either! image

I have a quick question. This coming Sunday, I have an 8.5 mile run which should be run at comfortable pace. You know me though, as I know my comfortable pace is 7:50-8:50, then I'll be tempted to try and run some of it at the top end of my comfortable pacing bracket. What would you recommend for this run? Would you recommend running any of it at MP?

• Malcs wrote (see)

Ady - well done on the 12 miler. Nicely executed rest day yesterday tooimage

I can't believe it'll be all happening in less than two weeks. December seems doesn't seem so long ago, though maybe that's because it's still like a freezer outside. Maybe the cooler weather will hold for Paris and it'll work to your advantage. That said I think even you'd want it just a tad warmer than it is now, I know I would.

Good to hear you got your massage booked. I'm sure that will be a big help. Sounds like your quad is holding fine now. Are you niggle free now then?

Best of luck with this week's training.

Hey Malcs......how are you? I can't believe either that it's less than 2 weeks to go now. I think I'm currently excited about the 4 day Easter weekend, and then once that is over, I have the joy of another 4 day weekend and the Paris marathon to look forward to.

With the taper I'm definitely feeling more rested, which can only be a good thing. My niggles are more in the mind than anywhere else now. My left knee still aches from time to time, but it doesn't affect my running. Just a bit of extra stretching should keep that under control. I haven't had any pain from my quad for a couple of weeks now, if not longer, and I've ran some faster sessions on it as well. I still worry about it though and start off each speed session slower than I previously did. Again though, all I need to do is focus on stratching more and it shouldn't be an issue. 

I wouldn't actually mind if Paris was this cold (minus the wind of course!). Maybe around 5 degrees Celsius would be perfect. I wouldn't have to worry about hydration so much either. I'm sure a mini heatwave will have hit in 2 weeks time!

Did you venture out in the cold last weekend for an LSR?

• SamMurphyRuns wrote (see)

Glad you've got that massage booked Ady! I'm wondering how I'm going to recover from hastings half in time for the Sussex Road Relays on Saturday. At present, stairs are quite painful image

I hope you manage a full recovery time. Are there any special tips on how to recover quicker after a hard race? I know the body needs rest in order to recover, but can you recommend anything to aid this recovery (apart from an ice bath image!)?

• DS2 wrote (see)

Great stuff Ady. All looking good now.

It's been a struggle since we met up at SS20 three weeks ago for me. Work and family commitments have got in the way somewhat - hence rarely being on here. I have been following your exploits pretty much every day though Ady.

Hey DS2.......great to hear from you. Sorry to hear non-running commitments are getting in the way of marathon training! image.

I agree with the motivation or lack of it, running in these temperatures. I think if I was midway through my marathon training I'd really be struggling to make myself get out for my long weekend runs, that's for sure. 

Saying this though, I'd be happy if Paris was a similar temperature as that's what I've been training in and I think that's what I've become accustomed too. I'd swap the gloom for a bit of sun though!

When do you start your taper?

Shady, how is taper madness treating you?

Very well thanks Angela. It's not feeling that drastic at the moment, even though my overall mileage is dropping. I know I've been told that it's not a bad thing if I need to miss a training session now in order to stay rested, relaxed and fit, but I've become so use to running in my lunch breaks, that I find whenever I don't run at lunch the day drags so much more. 

I actually like the idea of running at lunch, even if I have to stay later at work to make the time up. I'm never motivated to do much when I get home in the evening and by running at lunch it means I never have to feel guilty if I don;t do anything in the evening!

How are the legs after the weekend XC? Do you get a sports massage regularly?

• Hi Shady, I must warn you, it's a very dangerous book to buy, it will leave your bank balance severely depleted and doing 15 mile XCs in Epping forestimage

It's called world's ultimate running races by Angela Mudge (there's a cycling equivalent too that I haven't started reading). There is an iPad app for it as well image

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Worlds-Ultimate-Running-Races-countries/dp/0007431902/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364333108&sr=8-1

That's a very good price, I used to pay ??60 to see Sanj, now I see someone in Colchester who charges ??30 for 45 mins, and there's the added advantage he comes to my flat with a portable massage table... Fianc?? not best pleased about this arrangement thoimage

I did a 5 mile 'easy' run this evening, wow my legs can feel the last 2 weeks! It was tough the whole way and I was going really slow! Hopefully it'll be much easier tomorrow!
  • jenf wrote (see)

Hi Ady , yes I am still stalking you, and am so pleased to read all is going to plan. Enjoy the taper, stick to plan, it's all looking G O O D image

My running has been going well, sticking to my plan of speed. I improved my 5k PB this weekend again, and won a trophy for first female oldie in a 5miler on Sunday! I'm happy!

Hey Jen........Very happy to hear you are still stalking! The hard work is done now. Apart from the three days missed through injury, I don't think I could have done much better with the training schedule. I've tried to follow each session exactly as it's been set out, so all I need now is a bit of focus, commitment and a good deal of luck, and anything will be possible in Paris. It's just making sure to not over do it in the taper now -I'm starting to feel like I have more energy now and I have to stop myself from ending my taper sessions with a cheeky sprint! So far so good!

Congratulations on your running and improving your 5k PB....you must be chuffed with that. I'd like to get my 5k time down later in the year. Even better that you won a trophy as well....I've never won anything for running. This is a secret dream of mine to one day win something running. At the moment though I'm just happy if I finish in the top 10% of a race! 

I look forward to hearing about more trophies!

Hi Shady, I must warn you, it's a very dangerous book to buy, it will leave your bank balance severely depleted and doing 15 mile XCs in Epping forestimage
    It's called world's ultimate running races by Angela Mudge (there's a cycling equivalent too that I haven't started reading). There is an iPad app for it as well image
    Amazon link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Worlds-Ultimate-Running-Races-countries/dp/0007431902/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364333108&sr=8-1
    That's a very good price, I used to pay ??60 to see Sanj, now I see someone in Colchester who charges ??30 for 45 mins, and there's the added advantage he comes to my flat with a portable massage table... Fianc?? not best pleased about this arrangement thoimage

I did a 5 mile 'easy' run this evening, wow my legs can feel the last 2 weeks! It was tough the whole way and I was going really slow! Hopefully it'll be much easier tomorrow!

That book looks quality. I like the fact the front cover is a race I've done - Great Wall of China Marathon - I doubt  they'd be many more I'd be able to tick off though. I think it might be an early birthday present to myself....or I might treat myself to it if I go sub 3:30 in Paris. Now there's motivational treat!

I'm not surprised your legs are aching after the past 2 weeks. An easier LSR might do them the world of good this coming weekend!

• Pretty sure Paris is in there-London and Berlin both are image thing is, it's got me thinking I'd really like to do say the Antarctic marathon one day... I studied geography at uni, and glacial landscapes have always awed me... Bt then I looked it up, and it costs ??10,000, not including ur flight to Argentina, which is where the tour starts...hmm it did make marathon des sables look cheap in comparison though image
  • Hi Ady and everyone else. Its been quite busy on here for the last few days. Took me a while to catch up.

I had actually missed Sams post about her recommendations on your 15 miler but ive spotted it this time, thankyou.

Your tapering looks to be going so well. Hows the pre race nerves holding out? I really cant believe that your almost there. Im so excited for you.

I had initially thought about doing 18 2 weeks before london and then 10 the week before but I quite like the lower miles for your LSR in the preceding weeks.

I will have to keep a look out for you at London just incase your in the crowds. Would be great to see you although I can understand where your coming from with getting itchy feet to run.

I had a lovely weekend in France but my legs didnt feel their best during the race...im not sure if it was the 12 hour journey, lack of sleep or all the champagne and wine we were given!
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Ady - all is well here thanks. This is the point where I start to get those worrying niggles. I have a little foot pain but I think I can manage this. I did get an LSR in last weekend. It wasn't the most pleasant (snowed all the way round) but I managed it without any issues. I'd dropped it to 15 after my 23 miler the week before. Want to try for 20 this weekend as the last big one but I'm a bit nervous about pushing my luck with the foot.

Great to hear you have your niggles under control. I am going through similar mental pains already and I'm not even tapering yet! 

I hope you do get it cool in Paris. As you say re. fluids, one less thing to worry about, you can just take it on gently here and there. Just need it warm enough to avoid the lycraimage

Angela - Antarctica?!!! Are you blinkin' mental? No. Just no! image

• Calorie Watch! Food & Drink Diary – Sunday 24th March 2013

9:00am - Breakfast - Fruit and Fibre with Semi-Skimmed milk, cup of tea

10:30am - Pint of squash

12:30pm - 12 mile run (see earlier for full description)

2:00pm - Lunch - Glass of banana milkshake, small portion of egg noodles with a drop of chilli oil and salt.

2:30pm - pint of squash

4:00pm - Dinner - Lamb, boiled potatoes, carrots, leeks and onions, pint of squash.

5:30pm - Muller Yoghurt, Cup of tea

7:30pm - Slice of toast (brown bread) with low fat spread. Cup of tea

8:30pm - Cup of green tea

10:00pm - Glass of water

• Calorie Watch! Food & Drink Diary – Monday 25th March 2013

7:30am - Breakfast - Fruit and Fibre with Semi-Skimmed milk, cup of tea

10:30am - Cup of tea

11:30am - Lunch - Egg and ham roll, white tea and mint drink.

1:00pm - Cup of tea

2:30pm - pint of squash, banana

4:00pm - Apple, bottle of water

5:30pm - Cup of tea

7:30pm - Dinner - Leftovers from yesterday's dinner - lamb, boiled potatoes, carrots, leeks and onions. Crusty white bread roll, pint of squash.

8:30pm - Cup of tea, Muller Yoghurt

• Day 100 - Asics Target 26.2 Paris Marathon Training (26/03/13)

Target: 2 MILE EASY THEN 3 X ACCEL STRIDES THEN 3 X 1 MILE FAST INTERVALS at 6.55-7.05 pace WITH 2.5 MIN JOG, 1 MILE EASY 6.5

Actual: 2 MILE EASY THEN 3 X ACCEL STRIDES THEN 3 X 1 MILE FAST INTERVALS at 6.55-7.05 pace WITH 2.5 MIN JOG, 1 MILE EASY

Total: 6.96 miles in 56:54 @ 8:11m/m

Interval Mile Splits: 1st @ 6:53m/m. 2nd @ 6:56m/m. 3rd @ 6:55m/m

The last interval session of my Paris marathon schedule. I can't believe it'll be several weeks (hopefully not months!) until I enjoy another one again.  It doesn't feel like I've actually done that many speed sessions. I know my speed has improved drastically since the start (which isn't a difficult thing to do considering it was non-existent to begin with) but it's definitely an area where I could see a lot of improvement. Later in the year when I have nothing specifically to train for, I think I'll increase my speed-work each week to see if I can go under 20 mins for a 5k.

Today's session made a nice contrast to last week's 400m intervals. Although today's speed was slower, I found it more of an effort than the 400m intervals. I did find that by keeping to around 6:55m/m for each of the three miles, that I had more to give. But then again this is taper time, so I'd be worried if it wasn't feeling like this.

The three miles ran at 6:55m/m was similar speed to my 5k PB and I could really feel the difference between today's run compared to how I felt after the 5k many weeks earlier. What I was happiest about was being able to maintain a decent jog after each rep. I think this is the first time I've managed this.

It was biting cold again today and the icy wind meant I never really felt warm running today. I might have said earlier that I wouldn't mind if Paris was similar, but I might back-track on that comment after enjoying today's temperatures.

Here's my run from today:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/289291211

• Day 101 - Asics Target 26.2 Paris Marathon Training (27/03/13)

Target: 5 MILE RUN – 1 COMFORTABLE 3 MP, 1 COMFORTABLE

Actual: 5.2 MILE RUN – 1 COMFORTABLE 3 MP, 1.2 COMFORTABLE

Total: 5.2 miles in 40:46 @ 7:51m/m

Interval Mile Splits: 1st @ 8:04m/m. 2nd @ 7:42m/m. 3rd @ 7:42m/m. 4th @ 7:45m/m. 5th @ 8:01m/m.

This should have been Thursday's run, but as I have a lunch time meeting tomorrow, followed by a sports massage in the evening, I thought it would be easier running a 3 mile jog in the darkness after this than a longer run at MP pace. Anything to lower the chances of tripping over in the darkness and causing an injury!

My plan today was to run each comfortable mile at 8:10m/m pace and then the 3 MP miles at 7:55m/m pace. This never happened and even though I was keeping the pace to what I thought was relaxed, it was not relaxed enough. It was actually a struggle to keep to MP.

As work is quite stressful at times, the more I think about issues at work, the more stressed I can get, which in turn means I run faster without meaning too. It's the same if I think about things that get me angry......the extra adrenaline makes me run faster every time. I might use this technique in the latter stages of the marathon to keep me moving!

Towards the end of each mile I realised I was running too fast, but I didn't want to slow myself down by a considerable amount in order to hit the split as per my pacing guideline. This would just mean speeding up and slowing down, which not only exerts more energy, but I don't think would be a beneficial thing to do. Instead I just tried to slow down gradually every time I realised I was running too fast!

The speed felt nice today and I had no injury concerns at all. Even my knee, which can sometimes be stiff, felt fine today. I'm hoping tomorrow's sports massage will knock this injury on the head once and for all.

So now, out of the 6 runs I have left before Paris, only two of those are at a speed faster than a jog!

Here's my run from today:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/289615474

• Calorie Watch! Food & Drink Diary – Tuesday 26th March 2013

6:50am - Breakfast - Fruit and Fibre with Semi-Skimmed milk

9:00am - Cup of tea, bottle of water

10:30am - Cup of tea, bottle of water, banana

12:00pm - 7 mile run (see earlier for full description)

1:15pm - Ham, salad and pickle bap in crusty roll, Clementine, bottle of water

2:30pm - cup of tea

4:00pm - Apple, bottle of water

5:30pm - Cup of tea, bottle of water

7:30pm - Dinner - 2 eggs, a bowl of spinach (with a little added chorizo, sour cream and parmesan)  (Popeye would be proud! I've been craving this all day, I don't know why), and a few tortilla chips to go with spinach. Pint of squash.

8:30pm - Cup of tea, Muller Yoghurt