hairier half

Mouse

Mr Zuvai

The Silent Assassin

Tommygun2

WildWill

Kanga

richardsdrr

A link to the spreadsheet on Dropbox to show how much is owed and who has/has not been in touch

For reasons, known from some and unknown from others, I have not received payment from you so this is a gentle reminder that I need payment by the close of play FRIDAY 28th March.

I will have limited internet access for the next couple of months and so I have to sign the contract with Headsweats on Monday.  I cannot wait for non-payers.  You have been warned image

• I love it when people do what they're told image

• Why the sad face? Have I done something wrong?

• No, it's me pressing the wrong smiley image.  Sorry!

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

As per our conversation last week (from a sun lounger), I've paid now.

• Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)

Barley

Dubai Dave

hairier half

Mouse

Mr Zuvai

The Silent Assassin

Tommygun2

WildWill

Kanga

richardsdrr

A link to the spreadsheet on Dropbox to show how much is owed and who has/has not been in touch

For reasons, known from some and unknown from others, I have not received payment from you so this is a gentle reminder that I need payment by the close of play FRIDAY 28th March.

I will have limited internet access for the next couple of months and so I have to sign the contract with Headsweats on Monday.  I cannot wait for non-payers.  You have been warned image

The email I have says 8th April as last date for payment,

When did this change to 28th March?

• The email actually says 'if I am to sign contracts no later than 8th April, I would like payment before 2nd April'.

I have only brought the payment deadline forward by one working day (taking into account Easter Bank Holidays).  The rest is me changing the dates for what I have to do and so does not affect anyone else.

And having jusr re-read what I wrote above, the payment needs to be with me by close of play THURSDAY 28th March.

My bad for saying Friday image

• I know! image

Still waiting to hear from....

Dubai Dave
    Mr Zuvai
    Kanga
    Tommygun2

.....meaning 10 caps/visors remain unpaid for, resulting in a potential extra liability of £125 on the bankroller or the cost gets absorbed by way of increasing the prices.....

Ho hum!

Edited to add - Just messed around with my figures in Excel and if the bankroller was to withdraw their offer of funding the order to 100 caps and 50 visors, only 86 race caps and 46 visors have been paid for.  The cost of 100 caps and 50 visors will have to be covered between these people.  This means the cost per item would increase to £13.50.

Just saying so that people know the implications of non-payment and the impact it could have on the order image

• Schmunkee   Can we just place the order, if when the items get delivered they still haven't paid, I will buy the extra ones from you

Or do you just want me to transfer the £125 now?

I recon I can shift the remaining at the DIY Half IM

• Money for 14 race caps and 4 visors needs to come from somewhere/someone before the order is placed to guarantee the prices, otherwise the costs will have to increase to £13.50 per cap and visor

Confession time - I have had two other people offer to bankroll the order, but why should other people come forward because of non-payers/non-repliers?

But what really irks me is that items worth £125 have been spoken for but payment is not forthcoming.  I know I piss a lot of you off with my constant reminders for payment and saying it's your responsibility to keep an eye on the thread, but why should I have to deal with the consequences of others inaction?  Why should people potentially end up paying more than originally anticiptated? Why should bankroller(s) have to pick up an increased shortfall?

This sort of thing really fecks me off big-time. image

*witholds a mega rant*

• if several people have offered to bank roll the remander can we not just split it?

you know trying to get payment of everyone is like heard cats as people don't visit the forums all the time.

If there is 3 of us offering to bank roll it so we get the order placed its only £42 each, more than happy to transfer that now

• The Silent Assassin wrote (see)

you know trying to get payment of everyone is like heard cats as people don't visit the forums all the time.

But what about the 4 emails that some people have received?  Added to this, people were told in the email it's their responsibility to stay updated and keep popping into the thread.  2 people on that list have received the emails because they have been in contact, but still no payment is forthcoming.  Explain that?  One person has not responded at all, so I am left wondering what they want to do.  One is an oddity (!) because they came in late to the order and I am not sure they have come back to this thread and I have chased them on FB

Why should other people have to step in and work through a solution because of their inaction. And I am not talking about this one instance here.  It happened on the car stickers and the water bottles. 

It's great that bankrollers come forward and offer their services and I am truly grateful for that but that only covers up the issue; that people don't stand by their original decision and put extra liability on others. 

What happens if these people turn around in a months time and ask for one of the bankrolled headsweats.  Effectively they have had a 'loan'.  Is that fair on everyone else who paid by the deadline?  Is that fair on the people who paid straight away and who's money I have already sat on for 3 weeks.

• Ooops, a little rant popped out! image

• unfortunately its the nature of the beast

because we are a no members, no membership fees etc "club" we are all ways going to be left wide open for this sort of thing.

*** please do not for 1 minute think that I am saying we should be ****

Its one of the things that I've always loved about the pirates.

But the offer stands I can transfer all or part of the remainder to make sure we can place the order

I have 40 odd people coming to do the DIY half IM and some of them are only part time visitors to the forums so sure I can sell them the remaining hats/visors

• SA - you have 40 very odd people coming to the DIY image

• Yep we're odd Raf image why dont you come and join us you'll fit right in mate image
  • Why  not charge an additional pound or so for any banrolled caps or visors? That way the people who bankrolled get a little bit of return on their money and no one who pays or buys late gains anything over those who paid promptly.

• I like your idea Statto as I do feel that those who pay on time and as promised should have some sort of advantage over the no-shows/late payers

Bankrollers keep the item 'in stock' and i act as guardian but the price remains the same

I have debated about buying the surplus myself and charging whatever I liked as they would be 'mine' but I am not sure if that's really fair and an abuse of my role as Kit Fairy
  • An extra tariff for bankrolled stock sounds fair to me. Good idea. 

• Rafiki wrote (see)

SA - you have 40 very odd people coming to the DIY image

Only Very odd if come along

Razor51 wrote (see)
    Yep we're odd Raf image why dont you come and join us you'll fit right in mate image

Wot he said ^^^^^

• Hello, back again image My wife and kids don't get much face time, so RW/FB/training and anything non-work related runs a very poor third behind work and kids. Keep thinking/hoping that will change sometime soon but not quite sure how image

Schmunks - Thanks for sorting this out. Sent the email to psof as requested, not sure why the RW PM function doesn't work? My RW specific email address works, and there's nothing new showing up in the RW inbox, and I have the headsweat and a couple of other threads 'followed' but don't get anything from them either. Might have to check the spam assassin settings .....

Most of the old timers have me on FB, can always nudge through there which I tend to read on the bus when not riding/running to work

• test post to see ig re-ticking the 'email me' box works ... love solving IT problems on a public holiday ... even my own ....

• Lol... "old timer"!

How's it hanging mate?
  • Update - 2 errant non-payers have now come forward so I am feeling a little better on behalf of the bankroller(s).

I have just asked Headsweats to draw up the contract and as soon as I have it, I shall pay and ask them to proceed with the order.

I will be paying on my credit card and at that point, non-payers will no longer have a claim to the Headsweats at £12.50 per item and I shall decide what to do about the difference in amounts owing when my credit card statement comes through as I really don't have the time at the moment to be dealing with this.