Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• Afternoon,

Chilli-Tapering is going well.......but, I did do 12.7 miles with a couple of ladeis from the club this morning. One of them I am trying to help as she has been struggling with niggles and is determined to do the marathon. I ran 20 with her last week and she has been on holioday since then. Fingers crossed that she will be fine on the day.

Franny-We were talking about the Rock n Roll 1/2 today. The other lady I ran with faniced doing the race this year (she is from your part of the world). May do it myself next year if it collides with my wee trip up to Scotland to clebrate my big 50.r 

LLB- Andrew the buff one!!! Tut tut young lady!!!

Louise- Good luck for tommorow. Keep an eye out for the buff one in a mankinii!!

MC-Have a good break

Speak later....

• Ok AF - can you be at the top of Chapman's Peak in the mankini please - that'll keep me going image

• did someone say 'nice family time'? Not sure - two boys that are constantly arguing/winding each other up/whingeing and crying. Is that 'nice family time'???image

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

Boss....that was franny who told me there was a buff oneimage ner

• Hi guys!

MC - God help you with the boys....I've been there and have the t-shirt.....

Louise - exciting!! Hope the weather is kind. 

Elif - 100m backstroke: 2nd or 3rd - we don't know yet?? but 2 seconds off her PB. (1:13) and for all the races we won't know until next week if the times qualify for the nationals or not. (Because we have to wait for all the cities to submit their results)

3rd in the relay..

Bye for now. xx

• Jude - sounds like Elif is doing really wellimage

• Jude..My hubby says she will do a PB on a flatter pool...lol..she is doing great

Loula..stop trying to get me into trouble with boss man.....Andrew is not the buff man that you are thinking about.....image there a re loads of buff men up here sis image you will be spoilt for choice when you come up

AF...would be great if you could come up here for rock and roll HM..its a brill race around around Edindurghimage and good for spectators too..the bands every mile keep you going image

• morning all

Franny - might see if I can make it up to Edinburgh next year for the Rock and Roll - really fancy doing it. Depends on dates though - and being back runnning

spinning class then a swim for me this morning

then we are dropping the kids off at the in-laws this afternoon, doing a bit of boring shopping (school uniform) then going for a meal for our 13th anniversary. It isn't till next week, but we will be away then

• Morning image

Mathschick..that would be good if you could come up for Rock and Roll.its awalys around the same weekend. This year its the day after our 22nd wedding anniversary..better make sure i don't have too much vino the night before...lol..Enjoy your meal.

Not long back from Parkrun.Andrew was there dressed in his tealady outfit...lol and he got a PB....wa so funny...I too ran one of my bestest 5k times for a while now and only just under 1 min of my parkrunPB which i ran way back in 2010..so very pleased with that.

Have a good Saturday everyoneimage

• well done franny

22 years - gosh that is a long time

I did 2 x 5mins on the treadmill, walking 2 mins between - was pleased with that, then went to spin class then swimming. Starving nowimage soup cooking, nice fresh bread and cheese. for lunch

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

franny sis , well done on PB parkrun!!! woohooo , ma sis rocks!!!!

and i hope you are behaving wiv da hunky running men up there young lady!!! imageimageimage

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

aw 22 years thats fabby sis, its my mum and dads 38th anniversary april 20th!!

mine would have been 13 image 

• Jude, you must be so proud of your talented children.

Franny great result!

I finished my event - met the cut off with a couple (but only a couple) of minutes (6:58:12, so just under 7 minutes) to spare so delighted and very happy, and sore all over.

• well done Louiseimage

• Well done Louise..fantastic result..well deserved cake for you now image

loula sis ..it's not a PB parkrun but my 2nd best time with just under a min to smash for my previous PB...lol...not got official time yet and YES I am behaving...a perfect little angel me you know image

• Afternoon All image

Just back from the park with the kids. It's bl00dy cold but we had ice creams anyway cus the sun was out at least! yay!

Louise, well done you should be proud of yourself!! image

MC, I don't know where you get the energy to do all that lot! Its like a tri every day isnt it?!

Franny, Well done! What was the time? Remind me how slow I am lol image

Hi Jude, Chili, LLB n Boss image

I'm still a bit sore from the measly 3 miles I did on Wed, which was the first run since the 10k in Hanoi. Although dont remember feeling this bad after that. Might go out later this evening cus it's a family day tomorrow at the out laws. Most family members have had their presents from 'nam, but my brother in law hasnt had his 'Keep your hand on your Dong..' t-shirt yet! image

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

is it an EXTRA LARGE dong Matt?image

• Hi all!

Louise - well done to you!imagePleased you had fun!

Hi Matt! Naughty! imageGood to have you back. Hope you get out for a run later.

Franny - well done on your parkrun.image

MC - well done on all your exercise today.image

Hi Loula, By'eck, Chili, AF and all other friends!image

Well, daughter's time was finalised from yesterday and she definitely came second not third. Plus today she came first in the 400m Freestyle.image 5:11 - 16 lengths. (No medals for this competition though as it's just about qualifying for the nationals)

Tomorrow 2 more races....

No run for me yet this weekend but I live in hope, lol!image

• Hi Everyone,

Louise-Well done. Nearly 7 hours of running what a star.  

Franny-22 years. Mr Franny is a lucky man! I have just beeen married to Mrs AF III for 8 years which is  anew record for me!! Well done on park run.

Jude-Well done tyo your daughter. She is a real star.   

Loula-I see that your behaviour is slipping down to Littlehampton levels AGAIN!!!

Might have a 2nd day in a row off from running as I feel rally tired at the moment.I keep on waking up at about 5-6 am & the 1st thing that I think of is the Marathon & what time i should be aiming for!!!

Matt-I think that you are a bad influen on Loula! p.s can we have some nice pictures please?

Hi Ecky,byeck,Chilli,MC etc.  

• Results in I did 24.42 for my parkrun today which is my second best time overall.image

AF..you are on taper now so feel free to rest and listen to your body..you have put it through tough miles  and it needs a wee beer...go on...you have done the hard work..RELAX now and get to the start line image

Jude..well done for your girl..that is fantastic.

Loula ..tut tut

Matt..You will be racking up the miles in no time..a few months back I did not think i would be running the mileage i am now.

Have a good evening everyone

• Well done you your parkrun Franny! I was race director this morning but all four of my girls ran. Big girl took Smidge and they only managed 1 lap but that is pretty go for my little 'un. No.3 girl decided that she wanted McD and the only way she could do that was to run the whole 5k and get a PB, so she did! Little minx. It's only her 3rd time running the whole way but I've told her I expect her to do it every month now.

Louise - well done! Congratulations! image

Jude - massive well done to your Elif.

Great to hear you are running again Matt

MC - well, when I say nice family time I ummm..... yeah I know exactly what you mean. With the weather so cold I thought I'd do some desperately needed DIY. The girls were excited, but soon got bored when they realised I wasn't going to play with/entertain them. Big girl enjoyed helping paint her bedroom although she didn't realise it would take so long. I'm just pleased that they are now all asleep!

Easter tomorrow image Got a family service with a child dedication. Lots of guests. And my parents are arriving for the day.

• LLB, lol I've never seen his dongimage He can see mine. I've still got some left, un-spent, as it were!

Jude, I hope you get a run in! Sounds like you've been doing lots for others and need some me time! image

AF, LOL woh woh woh. Hold the phone. Me? a bad influence on LLB?! She started it. Anyway, Franny as usual is correct. From personal experience, I did 2 runs in the last 3 weeks running up to Abo and still had enough in the tank, so dont worry about it now, you've done the hard work, you'll do fine dude.

Franny, Thats a cracking time! image And being as mine is 25.34, I might just have to aim for yours! image Might take a while though, by current standings..

Chili, must be great to see all your girls running round togeather. I did laugh at the McD thing. Sounds like youve got a busy day tomorrow, hope it goes well image

• Boss I think there's something wrong with the website, I can't upload any pics. Which is a real shame, I'd found some very tasteful ones of Ms Pendleton and Keri-Anne Payne! Gotta be sports women see, as we're in the business of being runners n all image

• Morning and Happy Easter.

A* for effort Matt!!!!!

Am resting today & will do a few miles tomorrow. My plan is to keep my mileage to about 25 this week.

2 weeks time from now - I am off!!!! Scarey! 

• MORNING CRAC TOWERS

HAPPY EASTER

AF..enjoy your running rest day.......imagegolly only 2 weeks away..that means I will be racing then too...yikes!!!! it all creeps up on you ...my rock and roll number arrived in the post yesterday image

Matt..thank you..it just felt like a good day for running yesterday and am pleased with the time as I haven't been doing any speedy work. My aim is to beat my Parkrun PB of 23.47 which I did in October 2010...image once my marthon is out the way in May.

Chilli..that made me smile about your daughter and her Mcds...lol...Enjoy your day today image

Loula..how did the run go yesterday image where did you go?

Have a good Easter day folks

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

HAPPY EASTER ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mornng all!!! franny sis are  you at work today?

my run was just around home yesterday as had a busy one, was doing food shop at 9am so i could get delivery slot then back home , then did a run which had to be shortter thn planned as i forgot id booked to have my nails done at 2pm-image

woweeee sis you are gonna be fine at R AND  R event!!! is that the funky medal guitar shape?

Boss, i was not leading Matt astray!!! HE started it by telling me about his Dong !

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

jude thats fabby that your daughter came second!!! woohooooo!!!!!

• morning

happy easter everyone

chili - well done to your girls at parkrun

franny - well done on your parkrun time

matt - have a good time with the family

Jude - brilliant results for Elif, hope she qualifies

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

*flings a doughnut at Matt*

• Hi all! Happy Easter!

Thanks Loula! - But obviously she is more pleased with the first in the 400m!

We are back for lunch. Daughter got another 2nd in the 200m backstroke this morning and just the 800m Freestyle this afternoon.

Don't think I'll have time for a run today as we have an easter egg hunt planned in the garden when the competition finishes.  And then I have 60 odd exams to mark...image 

Anyway, hope you are enjoying your Easter.

BFN