Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• PC91 wrote (see)

DLR - how are you? Heard that you haven't been feeling yourself!

IMPOSSIBLE?!

• What's the App called Jimbob? I can only see one for 2012.
  • Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    The Jimbob wrote (see)
    PC91 wrote (see)

DLR - how are you? Heard that you haven't been feeling yourself!

IMPOSSIBLE?!

yeah, it'd be a rare event if he wasn't

• Simon MacDoughnut wrote (see)
    What's the App called Jimbob? I can only see one for 2012.

Paris Marathon 2013

• btw - just while we're sharing (i'm gonna talk about food for a change) - i've got a leg of lamb in the oven on slooowwww roast, plan to serve it with Yorkies, mint sauce and trimmings image

• Thanks Jimbob. I have an iPhone unfortunately.....

You are sharing your roast lamb? I'll just go and check flight times to London!
  • Orbutt - good advice about the green ribbon being worn at all times , must remember to buy one now

Dannirrr - great video of the Benz , amazing to think how old it is and still running perfectly after its restoration

Last long run completed this morning and almost perfect running conditions after the last month of horrilbe weather everytime I ran over two hours
  • yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Ugh...that was pretty much the worst run of this training.  Should have been 12 miles, but it short at 10.5 because we (Febo and moi) are both feeling pretty broken.  Couldn't see any point in forcing another 3k to be honest.  So that's been a full week of horrible running...hope next week feels better image

PF - that's great news image

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Oh and Mr Maj has a cold.  We have an old air raid shelter in the garden, I'm putting him in there for a few days.

• The spuds/parsnips are in the tray cooking in the lamb juices. Steamed veg. Gonna do thick gravy. Might have.to crack a bottle of vino for this bad boy. Simon if you were about I'd serve you up a plate mate.

Must admit, after 15 miles at pace on Sunday and 12 yesterday with the thread inc 3 miles at 7.20per mile, my legs are tired. 3 short runs till Paris. No breakfast run mind, I'll be too busy queuing for the expo.

I've got a travel kettle for the porridge but would rather no take it so will contact the hotel to see what they have.
  • BeddersBedders ✭✭✭

Last medium-long run in the bag; 13 miles in the chilly sunshine at 5.50am. Ten times more pleasant running that early when it's actually LIGHT! Just three run's left to get before we jump on the plane....

Both me and the missus are doing the breakfast run, looking forward to it.

I've printed off everything I think I need to (with the exception of the Boarding Passes which we get emailed '30 hours before departure'), including directions/metro plans for everywhere I think we need to be. Reckon it's gonna be a bit hectic though, our 'travelling scehdule' once we arrive at CDG looks like this....

FRIDAY

CDG to apartment (Batingnolles)

Apartment to Expo

Expo back to apartment (via somewhere for tea)

SATURDAY

Apartment to breakfast run (dunno where it starts as yet)

Breakfast run finish to...?? No idea what we're doing for the rest of Saturday! Having tea at the apartment but clueless as to what to do inbetween. We're no particularly 'Sightseeing' people and I don't want to be on my feet all day....

SUNDAY

Apartment to the Start

Finish to the apartment via a load of boozers

Apartment to Corcorans

Corcorans to apartment (in a drunken state)

MONDAY

Apartment to DISNEYLAND! Booked in for the Character Breakfast at 7.30am! Walking (or attempting to) round Disneyland, knackered and hungover, it'll be right....!image

• Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)
    Dannirr wrote (see)

Whose doing the breakfast run on Saturday?

I am - looking forward to it. Catch you there? I think maybe Eggy too...

I'd like to come too. If I'm as nervous next Saturday as I am today, I'm going to need something to take the edge off!

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Orbutt- thanks - I'll have a look. I think it was right on my convocation. The only people that use my 'real' name are my mum and work colleagues. If it was only my last name - it'd be like going back to Germany again! I was always called it at work.
  • RS = Douglas Bertram.

No wonder you didn't use your real name...image

TJB - great pic, I think the Ulster top might be my Paris shirt...
  • Bedders - What time do you arrive at CDG on the Friday?? We arrive at 13.15 approx, and heading to the apartment and then expo, will also be doing the breakfast run on the Saturday, and marathon on Sunday............Stalker alert!!!!

Disney for us on the Thursday for eldests 14th Birthday........which is a slight de ja vu - we also spent her 7th birthday at Eurodisney.image

• Oh my lordy, it's as black as the night out there and it's chucking down golf ball sized lumps of ice....panic not, it's my rest day.  Phew.

Paris was not looking good on the news last night - cold windy/wet.  But Sunday was a tad better with sunny/showers.  Fingers crossed.

Got 16k tomorrow yeah! 

Back to my sofa and Radio Five Live....

enjoy Easter everyone

• 40k on the bike. Lovely. But it did seem an awful long way.... 42k is even further...

Tempted to go for a run as the heel feels ok today.

It was ok skiing as the ski boots clamps everything tightly in place. Might wear them for the marathon..

YM - my dad has an air raid shelter in his garden! Is yours an 'Anderson'?

And I wouldn't worry about cutting short your run. I am amazed (and impressed) that you have managed to follow your plan. I lasted one day on the P&D plan. And that was a ret day!
  • OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Emmy - just double check your convocation to see if they've got your name back to front.

The ASO site seems to have prenom 'H' and Nom 'Emmy' instead do prenom 'Emmy' and Nom 'H'
  • yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    I feel knackered and woefully ill prepared for this marathon. Too many days missed due to injury. Although I have just hit 300km for the month. I'm hoping I've just got a touch of the Tapers...sigh....
  • Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)
    RS = Douglas Bertram.
    No wonder you didn't use your real name...image

Oh no!  you've found out my secret.

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    yer_maj wrote (see)
    I feel knackered and woefully ill prepared for this marathon. Too many days missed due to injury. Although I have just hit 300km for the month. I'm hoping I've just got a touch of the Tapers...sigh....

yeah, it's the tapers.  Your body is going WOOOHOOO recovery, now let's get this sorted and stop her running in the meantime.  Embrace the tapir, it's good...although a little smelly and a bit mad.image

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    Simon, yes it's an Anderson. I love it image Mr Maj will be just dandy in there with his germs. Safe from bombs and everything....
  • You've survived the full-on P&D plan and you're not dead image . That's a major achievement in itself. Put your feet up, let your body repair itself for the rest of this week, iron your frock with the little Eiffel Towers on it, you'll be fine image . I'm willing to bet there isn't a single solitary person on that start line on Sunday who isn't thinking they could have trained a bit harder, or faster. Including the Kenyans.
  • DV could you add me to that list please....bib no. 33012 (very ambitiously in purple).  Thanks!

• I must be mad...........I know that I am thoroughly undertrained but for once I am not thinking I should of trained harder, more often as for once I know I have done as much as body was fit too........TAPER MADNESS must be in full on mode.........image

Yer-maj- you have done an amazing amount of training, enjoy the rest of the taper!! image

• To relieve my stress I have just ordered new furniture for my living room.......Doesn't take much to excite me these days......

Now off to do 4 hr online tuturial.......image

• I've heard rumours of a wine and cheese feed station at mile 24!!!! Can this be true???