Monday 1st April 2013

Morning.

Lyrics - You pretend you're high.

Good racing donaldo!

Go well chickadeee.

Some good March stats reported from Dustin and RFJ.

RHR is the lowest it's been since I first contracted this virus - that's a month! - though my throat is still sore and nose now  streaming. Probably just as well I shall be running on my own!

What:              LSR
Why:               last chance before VLM
Last hard:        most of the last month has been hard
Last rest:         most of the last month has been spent resting too

Yesterday's lyrics were Misery by Maroon 5.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning

What Final 21.5
    Why taper starts this week
    Lyrics no

Fingers crossed LMH

Ran 11 easy with 10 at mp (6:34, 6:30, 6:28, 6:29, 6:21, 6:22, 6:35, 6:22, 6:27, 6:26).

Now for taper time.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all.

What: nothing
    Why: legs still feeling sore/it's raining!
    Lyrics: nope

Good racing yesterday Don
    Good luck Chicka.

Have a good one all.

• Quiet this morning!

Good running postie.

I'm afraid my run was just a case of getting round and the pace/HR relationship is still miles off what it was before I was ill. My legs couldn't have been much more rested so if anyone finds my speed (such as it was) would they please return it asap? Still 21 miles in the bank and it's too late now.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

Sorry (again)

Back again. Still having trouble getting back but today i'm making an effort to get back proper

Yesterday shopping centre closed so that meant  day off quieter roads  so I went cycling did laps with a little detour to see if I could spot where the new gym is I couldn't ended up doing 21.22 miles really wanted to do another 5 miles but feet was getting cold and hand was hurting. But another day

What: a little run
    Why: getting back to it
    Last Hard: Yesterdays cycle (couple of hills on each lap)
    Lyrics: Don't think so

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Good running postie and LMH.  

Legs fine after fast effort yesterday.  Heart fine after Echo scan thing at hospital this morning.  It was 5 years ago when a problem was first diagnosed but that's it - no more heart tests as it's now the right size and strong! image

14 miles easy after hospital, 1:46:30.  Enjoyed the run, legs tired but strong.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

Good to see you Pammie! Was only wondering where you were this morning! And Tom, DD and 40mins. In particular not like Wabo not to pop in: hope there is nothing wrong post Orion 15.

What: about 15 mins walk, then 15 mins run, with which I was pleased (ish!)Why: legs felt a little looser

Weight update, being the first of the month. 6lbs lost so far in 2013. Long way to go before I will be satisfied but heading in the right direction. Most of the loss so far is down to walking: when I am able to run more often I hope that more drops off.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Nice to see you Pammie.

Good news donaldo.

Alehouse - that's good progress so far, sure you'll see it drop off once you're running more. Any ideas as to how I can find the 30 secs or so a mile I've lost since being ill before VLM?

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

well run postie and lmh, good to see Pammie back
    decent pace there too Donaldo, no doubt bouyed by the good news on the ticker!

what : 2km first thing as part of the club's 4x2km relays. Usually held at New Year but delayed (weather, funnily enough). Teams made up from all levels of the club U9s & U11s, track, juniors, and a few of us old 'uns. Decent enough 7.45 for my 2km, but hamstring a bit sore after yesterdays long run. Added another 3-4 miles afterwards (about 30 minutes) to keep the legs stretched, Youngest ran her leg in 8.05 so I maintain the 'fastest in family' crown for a little longer - although her team were 3rd overall (mine was 9th). 
    Eldest still under the duvet; well she is a teenager.
    why - no work today
    last rest - Thursday?
    last hard - stretching
    probably should know the lyric

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    LMH: don't go looking for your speed! As Postie said yesterday, he didn't run for 3 weeks before one London. Cut right back and concentrate on getting well. Meant to say, decent long run Postie!

Sounds fun, Dustin!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Great you were able to run long, LMH

Nice work, donaldo image

300 miles for the month of March. Biggest mileage I've ever completed image

OK race report: Perfect day looking out of the window. Light breeze, brilliant sunshine and minus 5 degrees!! Eeek!! Mighty cold that is. So ran in tights, long sleeve top, buff and hat. Disaster at the start: Garmin had frozen and would not be revived. Had dropped it this morning which must have killed the start button. So I was to run naked. Off we went. Settled with a group of 2 girls and 3 blokes. Running felt good. Pretty easy. As we trotted along, 2 girls passed our little group. 4 of the 5 I ran with upped the pace. I stuck with one guy as it was only 5k in and still a long way to go. And I did not want a flat out race. At 10k I caught one of the girls. At 13k the next. At 17k another. Had dropped the guy somewhere too. Kept going like that. No one passed me but I couldn't get that other girl from the start. Crossed the line with the clock showing 1:33:59 (now rounded to 1:34:00 in the official results). 4th lady, 1st old bird home. Happy.
    Particularly happy because I ran well within myself and my estimate of a comfy 1:34/1:35 was spot on. Flat out I could have done 1:32:xx I'm sure. Now it's taper time - yay!!

• Congratulations chickadeee - and more to come after Hamburg from the sound of things.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Well done Chicka fantastic race image

• What: 10 mile off road along west coast on a glorious day
    Why: Easter Monday and sun is shining
    Last hard: a while ago
    Lyrics: no

Was going to upload a picture of sun over Skail Bay where we set off from (but RW server not playing - dreaded 500 server error ie they screwed up the script!).
    5 miles along the coast to Marwick Head then back. LM.H will know the route.
    Warm enough to break a sweat in a t-shirt (7C and little wind)

Well done Chickadee image
    Brilliantly paced despite Garmin failure.

LM.H LSR in the bank image

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Excellent Chicka, well done image

Good runs from LMH / Pammie (Cycle) / Postie

Nice relay Dustin

4.25m easy here..... a nice run with Jnr, always nice to run togther and have a chat image

• That brings back memories OH - I can't believe it was warm enough for a t-shirt - certainly wasn't here.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

OH: t-shirt! 4 tops, gloves, hat but only one pair of tracksters here!

Well done Chick: perfectly executed. Garmins/stop watches etc are not always necessary!

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Well done Chickadee, great racing image

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Chicka - great run and congrats on the super time. 
    Maybe running without the whistles and bells worked in your favour i.e. as you feel rather than what a gizmo says??
    300 Miles! I struggled to find time for 200!! sub 3h20 at the mara? 

ale - 4 tops? did you find yourself humming "I can't help myself"?

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Dustin: very funny! Not able to run hard enough to break sweat! In fact breaking sweat is this month's target.
  • Chick - great time, especially with all that gear on!!

PP - nice MP work

90 minute turbo session d&d

5 mile run d&d