Options

Ketosis snax for Paleo VLM runners

Following research into low carb diets by running guru Time Noake's, author of the Lore of Running some elite South African marathon runners will be eating 'Ketosis Snax' during this years VLM. "We're not expecting to win, but our research has shown the with training on a low carb diet can produce incredible results." Said Noakes. When asked what sort of times his athletes will achieve he suggested times about a minute per mile slower then what would usually be expected from top level athletes.

From The Cape Town Journal

Comments

• Options
    So they're deliberately handicapping themselves ?

I could do a creme egg diet but that would slow me slightly more.
  • Options

The article was longer but I had to copy it as it was scanned from a news paper.

Noakes said the research is in its early days and to remember that these athletes bodys had been polluted by years of bad nutrition, like he suggested  in his book.

• Options
    MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    I've lived off the Easter egg and cream tea diet over my easter break in Cornwall. My 23 miler felt easier than some of my 20 milers that I've done recently.

Maybe I should write a book.
  • Options
    Hahahahahahaha nice one Noakes.

So, if they do better, it's because of low carb/Paleo.

If they do worse, it's because their bodies have been polluted by years of bad nutrition.

Pull the other one, its got bells on.
  • Options
    MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    So if they are running a minute a mile slower than the top level athletes I'd guess they would be hoping to finish around 2.30 to 2.45. So they have turned elites into decent club level runners.