Tuesday 2nd April 2013

Morning (just)!

Lyrics are: Every time I look down on this timeless town
Whether blue or gray be your skys

Was going to have an early night but have spent about an hour on the phone to talktalk: changed my package over the weekend and now little of it works!

Off to France this pm for what seems to be proving an annual (and  expensive) trip with friends. Hence these lyrics which I suspect i used at this time last year.

What: intend to run for another 15 minutes or so later, but not sure how much other running there will be for the rest of the week.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics were Stupid Girl by Garbage.

Enjoy your trip Alehouse.

Sounds promising Paddy.

What:                 just a swim
    Why:                  recovery
    Last hard:           looking at my March stats
    Last rest:            31/3

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • What: (Options post work) short paddle if I can persuade anyone else, run or badminton.
    (but not all of above)
    Why: calm day again although overcast this morning. 5 days on call from tomorrow.
    Last hard: ?
    Last rest: Sunday (travelling)
    Lyrics: no

Enjoy France AH image

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    ale - bon vacances!
    what - club session, I think its hills
    why - Tuesday
    last rest - Thursday
    last hard - still the stretching. Definitely a niggle in left hammy/backside. Have appointment with QoP booked for tomorrow night. I suspect just stiffness after recently upping the miles. Its OK to run on but would like it not to ache...

lyric - I probably do...

• Morning

4k swim d&d

Might be able to do gym/ run later as visiting painman and he normally leaves me bandy!!

LMH - yes, things seem to be settling down nicely. I'm even eyeing a duathlon on 5 May to see how the body really is!

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Afternoon!  A nice, leisurely 6.25 mile trail run for me today.  Headed up behind Dunblane onto the forestry paths.  Some snow still on the paths.

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu336/donaldshaw/IMG_2475_zps49a52b8b.jpg

Got Max to pose beside his favourite wee pond.

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu336/donaldshaw/IMG_2476_zpsc6547aa1.jpg

This is the reason it's his favourite - can't keep that dog out of water!

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu336/donaldshaw/IMG_2478_zpsfe44732a.jpg

An enjoyable run, took me about an hour. image

Lyrics - nope but should have known yesterdays!

• Donaldo - nice pictures - wondered how you'd managed to get pictures uploaded to RW but see you've actually uploaded them to photobucket.
    No snow here at all

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Ye, I upload them to photobucket then use the wee 'tree' icon on the runnersworld post to add the address of the photo.  Seems to work really well. image  No snow here in Dunblane until I went a few hundred feet higher!

• 2.4k swum this morning. Contemplating a little run or ride this afternoon but as I'd like to run 10 miles or so tomorrow and am still not 100% I guess I probably shouldn't image

Nice pics donaldo.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sitting at the airport, having walked 15 mins and run the same: legs weren't keen today.

LMH: I don't see much point in doing 10! Your priority is getting well: your training is in the bank...running too much or too hard will mean you are starting to make withdrawals from that bank.

DON: your photos are both cool (!) and too technically advanced. I still can't change my pic!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning! OK, not =morning!

We got back late last night, going from 32 degrees down to 2. WHERE'S Spring?
    The snorkelling and diving was excellent, the best of it being a night time dive. AWESOME! Unfortunately I've got a bit of an ear infection -probably from the UK swimming pools- and the homeward flight has exacerbated it. Ear drops, antibiotics and ibuprofen, with swimming cancelled for at least a week.
    Now I'm sat in the garage waiting for the car to finish service. It needed a part and the new one was broken. Great.

Training? Yeah, the plan was for a 20 miler, but the prospect is diddly squat.

• Alehouse -it's a tapering MLR - or that was the idea anyway. What do you think I should be doing then? I'm not trying to play catch up and am being good in not doing an extra session today - keeping it at one a day until feel 100% or after VLM - whichever is first.

Blisters - I want to be warm! Nearest I'm getting at the minute is the sauna if I have time after my swim. Hope your ear clears up quickly - no 20 milers when you've just started antibiotics! Keep it easy.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    LMH: all I'm saying is be careful! If in doubt... Don't! 45 to 60 gentle, perhaps? Only you know how you feel, but at this stage I would err on the side of caution.
  • Ok - thanks. I'm trying to be good - honest.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Nice pics Donaldo

Lovely and sunny here in Hampshire

Despite starting the Taper yesterday, my plan still had this little beauty.... 15 mis steady - 1.96m / 10 mins threshold - 1.57m / 6 x 2 mins at 10k pace .34m, .33m, .34m, .34m, .33m, .34m of 60 seconds recovery / 10 mins threshold - 1.57m and 15 mins stead 2.04m, great run in the sun, hard work but loved it... 10.09m in total in 1:10:00.

Good things with runs like that is afterwards you feel really good and strong, hope that feeling lasts for another 3 weeks....

Take care

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Thanks for all the nice comments, guys image

Dustin wrote (see)

Chicka - great run and congrats on the super time. 
    Maybe running without the whistles and bells worked in your favour i.e. as you feel rather than what a gizmo says??
    300 Miles! I struggled to find time for 200!! sub 3h20 at the mara? 

ale - 4 tops? did you find yourself humming "I can't help myself"?

Not sure about that, Dustin. I've based my MP in training on a 3:24ish time. And knowing my luck it will be stinkin' hot on the day so any PB will do me image

Ale: you are right - those gizmos sometimes let us forget to listen to our body ...  I will do more naked running in the future. Always thought I was shite at pacing myself but yesterday taught me I could actually do it. Would have loved to see how even the 2 halves were though ... too bad it was a low key race with only 300 people in it and no chip timing. Enjoy France.

Donaldo: great pics! I still don't understand how you managed to upload them. I keep getting the stupid "oops there is a problem" page ...

Blisters: ear infection sounds nasty image

what: rest day
    why: I earned it
    last hard: yesterday (although I don't even have DOMS, so perhaps it wasn't so hard image)
    last rest: today
    lyrics: no

• WRT pictures

the problem appears to be hosting pictures on the RW server (for both the avatar or general pictures).

Donaldo is uploading his pictures on an independent site (photobucket) then just giving RW a web address (URL) by selecting "An External Site" after clicking tree icon.
    This unfortunately won't work for the personal signature (avatar) picturesimage

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon all.

What: 3.6 km run on beach
    Why: legs very tight so wanted something to losen them up.
    Last hard: trying to get someone in Cape Town BA to accept that they need to fix my bag.  No one in CT or London is listening to me when I tell them I can't put my stuff back in it to fly back to the UK (as it's broken), nor can I get a replacement bag in London or Frankfurt as I don't live near either of those places.  Sigh. 

Ale gute reisen.
    Chick no DOMS?! 
    LMH maybe a cycle to turn over the legs rather than a 10 mile run?

re pictures.  It's a pain as I had some nice snowy ones and now I could have some nice beachy run ones image

Have a good one all.

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Would love to see more pics, so just use photobucket or any other uploading site.  When you choose a pic on photobucket, it then gives you the web address of that pic.  You copy the address with one click.

Then all you have to do is click the tree and paste the address into the URL box.  I have 1000s on photobucket...like this one from late summer 2011.

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu336/donaldshaw/Torridon%20Oct%2011/5me.jpg

RFJ - that is some session, inspirational stuff!  I am taking note of some of your sessions for future use.  Brill. image

• http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y461/faypj/DSCF0416_zpsd6864689.jpg

Finishing our run yesterday

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Beautiful pic, OH. image