The Road to Paris - On a Plateau - Asics Target 26.2 Training

Comments

• Day 106 - Asics Target 26.2 Paris Marathon Training (01/04/13)

Target: 3 mile jog

Actual: 3.14 mile jog in 27:38 @ 8:48m/m

Again those phantom feelings of lethargy were around today. Not that they really made any difference, as the pace was slow and I put the tiredness down to spending most of the day being on my feet enjoying the extra day off walking around the shops, resisting the temptation to spend any money!

It was mentioned by both Sam and Victor, the sports psychologist at the last Birmingham training day, that it's good to have a Gold, Silver and Bronze target for Paris - more of a 'don't put all your eggs in the same basket' philosophy. I used today's run to think more about what my goals should be. I came up with the following:

Gold: A sub 3:30 marathon

Silver: A time very close to 3:30, but maybe just falling outside by a few seconds or a couple of minutes.

Bronze: A time under 3:40

Of course I'm going for the gold target, but if anything goes wrong on race day - an unscheduled toilet stop, a trip or fall - then I won't feel so disappointed as I have other targets to aim for. I think having my bronze target just to beat my PB (3:44:27) would be setting my target too low as I feel this should be a given (otherwise I'd be letting myself and everyone down and not have done the competition justice at all).

Once I'd settled on these targets for race day, I still had another mile of my run to go and my thoughts went to the race itself, in particular the finish. Thinking of a sprint finish meant I ran my third mile about 30 seconds faster than what I should have done. Every time I tried to correct this, my thoughts went back to the race and my paced picked up again.

So that leaves 3 runs left until race day!image

Here's my run from today:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/292014864

• For anyone interested in my 16th and last week of training before Paris, here's the plan:

SamMurphyRuns wrote (see)

Week 16 w/c 1st April RACE WEEK

Monday 3 MILE JOG
    Tuesday 1 MILE COMFORTABLE, 3 MILES MP, 1 MILE COMFORTABLE (5 MILES)
    Wednesday REST
    Thursday 3 MILE JOG PLUS 2 X ACCEL STRIDES
    Friday: REST
    Saturday 20 MINS EASY PLUS 3 ACCEL STRIDES (optional!)
    Sunday RACE DAY

Very nice and easy! image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    Liking the look of that final week Ady. Out of interest are you doing a 1, 2 or 3 day carbo load?

I know what you mean about jinxing yourself by thinking too much about target times. That said you have every right to be confident.

My current PB is way slower than yours so I'll be gutted if I don't knock a decent chunk off. Thing is you never know what will happen on the day. It could be a scorcher in which case my targets will have to be radically reduced.

I like the idea of the Gold, Silver and Bronze. I think my Gold will be the same as yours. My silver would be sub 3:38 and bronze under 3:45.

I think you're allowed to be a little more excited than normal. You're going to Paris in style. I normally get very nervous before races and I'd probably be caking it if I was in your shoes. Hmm sorry, that doesn't really help alleviate your nerves does it? image

Do report back how the pacing discussion goes with Sam.

Just tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday then it's Paris here you come!
  • Morning Ady!

Looking forward to the last week- exciting times... Looks like a good week and certainly I have always gone for out for a short run the day before. As I was on my own it also worked as a quick reconnaissance around the hotel as I'd arrived in darkness the night before. I also felt it calmed my nerves a little bit?

Like Malcs said, would be interested to hear pacing strategy. I have run negative splits for many of my races and reading the recent article in RW this suggests that means I could be going quicker? Don't know what Sam and everyone else think?
  • Best of luck for Sunday, I see you have been training well and having done Paris a few years ago I know you will enjoy the course, great wide open start and lots of space on wide roads. That PB is there for the taking!!

• Hi Ady, don't you worry, I'm DEFINITELY coming to Paris!! Thought it would be good not to leave pace disucssion till the Eurostar thoughimage

Thanks, Malcs, and Sarah for the kind words. It's so lovely to be a part of this project and be able to help and advise a large number of people.

Clive, I think it depends on what sort of difference you've clocked in your negative splits. A half a minute or minute would suggest you're about right, pace wise. If it's more like 5 minutes then you could consider adjusting your pace upwards a bit though. 

• Shady Ady - malcs has made the point well - seriously how can you beat yourself up over a few pounds!! You have done brilliantly not only in your weight loss target but your training, this forum..... Gold star from me already.

I will be saluting you even on the start line!
  • Day 107 - Asics Target 26.2 Paris Marathon Training (02/04/13)

Target: 1 MILE COMFORTABLE, 3 MILES MP, 1 MILE COMFORTABLE (5 MILES)

Actual: 1 MILE COMFORTABLE, 3 MILES MP, 1.13 MILE COMFORTABLE - 5.13 miles @ 7:51m/m

Mile Splits: 1st @ 8:04m/m. 2nd @ 7:41m/m. 3rd @ 7:43m/m. 4th @ 7:43m/m. 5th @ 8:03m/m.

Today felt very much like the last day of work before Christmas - my last proper run completed and now it's just watching the clock countdown to race day. The last 15 weeks might have gone lightning fast, but I have a feeling time will start slowing down now and it will seem like an ice age before Sunday.

It's a bit of a bittersweet feeling today. While I might have completed my last proper run before Sunday's race, reading the news that Steve won't be joining us on the start line has left a sour taste. Reading how painful his knee is, I definitely think he's made the right decision to pull out. What enjoyment would you get running on an excruciating injury, missing your goal time and potentially not finishing the race? I've said it on his forum page, there's no doubt he'll come back stronger than ever and run times I can only dream of.

It's strange feeling this level of disappointment for someone I only met for the first time 4 months ago. And this is precisely one of the greatest things this competition has provided - amazing support from everybody - Sam, Ruth, Sarah, everybody at Runners World and Asics, everybody on the forums and Steve, Alex, Sarah and Mel. I never thought everybody would be so supportive and this has helped immensely. I thought each runner would do their own thing, keep themselves to themselves and just meet up on training days. It's been far more than that. Everybody has been genuinely interested in the progress of each. Good vibes all round. I doubt I'd have kept the motivation going without such support.

The plan on today's run was to give my legs one last good workout. I wanted to start by running the first mile at just over 8:00m/m, the next three around 7:50m/m and then the last just slower than 8:00m/m again. With the sun shining it felt warmer than other runs recently, even with the howling wind, which I only started to feel on the return leg of the run having ran with a tailwind for the first half.

It was a good little workout. There were no feelings of tiredness. No niggles, although my knee has been starting to feel a little stiffer in the past few days (I should have had my sports massage a week later!). I think I ran the MP miles today a little faster than what I needed to do, but saying that I remember a 16 mile race I ran before Boston Marathon when I got my PB. I averaged 7:42m/m for the 16 miles. Could I keep this going for the full marathon in Paris? Possibly not this time!

So that leaves two jogs before Paris. Closer it gets!

Here's my run from today:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/292411046

• Calorie Watch! Food & Drink Diary – Monday 1st April 2013

9:00am - Breakfast - Fruit 1-1/2 Hot Cross Buns, cup of tea

11:00am - Pint of squash, large handful of cherry tomatoes, small yoghurt

2:30pm - Lunch - Subway Turkey Breast footlong, a pint of squash

4:30pm - 3 mile jog (see earlier for description)

5:15pm - Pint of squash, small dish of strawberries.

7:00pm - Dinner - Lamb couscous with spinach and sultanas (homemade), pint of squash

8:00pm - Cup of tea, Clementine, small yoghurt

9:30pm - Pint of squash

• sarah osborne wrote (see)

Hi Ady. There is about 20 of us going down to london from the running club that I am in, but only 4 of us running so it should be quite a nice weekend. Last year I was at the start on my own but this year im luckily with two others which will be much nicer. We go down on the fri and then come back sunday after the race so I wont get any time to celebrate in trafalgar square!

I cant believe that you only have a speed session and then 2 easy runs to go and then thats it....im getting so excited for you. Cant wait to see how you get on. Its such a shame that the marathon isnt on TV like London is so I can watch it and look out for you guys.

I was glad of an easy 3 miles today...my legs were quite tired, but afterwards they have felt much better. So far so good with the taper!

I didnt have any eggs bought me this year image, although im not a big fan of chocolate so I normally get something else (like jelly babies or a teddy). My only downfall this weekend was the cocktails I had in liverpool on saturday night...but im being good now from now until after VLM!

Hey Sarah........you should have a god support crew by the sounds of it down with you.Will they be moving around the course to different points? Will you be giving them any gels, etc to carry to hand to you so you odn't have to carry them all? It's a shame you won't get too much time to celebrate after the race in London.....hopefully  sitting in the car/ train on the way home wont seize you up too much.

Cocktails young lady you say........that's got me thinking for Sunday evening now.......maybe when I see the prices of the cocktails, I'll stick to a beer or two! 

• Malcs wrote (see)
    Liking the look of that final week Ady. Out of interest are you doing a 1, 2 or 3 day carbo load?

I know what you mean about jinxing yourself by thinking too much about target times. That said you have every right to be confident.

My current PB is way slower than yours so I'll be gutted if I don't knock a decent chunk off. Thing is you never know what will happen on the day. It could be a scorcher in which case my targets will have to be radically reduced.

I like the idea of the Gold, Silver and Bronze. I think my Gold will be the same as yours. My silver would be sub 3:38 and bronze under 3:45.

I think you're allowed to be a little more excited than normal. You're going to Paris in style. I normally get very nervous before races and I'd probably be caking it if I was in your shoes. Hmm sorry, that doesn't really help alleviate your nerves does it? image

Do report back how the pacing discussion goes with Sam.

Just tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday then it's Paris here you come!

Hey Malcs.......I do believe it's a 2 day carb-loab for the marathon. I've already purchased the majority of my carb-loading treats - jaffa cakes, jelly babies, and maltoaf (sorry Ruth, not the pre-sliced variety as the normal kind was on special offer!). I think I'm more prepared for the carb-load this time around, so shouldnt struggle.

I like the sound of your gold, silver and bronze targets. All extremely achievable and like my targets, even your bronze target is a considerable amount quicker than your current PB.

When you say caking it, all I can think about is eating cake..........I'm getting sweet tooth  withdrawal at the moment.........if I had a cherry bakewell waiting for me at the finish, I'd probably break 3:20! Enough of the cake talk!

Are you planning on carb-loading again?

• Clive Kelty wrote (see)
    Morning Ady!

Looking forward to the last week- exciting times... Looks like a good week and certainly I have always gone for out for a short run the day before. As I was on my own it also worked as a quick reconnaissance around the hotel as I'd arrived in darkness the night before. I also felt it calmed my nerves a little bit?

Like Malcs said, would be interested to hear pacing strategy. I have run negative splits for many of my races and reading the recent article in RW this suggests that means I could be going quicker? Don't know what Sam and everyone else think?

Hey Clive........that's a good note regarding going for a run on the Saturday before the race - it'll certainly help to control my nerves and maybe even help focus my thoughts as well. Not sure exactly whereabouts there is to run nearby the hotel. I think there's a cemetry. It would be peaceful and traffic free, but I'm not sure if running in a cemetry is bad etiquette. I guess it is?

I haven't discussed my pacing for Sunday yet. I have a number in my head. but I'll have to wait and see if Sam has the same number. 

I read the same article as you. It was very interesting, especially as it said normally runners run ther 2nd half of a marahton about 2-5mins slower than the first. I would like to run the first half quicker than the 2nd half and not go for a negative split, but the thought of a negative split doesn't scare me any more. I managed it in the half marathon when pushing myself from the start, and also Spitfire 20, so I know I have it in me. Let's see what I'm given to do! image

• Jimmers83 wrote (see)

Best of luck for Sunday, I see you have been training well and having done Paris a few years ago I know you will enjoy the course, great wide open start and lots of space on wide roads. That PB is there for the taking!!

Great to hear from you Jimmers. It only feels like yesterday we were at boot camp. Thanks for the confidence boosting comments. I'm really happy to see you writing that the start is quite open and the roads are wide. That's one thing I'm a little worried about - losing a lot of time at the beginning. But I don't think it will be that bad! Fingers crossed everything goes to plan!image

• SamMurphyRuns wrote (see)

Hi Ady, don't you worry, I'm DEFINITELY coming to Paris!! Thought it would be good not to leave pace disucssion till the Eurostar thoughimage

Thanks, Malcs, and Sarah for the kind words. It's so lovely to be a part of this project and be able to help and advise a large number of people.

Clive, I think it depends on what sort of difference you've clocked in your negative splits. A half a minute or minute would suggest you're about right, pace wise. If it's more like 5 minutes then you could consider adjusting your pace upwards a bit though. 

Yay! You had me worried there for a second Sam......I thought I was going to be left to my own devices, which would have probably meant running a new PB half marathon before crumbling to a walk in the last few miles and failing to meet any of my goals! 

There's been so many good things learnt during this training, but the progressive runs have been one of the biggest reasons why I've made the progress I have. Learning to up my speed during a run and running faster on tired legs has been a huge benefit.

2 more 'jogs' to go! image

• RUTH MCKEAN wrote (see)
    Shady Ady - malcs has made the point well - seriously how can you beat yourself up over a few pounds!! You have done brilliantly not only in your weight loss target but your training, this forum..... Gold star from me already.
    I will be saluting you even on the start line!

Thanks Ruth....it has just made me more committed to continuing with the weight loss goals after Paris as well. Well maybe not for the first week after Paris where I'll enjoy all those forbidden fruits (and fried chciken!) that I haven't eaten for the past 16 weeks.

I feel I've seen nutrition in a completely different light now and now know how much easier it is to lose weight when eating correctly during marathon training. See you in a few days time image

• Ady,

Sorry for jumping in, but responding to Sams comment from earlier about pacing- only telling me what I kind of thought anyway- a 4 minute negative split is really too much!

I have always been twitched about blowing up later on so started conservatively but maybe need to rethink slightly. Certainly if going for a gold or silver target I will do. Probably a reflection of inexperience. I'm sure you're experience from all previous marathons will help image
  • Its a gold star from me too (feel like im on the judges panel on got to dance)!

After smashing your PB and achieving your gold target you wont care about the cost of a cocktail im sure.

I think they will be staying put at London as if they move they will probably loose their spot and not get another one as good. Chris wanted food and a drink last year but some of the others wouldnt let him move.....after the marathon he told me that he had a more difficult day than me!
  • Thanks Ady... What can I say? If I wasn't so manly I'd be welling up!

The level of support really has been out of this world, hasn't it? It has been such a pleasure to meet everybody and I've taken so, so many positives from being involved in this... It sounds like you have too.

As for you, I am 100% looking forward to cheering you on in Paris and I feel very confident that you'll get that target time. I'm genuinely looking forward to going over with you guys and it's great to know that what we all started together we will finish together.

You've trained so hard and put so much into the competition and that will show itself on Sunday with a great run and a great result.

At the risk of making you feel like a McDonald's employee newly allowed to be in charge of the fries, it's a definite gold star from me too.

Hope you enjoy the last two jogs and I will see you at St Pancras on Friday!

ps if you don't finish faster your target time, I will have already drank all the celebratory wine... No pressureimage

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    Ady - two day carbo load sounds great. Yes, I'll be doing one too, though not at the same time as you on this occasion - you're on your own this time I'm afraid. I have over Easter'd a bit lately so I need to ease off the grub.

Btw. sorry to put your mind onto cakes image I will be more careful with my choice of metafors in future!

Clive - You must have felt great towards the end with that kind of split. I'm worried about overdoing it too early on as well. I have only ever faded off in the latter stages.

Ruth - Thanks for all your advice over the past few months. Because of this I no longer have doubts about eating hot cross buns - this could have driven me to the edge of oblivion. I can confidently tell Mrs Malcs that "salad is not a meal" and I can use a big exclamation mark at the end to ram the point home! Most importantly of all I can fill the two days pre race with Jaffa Cakes and Jelly Babies knowing that I'm acting like a responsible athlete and not just pigging out image
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    Steveo - must have posted at the same time. Top support. Though I must pick you up on something. I think Ady has at the very least earned the right to flip burgers as well as cook fries. Hell, he may even be worthy enough to McFlurry as well. There, I've said it.
  • PC -PC - ✭✭✭

Hi Shady,

You've ran 500 miles in training ! Amazing !!  You burn 100 cal/mile that's 50 000 cals !!!  It's so difficult to lose weight because the body is trying to economise fuel as output is so great.  If you want to beat yourself, let us do it for you..... with large sticks !  WELL DONE.  If you still have any doubts about your success then put 12 bags of sugar in a backpack and see how fast you run on Sunday.

I doubt that I'll see this weekend, unless you wear the backpack, so GOOD LUCK.

For those following you or the others, there is an Paris Marathon App, which shows the times at the 5k markers.  All the best.

PS.  My money is on Sarah image !

• Hi Shady Ady!!!

Best of luck for Paris on Sunday.... I will be doing my first 20 miler on Sunday, so shall be thinking of all of you.  I would like to say thanks to you for the help and encouragement youv'e given to me.  AND you've helped me to realise that my dream of taking an hour off my marathon time isn't as unachievable as I thought, but its a process that requires dedicated and consistent training.

I echo the others in saying thanks to SamMurphyRuns, Sarah Physio, Ruth Nutritionist and Steve Marathon Coach in giving us all, and me personally advice that is really helping me through my Spring marathon campaign.  I've done 2 marathons before, and both completely on my own.  Having this forum has really kept me motivated, and other than in the last week or so, I've only missed a run through illness or injury/prevention, which is how it should be.  April is going to be a high mileage month for me, so I hope some of you stick around to give me some motivation when everyone else is done with Paris and tapering for London!!! image

GOOD LUCK!!! You;re gonna get GOLD image

• PC91 wrote (see)

It's bad enough (and hard enough!) trying to race against myself let alone think about the potential for another Ovett/ Coe rivalry! image

Luckily my money has been slapped on Seabass and Weird Al in the 4:15 at Aintree the day before. Knowing my luck, there will be none left come Sunday!

• The calf is ok thanks Ady. I'm still getting twinges from it but I think that's largely in my head! I've not done any speed work or intervals since the injury as it feels more uncomfortable as I speed up. I decided I was best off just getting the miles in which has meant I should be on the start line, hooray! But not feeling quite as fit and sharp as I would like, boo!

Still keeping an eye on the forecast and its looking good! I've read some where that a poncho is included in the runners pack that we will pick up at the expo. Still probably a good idea to take some bin bags just in case though.

My final taper week has been a emotional roller coaster! We had an appointment for tuesday for a 12 week pregnancy scan so was full of joy and excitement on the Monday until we had a bit of a scare and had to make a trip to the emergency walk in centre in the evening to be told everything is "probably ok". We then had another anxious 24hr wait before the scan. I'm pleased to say everything is fine and IM GOING TO BE A DAD! Not the most relaxing week so far in the build up to the marathon! my taper this week consists of a two mile jog on Monday, a 5 mile run later today, sports massage on Thursday and a final two mile jog on Friday!

We are staying here.....http://travel.eurostar.com/hotels/detail/177667?DatelessSearch=1&RoomOccupancy=1,0,0&dist=0&for_city=true&s=0&waiting=true. Where are you staying? Unfortunately to keep costs down we don't travel out until the Saturday morning and then straight to the expo so I won't be able to join you for a jog. It certainly sounds good that the last time you did a run the day before was when you set your PB. Fingers crossed you make that a habit!

My goals for Sunday are, gold-sub 3:30, silver-sub 3:40 and bronze-beat my only previous marathon time of 3:46:48.

Best of luck.
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Paulo - wow, congratulations! Glad to hear everything is ok with junior. If you think it's a rollercoaster before they are born wait and see what comes after image

Sounds like your goals are pretty much identical to mine. Very best of luck to you!

Ady - how are the nerves/worries/excitement today? I don't think I'm going to last until my race, I feel like I'm on my 4 day countdown with you! I wonder if I'll get the post marathon blues on Monday as well?

Are you a last minute packer or are you a list freak and have everything laid out days in advance? 

• Haha thanks Malcs I'm pretty sure life won't be the same again!
  • sarah osborne wrote (see)
    Its a gold star from me too (feel like im on the judges panel on got to dance)!

After smashing your PB and achieving your gold target you wont care about the cost of a cocktail im sure.

I think they will be staying put at London as if they move they will probably loose their spot and not get another one as good. Chris wanted food and a drink last year but some of the others wouldnt let him move.....after the marathon he told me that he had a more difficult day than me!

Hey Sarah.....you're probably right.....I'll be throwing money on those cocktails, especially after winning a whooping £2.60 on the lottery last night as well!

I think you should swap places with Chris next year and then see if he agrees it's more difficult being a spectator. Saying that though, whenever I've gone to watch the London marathon, it makes me wish I was running. I went to watch it last year and I found it more inspiring watching the slower runners than the leaders. There was one lady who kept having epileptic shocks, kept collapsing, then getting up and continuing to run. You can't help but feel inspired by such people.

Just over 3 days to go to the marathon......and more importantly, just over 1 day until the carb-load starts!image

• Steve loves bacon wrote (see)

Thanks Ady... What can I say? If I wasn't so manly I'd be welling up!

The level of support really has been out of this world, hasn't it? It has been such a pleasure to meet everybody and I've taken so, so many positives from being involved in this... It sounds like you have too.

As for you, I am 100% looking forward to cheering you on in Paris and I feel very confident that you'll get that target time. I'm genuinely looking forward to going over with you guys and it's great to know that what we all started together we will finish together.

You've trained so hard and put so much into the competition and that will show itself on Sunday with a great run and a great result.

At the risk of making you feel like a McDonald's employee newly allowed to be in charge of the fries, it's a definite gold star from me too.

Hope you enjoy the last two jogs and I will see you at St Pancras on Friday!

ps if you don't finish faster your target time, I will have already drank all the celebratory wine... No pressureimage

Hey up Steve! Again, I'm gutted you won't be on the starting line, but it's very admirable the way you have taken the news and have positive you've remained. There's no doubt you'll come back stronger from this for the next marathon hopefully later in the year. Happy that you'll still be coming to Paris.

Thanks for the confidence booster.......if I ever fail in my current career, it sounds like I could excel in the fast food industry! 

See you at St. Pancras!

• Malcs wrote (see)
    Ady - two day carbo load sounds great. Yes, I'll be doing one too, though not at the same time as you on this occasion - you're on your own this time I'm afraid. I have over Easter'd a bit lately so I need to ease off the grub.

Btw. sorry to put your mind onto cakes image I will be more careful with my choice of metafors in future!

Clive - You must have felt great towards the end with that kind of split. I'm worried about overdoing it too early on as well. I have only ever faded off in the latter stages.

Ruth - Thanks for all your advice over the past few months. Because of this I no longer have doubts about eating hot cross buns - this could have driven me to the edge of oblivion. I can confidently tell Mrs Malcs that "salad is not a meal" and I can use a big exclamation mark at the end to ram the point home! Most importantly of all I can fill the two days pre race with Jaffa Cakes and Jelly Babies knowing that I'm acting like a responsible athlete and not just pigging out image

Leaving me on my own to carb-load...........After your help last time, I hope I'm big enough and brave enough to make it by myself this time! image

I agree with your praise for Ruth......for the past 2 days I've been eating hotcross buns for breakfast without a single feeling of guilt!

You are also forgetting the additional pigging out after the marathon as well to 'replenish those lost calories'...........I've already instructed Mrs. Shady Ady to have Burger Kings finest waiting for me at the finish....I haven't enjoyed such a treat since after the first Boot Camp!

• PC91 wrote (see)

Hi Shady,

You've ran 500 miles in training ! Amazing !!  You burn 100 cal/mile that's 50 000 cals !!!  It's so difficult to lose weight because the body is trying to economise fuel as output is so great.  If you want to beat yourself, let us do it for you..... with large sticks !  WELL DONE.  If you still have any doubts about your success then put 12 bags of sugar in a backpack and see how fast you run on Sunday.

I doubt that I'll see this weekend, unless you wear the backpack, so GOOD LUCK.

For those following you or the others, there is an Paris Marathon App, which shows the times at the 5k markers.  All the best.

Thanks PC91! When you put the calories burnt like that, it does seem a ridiculous amount of calories burt. I read somewhere that it takes a loss of about 3500 calories before you lose a lb in weight. So I make that about 15lbs in weight I should have lost....so the fact I have lost 13lbs, isn't too bad an outcome I suppose. I might give carrying those 12 bags of sugar a miss........otherwise you'll be making easy money!

Thanks for the heads-up on the Paris Marathon App.....I've just downloaded it, so Mrs. Shady Ady can follow my progress while she waits at the finish. It should help her plan on getting my Burger King so it's still warm when I cross the finish line! image

All the best to you as well. I really hope you manage to break 4hrs.