Wednesday 3rd April 2013

Morning.

Lyrics - Although he had past history

Where is birks?

I just don't know what to do. RHR is up again (though not above doing something 'easy' limits) but gunk production seems to have decreased slightly though throat is still bad. Guess I shall see how I feel as the day goes on as won't have the opportunity to do anything until this afternoon anyway.

What:             something easy
Why:              it's supposed to be a taper, not total rest
Last hard:       not gettng better
Last rest:        most of March was spent resting

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning

What:3.5M Easy

Why: Bit stiff legged

Cold and frosty one up here.

Sorry not been on .Our dining room had to get finished decorated and new carpet laid. So very busy. I didn't lay new carpet we got experts in...image

Oldest son survived Newcastle over weekend. Down at his pals big brothers flat

Catch up time.

• Middling sort of day here: some blue sky, lots of white cloud, dry but sun has yet to peep through.

What: maybe short loop after work if quiet

Last hard: march

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    Blisters - glad the break was good
    what - something easy, 6 miles or so
    why - club last night, wasn't hills, was 3x1800m with 200m recoveries. Ran quite solidly, worked out about 7m/miling for the reps, fast enough for now. Great to be training in daylight again though.
    Aches still in hammy/glutes, QoP tonight, a grown man will cry.
    last hard - yesterday
    last rest - thursday
    lyric - think so

• Morning

70 mins on turbo d&d with 30mins time trial using power.

later its an easy run followed by swim session with open water swimmers. The session is all about getting to  grips with swimming in open water. Its in a pool but mid April we graduate to the Sea and lakes. The openwater aspect of the swim is my biggest fail at the moment and needs to be sorted!!!.

LMH - its coming together for you!!

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all.

What: hopefully a hike somewhere up a mountain
    Why: at last the weather is good for it
    Last hard: still trying to get someone to take responsibility for my damaged baggage...

LMH you've still got a while, take it easy and I'm sure everything will come together.
    Dustin good session last night
    Paddy good luck with the open water training.

Have a good one all.

• What power meter ae you using Paddy? It doesn't feel as though it's coming together - I very much feel as though it's falling apart!

emzap - can you not purchase a new case and claim it back or are they insisting on supplying a replacement? Must be very frustrating. When do you fly home?

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Agree Emz, can't you just buy another bag? Annoying yes, but surely better than all the headache?
    Enjoy the dip Paddy

• LMH - It's coming together slowly, but it is coming together. You must realise that you are in panic time - everything is magnified!! The power meter is as comes with the Tacx Flow Turbo Trainer. 

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

emzap - hope you have a good hike - I'm starting to miss the hills now, especially as all my walking friends are enjoying glorious snowy sunshiney views every day!

I'm having one of those 'can't be bothered' days.  My plan is to do 6 x 800m with 2 mins recovery but my motivation right now is zero!  I will get out eventually, mind you image

Lyrics - no.

LMH - hope you feel back at your best soon. image

• You've got the same turbo as me Paddy, and given this winter's foul weather it's been a great little tool. That and the DVD player.

Like others here my form is falling apart at the moment. All forms of activity are on hold. I was wrapped up in double jumper and a coat last evening, yet still frozen. Then hot sweats in the night. Before 6 am, I had to get up and dose up on pain relief etc. When the alarm went off my wife grumped across me to turn it off. I couldn't hear it over the tinitis. That was quite amusing really.

Now then. Donaldo. Get your arse out of that door. Because you can. 6x800 off 2 minutes? That sounds like a tea break between sets. You'll spend longer stood still than running.

• Ah - a posh turbo. I fancied one of those - but not the price tag. Maybe one day.

Blister's - hope you're soon feeling better.

donaldo - think of those days when you thought that you may not be able to run - usually works for me.

My problem at the moment is deciding what's me being lazy and what's sensible. Just home from work and having lunch then need to decide whether to take Grace out for an hours run, do the originally intended 10 miles or opt for something on the turbo (a bit windy for the bike).

• A'noon

Back in for another nosey.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

so teh taper begins, 20 miles done on Sunday, phew!

lmh, hope you soon see the rhr better

blisters oh you have tinitus, poor y0u thats not nice is it

hope evryone is doing ok

what: 7 miles later

why: schedule

last hard: sunday, oh last nights tempo actually

last easy: monday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

lol I got out that door and did the session, on advice from my fellow posters! image

10 miles including 6 x 800m with 2 mins recovery.  Times were 2:49, 2:48, 2:53, 2:46, 2:49, 2:59. 

Had a good 5 mile warm up before starting the reps and then just headed home, leaving me about a mile to warm down.  It was undulating on the roads and you can probably tell that rep 6 was mostly uphill but I worked my ass off to get under 3 minutes.  

Loved the session today, nice weather too, lovely sunshine but still a bit nippy! image

Thanks for the motivation, Blisters and AH, get those ailments cured as soon as! 

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Birkmyre, are you going across to Dunoon for the Jukes 5 miler on Saturday?

Actually...now that I mention it... I can't even remember if you are still in Glenpark or not! :P

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Wow, donaldo, that's shifting! Great reps image. You look exactly like your avatar in the pic you posted yesterday, btw image

wabo: happy tapering

Poor old blisters image

LMH: difficult question to answer. How do you feel about running? Dreading it because you know it will hurt or the pace will be slow or are you itching to go? Maybe you could start with 5 miles and then double it if you are feeling strong enough?

what: 5 miles tonight
    why: CNBA this morning (it was freeeeeezing again!!)
    last hard: Monday
    last rest: yesterday
    lyrics: no

• Aternoon

What 10ish commute
    Why tapered MWLR
    Lyrics no

LMH be patient.

Did 5 very easy then slowly ramped up the pace to mp for mile 10.

• Knew you'd enjoy it once you were out donaldo.

chickadeee - to be honest I feel as if I could just take to the sofa with copious quantities of chocolate but I took Grace out for a run instead and we had an enjoyable 7 mile run despite the wind. Don't wear the HRM when I run with Grace as there's too much stop/start with letting her off the lead, putting her back on, stopping whilst she has a drink or a paddle etc so no idea how high the effort was for the pace - which is probably what made it more enjoyable image

Not one of my virtues postie image

Is the spell checker not working for anyone else?

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Good afternoon: France is as cold as the UK!

Yesterday's lyrics were "I love Paris in the Springtime", various artists, including Sinatra, for one.

No running, but lots of walking.

Good to see you Wabo: enjoy the taper.

Decent session, Don.

Lyrics: non.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

Alehouse: Spring!!!  housemate has just told me its snowing - think his eyesight  must be better than mine. Though I wouldn't be surprised

Blisters Oh bummer

LMH no never used it  get an error message

What: 30 minutes run walk
    Why: getting fitness back and lbs to lose
    Last Hard: Yesterday
    Lyrics nope

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Blisters - dose up well

Donaldo - good splits

Rest day here - 5 more nights to go on shift...

• donaldo: Still a member, all be it a non active one.   Hope it goes well on Saturday. Glad you got out today.

• donaldo; Just seen your pics from yesterday. Cracking one of Max, will need to post one of Geordie soon.

• Just 3 miles after work (proper)
    ... but in shorts!

emzap - the airline is responsible for the damage (whether it occured in flight, during baggage handling or on delivery to you by the courier ordered by the airline). There is howver an internationally agreed maximum damage compensation which is per kg.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Evening.

So, bag has now been collected by someone (we're hoping it's the airline - it's South Africa, anything is possible!).  Fingers crossed we're now on the road to getting some sort of conclusion.  They have a week to sort something out!

Hike was AWESOME.  Climbed up about 900m.  Some of which was proper steep sheer rock climbing, and as someone who hates heights, this was terrifying.  I nearly froze at one point, but with my OH in front and a friend behind me making sure my feet were on stable rocks, I did it.  The plateau across the back of Table Mountain was spectacular, as was the resevoir at the top of the mountain.  I took some pics which I'll try and post tomorrow.  Then down the road (I don't think it would classify as a road in Europe...) back to the car.  3.5 hours of walking, but no idea of distance.

Then out for dinner by the sea front watching the sunset behind the mountains image  A good day.

Good to see Pammie and Wabo back again.
    Ale sorry to hear it's cold in France as well.

Have a good one all.

• Sounds like it's still going well Wabo - good to hear it.

emzap - that sounds awesome.

What's next race wise OH?

birks - is that a 'no' to the race then? image

• LM.H Cape Wrath week (maybe Kirkwall 10k if it gets advertised and I'm free!)

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

oh jealous about you doing cape wrath! my club mates are going up there, they usually do well

nice run off road tonight, pammie it did actually snow slightly but no mud!!!

7 miles in 67, it is going well really lmh. please let it last

emzap you are brave!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

every time I try to upload a photo from my lap top the message comes up oops something went wrong, its been going wrong for a week and a half!