She wee ? P-Mate etc

FizziofinnFizziofinn ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried any of the many devices out there for having a wee standing up ? For those of us with penis envy, which are recommended and which are not  ?

Comments

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Can't you just squat? Surely lady runners are likely to have the leg muscles required not to fall over.

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

But then you'd have to bare your bottom! Not used one sorry...but interested to hear if they're any good.

• I know someone who has a She Wee -in fact it accompanied us around many African toilet stops - and she swears by it!

• they had the she wees at the womens urinals at the vlm last year.unless you are urinals i can't see the benefit....you still had to pull your shorts down and reveal your arse to get the shee wee to fit........

so why not just squatt

if at the beginning of a race without urinals or bushes then wear a black bin bag..put a hole in it and wear it like a skirt.then squatt down and when you pull down your shorts the black bin bag covers you like a skirt to the floor and saves your blushes

• TimeaJTimeaJ ✭✭✭

I have just visited the She Wee website as I thought this must be a late April's fool joke! I just can't stop laughing now!!

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

I'm sooo disappointed now. What's the point if you still have to get your pants down!

• my mum is very fit also, no longer runs but does things like the 3 peaks challenge and hikes 10-15 miles every sunday morning, she uses one and cant recomend them enough to people who go walking with us, i have to walk away, WAAAAY TMI from your mother,

• mikasa wrote (see)

I'm sooo disappointed now. What's the point if you still have to get your pants down!

because you can pee standing up, instead of crouching in the undergrowth and you can avoid peeing on your shoes or trouser bottoms (or is it just me that manages to do that image )

• If you are wearing shorts it is easy to just pop it up the leg or with practise I now use it with trousers with a fly. No bottom baring required image
  • booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Or.... you could be like me, i'd rather pee myself / explode then use one... No idea why but it just ain't for me. image

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Well, when you're crouching down you are also mostly out of eyesight of other people which I think is great. Plus what do you do after you used it, put in a plastic bag? Wouldn't it smell as well in the summer? I think I keep to the old fashioned way. But I guess when you get older it might be more handy.

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    Saffy Sweety Pea wrote (see)
    mikasa wrote (see)

because you can pee standing up, instead of crouching in the undergrowth and you can avoid peeing on your shoes or trouser bottoms (or is it just me that manages to do that image )

Practice. I lived and worked in Paris for two years, so have plenty of experience of going for after-work drinks only to discover (too late) that the only toilet in the bar is a hole in the ground style affair. When you can squat and wee while tipsy in high heels and not get any on your trousers, a quick wee in some bushes is easy.

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

At an out-door concert a couple of years ago they had women's urinals and provided a She-Wee (or similar) for a small sum.

It was easy to use, and way better than queuing for half an hour with all the women who wouldn't try it!

• literatin wrote (see)

Can't you just squat? Surely lady runners are likely to have the leg muscles required not to fall over.

This is what I currently do , but I would prefer not to have to bare all if there was an alternative , expecially when the weather is brutal or there are a lot of people around.

• Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭

I tried to use the lady-rinals @ VLM '10 and I just.could.not.go. My bladder refused to let go until I turned round and curtseyed slightly over the facilities.

No problem with bushes (and indeed at one race I was so desperate I just held my coat in front of me and hovered over a men's urinal)(it was abroad...)...but there must be a market for hiviz vests with a camouflage lining so you can flip it up and delete-beacon yourself when popping off on a shrubbery safari.

• If you'v got shorts on you don't need to pull them down, only aside! Just mind you dont find the nettles in the bushes!!