Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Just seen that Eurosport are covering it live
  • James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

My car broke down on the motorway this morning. Thankfully this did not happen on friday morning.

Anyone flying from Manchester on friday morning?

• Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
    Just seen that Eurosport are covering it live

I wonder if the 'Brown Daddies' will be running again...who's little girl said that last year?

• Hey Howey......stop lurking and get running man....image

• TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭
    Its only on till 10 uk time so me thinks even in my wildest dream I won't be finished by then!
  • yer_maj wrote (see)

I've found my safety pins and left myself wide open for some Tricky Dickery on facebook.  Game over for Kate. image

Yes and if I see you dawdlin' on Avenue Foch you are going to get a spanked RRRRs. That's a treat.  I mean, that's a threat - so watch out for the Official Threaders Cheerleading Group (OTCG)

http://euw-opa-thumb1-s3.ciggws.net/32c/775/179/m/318ec716d51444cf1edda518146af8d0376f3c45.jpg?Expires=1365086923&Signature=Th8MFU2KMfCrKE7vPQCSw3yYzbfavPROediptaeYeZBBybGdY5o8YpBtMlq3kqrgCHcXSp-x2uu89dENSSP26nySLTrC0hvZe93a7hnFO-u3Cz-F23gd7LOGvDRXv7q3itj~0caL9~A456Uy5i3Du8OnipU~Pyt5NT8Wd3dfiYw_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAI6Q7XM4O2UGWCGGA

• Chris FFS where are you staying for 3 nights for a weekend in Paris at 100 quid!? In the park?!
  • NCane2 - was that you racing the Ducati? That was my old form of racing too... image

((((( Big hugs 1T )))))

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

TD - just watch out for my mangled coccyx while you're spanking me, ok?

Maus - it was Neil's wee girl who said that and it still makes me chuckle. 

• Taper madness is kicking in hard. Seeing physio tonight more for my sanity and some reassurance more than anything else, Convinced I'd developped runners knee the other day. Seems perfectly fine now. Still a good massage on my legs will do no harm. Got a t-shirt from the charity I'm running for (mnda) but they didn't send the "technical" version. Do I wear on top of a base layer tank top or just stick to my own kit? Amazing how you can obsess over such little details. 

Can't wait for Sunday. Good luck everyone

Someone was asking about restaurants - well for Sunday/Monday night you can't go wrong with Relais Venise de l'Entrecote near Porte Maillot metro - only serves salad as a starter followed by the best steak-frites in Paris and some very indulgent deserts. 

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Kieren - I'd run in the gear you've used for your long runs. Never try out new items on the day, as you never know if they'll cause you problems.

• Keysersuze - yes, I have full access to the staff shop where I can buy all the goodies for next to nothing. I'd take some to Paris for you but there is no room left on my list.

And no room in my case. That reminds me. I need to buy a case.

• orbutt and Jim yes it's the total for the three nights

I'm thinking Sam Mussobini in Chariots of Fire.

• Onetit - thinking of you; keep strong.

• Simon McD - what a kind offer, thank you - I'd imagine all of the goodies are pretty heavy though!

And yes. You need to buy a case. Do they sekl them in the shop?

Ooh, need to do a playlist. Eep. 

Short run tonight, followed by a telly showing at our house, a phone call with my brother and then an early night after a restless one yesterday. Club run tomorrow (easy 5ish miles) then packing, then early night before getting the train to London at 10.30am. Woop!

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    pottermoss wrote (see)

orbutt and Jim yes it's the total for the three nights

I'm thinking Sam Mussobini in Chariots of Fire.

I think you need to be thinking more Sam Mussobini's hat, frankly love....

• Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)

NCane2 - was that you racing the Ducati? That was my old form of racing too... image

Have you been scouring my photos? I had to manually type the link as i am at work and it apparently said it was my marathon photo so i hope it was!!! If not it was only a Rossi pic i took image I do love MotoGP, anyways, i have been nightmare at work today, bought choc to calm me down. Going for a 4 miler tonight, my knee and hip are not happy. Hoping it just doesnt hurt when i run. Then may pack

Onetit - thinking of you, stay strong

• PC -PC - ✭✭✭

TD, lucky you have your flag because I would not have recognise you from your avatar.  You are a lot taller and thinner in real life but you have the same purple shirt.

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

You'll know TD by his warm embrace.

Onetit - keep strong.

Kieren - as Eggy says. Wear what you have worn before.  And wearing it over a technical top would eliminate the technical top's evaporative attributes anyway.

Packed, ready to go. Have not run since Sunday.

• Right as i have changed my flights I have decided to change my name as well. Its on the back of my shirt I'll be running in on Sunday. If you see it come over and say hello.

Should make it to the right leg of the Arc on Sunday but haven't got a green ribbon. Would be good to put some faces to the names and thank people for all their great advice thus far....

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Pottermoss - hmmm are you sure it's not a cardboard box beneath one of the bridges?

Where did you find this place?

BTW - are you adding your bib number and gold/silver/bronze predictions to our many lists?
  • ClagClag ✭✭✭
    Throat feels sore! Packed enough painkillers to open a shop!

Packing all done - almost forgot socks! Now remedied that. Think I've got everything. Seem to have a helluva lot of stuff!!!

Keep reminding myself that this is about fun - I have chosen to do this!
  • OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Run Tribal Run - but Stan Trinkett was such a good name and an anagram tooimage
  • That's it my last easy 5km done..... Is it time for a beer yet ?
  • I promised myself to drink my final can of beer that was left over from Xmas and new year holidays , I now need to decide whether to drink it now after my four mile trot or if I'll get another quick run on Friday and celebrate then ?? Decisions !!!

And once again I would like to thank everyone in this thread for sharing all the tips , pains , paranoia , photos and humour these last few months ,

It's been a great time , thank you image
  • Not long now, really excited and feeling more underprepared as time goes on. Even got tomorrow off work to get myself in order and prepared, ready to board the 0523 to London Paddington on Friday. After 16 Miles over the bank holiday weekend, I was supposed to do 3 today. But it's blowing a gale and I've got a touch of the hypochondria's in my throat, so went against it.

As is my want within this thread, I have (another!) question. It's regarding the baggage dropping off point on sunday. I've seen some dodgy things written about this. Our party has one non-running member, and I was hoping to coerce him into coming to the startline with us, so he could take our bags with him. If this was the case, how close to the starting bit could he get? Is it like the larger UK races, with a runners village that anyone can get in?

And if he decides to stay in bed, how disorganised are the baggage bits. I can cope with queuing beforehand, less so afterwards.

If anyone could set my mind at ease that would be great. Thanks a billion to everyone who's been contributing in this thread, I've been following intently. All the best for Sunday

• Orbs, PM did a very very long run recently in training so I have an idea of his b, s and g predictions. Chris I say get in green, track the 9 min pacesetter and you'll end up a happy man image
  • The Jimbob wrote (see)
    Chris FFS where are you staying for 3 nights for a weekend in Paris at 100 quid!? In the park?!

I reckon he's sharing a room with Purple Aki.

(Google it image )

£30 a night there's got to be an awful catch PM!

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Swindon Dave..Think about the numbers. Avoid the baggage drop, if you can. Of course there are queques at the end. You'll want to keep moving, not stand in line.Do you really need it? A Metro ticket will get you back to your hotel or to your pal...Wear some old stuff at the Start and chuck it away at the line. Your friend will be able to stand on the pavement right outside your pen if you have to pass him stuff...but the fences are high.You'll have to chuck it over.