Is this your 1st Marathon, no matter which one

Comments

• Hi,

Thanks sinbad113 I will have a look at one and see what I think. I was out again this morning, did a 7 mile tempo run in 1 hr 1 min so am on course for a sub 2 hr half marathon at Chester, so I'm very happy with the way things are going at the moment.
  • sinbad113sinbad113 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Good running Paulc46. No problem.

I didn't go for a run Saturday, I went and got drunk instead (my bad habit image.

I will try and get out for a walk jog 5k Mondaay.

Hope your all okay.

• sinbad, know what you mean about feeling lost without GPS. I use Endomondo on my phone (not as good as a GPS watch, but does the job) and felt like giving up when my phone battery died on a run!

I did some skiing yesterday and walking today (late winter has some advantages!), feel like my leg might be starting to get better, not too much pain. Marathon is 4 weeks today, might be too late. We'll see.

Some nice running on the thread. 2 hour half is a nice target to go for, PaulC image
  • Well done to everbody that has made it out for training image

I should have done an 8-10 miler today but decided to rest and hit April running (so to speak) and did 26.8 miles this week anyway so above (current) target.

As I'm following the HADD Base Training Plan have decided to turn off the pace screen on my Garmin and set an alarm for when my HR goes above 75% so will disregard pace during April and concentrate on keeping my HR Average below 70% (if possible).

• Hi,

Doing my 1st Marathon- The Great Welsh marathon on April 21st. Just hoping the weather is ok as runs along the coastal path.

Ran 22 miles this morning so time to taper image

• fidsfids ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, this is my first post, have been lurking in the shadows for a while.

Am running the Manchester marathon at the end of April. Got back from Northampton  about an hour ago after doing a hm at the running festival yesterday. Damn that was hard work, didn't realise it wasn't going to be flat, Doh!

• sinbad113sinbad113 ✭✭✭

hi All,

fids welcome to the thread, at least you managed it.

I was meant to do the Manchester Marathon to, but realised that I had taken too much on. I should nave done a few HM that some people do. I will try and do a full marathon next  year.

The weather has been atroushoush here in West Yorkshire storms, blizzaeds etc, it madeit impossible to train.

fids I'm sure you wwill do great in your marathon,

Rusellely glad your slowing getting back into training, I'm hopefully getting my Garmin back by Saturday, then hopefully back into training, aftter the PR.

I'm sure you will get HR back down Andi McGill.

Cymru Crawler, well done in getting 22 miles in..

I hope weather continues improve for us all.

• sinbad113sinbad113 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I just got my Manchester marathon number, I'm gutted that I'm not taking part now. But I'm listenning to what my friends have said to me.

I struggle with the booze, and my friends (giving up the booze, this has recently disappeared of screen,but is still on elsewhere somehow). That I will struggle with training and and training scheduels, as I reach the elevel of training needed. So I'm listenning to what they have advised. And concentrate on the 5k PR and 10K, and perhaps try a HM Autum time.

I'm still gutted, yet as some of have learned you have to listen to your mind and body when building upto a full marathon.

Hope your all okay?

• sinbad113 wrote (see)

Hi All,

I just got my Manchester marathon number, I'm gutted that I'm not taking part now. But I'm listenning to what my friends have said to me.

I struggle with the booze, and my friends (giving up the booze, this has recently disappeared of screen,but is still on elsewhere somehow). That I will struggle with training and and training scheduels, as I reach the elevel of training needed. So I'm listenning to what they have advised. And concentrate on the 5k PR and 10K, and perhaps try a HM Autum time.

I'm still gutted, yet as some of have learned you have to listen to your mind and body when building upto a full marathon.

Hope your all okay?

Good luck on dealing with alcohol - not easy :/

I did 50 mins on cross-trainer yesterday, no pain. Did about 2 mins on treadmill today, pain! Argh. Going to keep at the cross-trainer for the next week at least and then take a step back and see where I am.

Some nice running above I see image

• sinbad113sinbad113 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Russellelly, sounds like your starting to get back into some form of training?

Hope all okay?

• fidsfids ✭✭✭

Hi.

Thanks for your vote of confidence sinbad, hopefully the work i've put in will pay off.

I too am a bit of a boozer but have managed to find a happy medium (i think. Time will tell though). Still have the odd can a couple of times a week, which for me is very very good!

Self denial is good but it can be tortuous. you'll find your way i'm sure.

• My 1st marathon is on the 3rd November - anyone guess which one?

• sinbad113sinbad113 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

David Guitteridge Whuah one Welcone

Hope all go ellfor youfids.

Go for it all, thosewhose mrathons due

Hope all goeywell?

• Hi David G and welcome image Going by the general theme in this thread I'd say Manchester?

Am having a good week mile wise and hope to break the 30 mile mark by Sunday. I've already done my fastest 10k (67:13) and 1 mile (07:46) and plan on running further than my previous best of 10.3 miles at the weekend image Times are not particuarly fast by other peoples standards but am still restricting my WHR average to

• fidsfids ✭✭✭

Hello David G, would that be the New York marathon?

Andi M, well done keep at it, times are all relative anyhow. Have got a 20 miler on Sunday then tapering.

Not long got back from doing a bit of tempo running, it felt really easy, am putting that down to the HM i did on sunday. It feels good when things are obviously improving, gives you that bit more drive and self confidence.

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭
    Good luck everyone I did my 1st last October and just wanted to give you some encouragement.

It is awesome when you cross the line, it's so cool being able to say to yourself hey I'm a marathon runner. No-one can ever take that away from you image

Got my 2nd coming up in May. Better watch out it's quite addictive image
  • sinbad113sinbad113 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Andi McGill good running, keep at it times will improve when you least expect it. Fids good work with the tempo.

I went out again for a few beers yesterday. I'm hoping a for a start day for training again Monday, all these storms and blizzards have really put me well behind with my schedule.

On the plus side I have my first PR as a voolunteer on Saturday, I'm hoping this will kick start my own training again.

On the negative side, I'm will be be out Saturday, after the PR run, as its the Grand national, Its the only race I have a bet on.

Another plus, I have my Garmmin back wo ho, they couldn't fix the strap, so they have sent me a brand new one, so I will be out again on Monday no matter what.

I'm mega chuffed for those who have thier marathons coming up soon, but annoyed with myself about letting my own marathon training stop. On top of the weather, I had that virus, I was being sick every  5 mins, then I had the flu. I'm determined to run a marathon though, but I'm not picking one yet. I got up to 15 miles, I was so close, that I don't want to  put myself under pressure again.

Hope everyone is okay?

• Hi All,

I have 21 miles in 3 runs under my belt so far this week so training is going well. I have treat myself to a new Garmin watch so I will be out later to test it.

Happy Running All.
  • sinbad113sinbad113 ✭✭✭

Hi All,e

Which one did you buy Paulc46?

I got my Garmin back yesterday, not old one, but they couldn't repair it so they sent a new one.

I managed to get out for my first 5k walk  today, it took 54 minutes, but its  a start.

Well done in the getting the distance in Paulc46

• Hi Sinbad113,

I got the forerunner 110 nice looking watch, going out later to try it. A walk is as good as anything you will soon get going again, keep at it.
  • sinbad113sinbad113 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Good let us know how you get on with it image.

Yes it was only 8 minutes of my old 45 minues for 5k. I know that seems slow, but I don't think people realise just how hilly it is where I live.

Believe me I intend to.

Enjoy your run.

I was going to have a few beers and watch the Grand National in the pub. I hope I don't now though. I'm going to my boat on Wednesday, and I'm picking up my new outboard engine, I'm moving my boat moorings, and belive me, itwill take me all day to do that, and run inbetween days.

Hope everyone is okay?

• Hi All,

I used the Garmin and it did well I'm well impressed with it. I did 8.5 miles in 1hr 10mins so I'm very happy with the way things are going, bring on Chester half lol.
  • sinbad113sinbad113 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm glad it went well with Garminn. And full of high spirits its good to see.

When is the Chester HM Paul? Hope okay to use your first name?

• Hi Sinbad113,

Yeah your welcome to use my first name, Chester half is May 12th not too long now.
  • sinbad113sinbad113 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have done a 15 mile run, but I have to admit I found it a struggle. Its so easy to get caught up with everyone elses marathons HM etc, that you can overstretch yourself.

You never know Paul Chester is quite flat so you may get a PB?

• Hi,

Yeah I'm going for a sub 2hr I did 2hrs 2mins at Silverstone HM last month so I hope to get better than that.
  • sinbad113sinbad113 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Wow I'm impressed. I'm sure you will get somewhere close or even surpass your goal.

I hoping to just do a 5k jog walk Sunday, I'm just trying to take one run at a time

• Hi All,

I did some cross training this morning, a 15 mile bike ride with one long hill in it, it was a good work out.
  • Managed a few miles on Friday. Could feel a tiny niggle, but jsut felt brilliant to be running.

Today was, in theory, final LSR day. I'm sitting in my running gear contemplating what to do - go for 5-10k easy, or do something longer. Impossible to know what's the right thing to do, don't want to be underprepared and don't want to risk my injury coming back. Think I'll have to go out (with a bus ticket in my pocket!) and see how it goes.

Got a few friends running Paris today, watching their progress online is quite addictive!

• sinbad113sinbad113 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Paul good going.

Russellelly, its good  your thinking about going with a money for the bus, hope it goes well for you training wise for today, let us know what and how you deciided on what to do.

I ummed and arred about going out today, but I hae decided to leave it till Monday.

I have made an offer on a live aboard boat.I have offored £1,200 on their asking price of £1,600.

I explained I would pay in  3 installments. The price and how I would pay is the crunch point. But if you Don't ask you don't find out. I also asked about mooring fees where she is lying in Southampton.

Running at 9am Monday a gentle 5k