Support Group 1 - Mudchute 2013

The list below contains the name and details of all supporters/runners who are in this support group. 

Supporters
SuperCaz
XFR Bear
katb
Tommygun

Runners
Cake
Happychap
Chicken 123
Alki & Mr Alki
Holymoly
Literatin
millsy1977
Night Nurse
Pottermiss
Prawnie & Mr Prawnie

The supporters need to know:

Forum name
Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum)
Race number
Estimated time to mile 17
What you'll be wearing
Any special needs*

*Special Needs - All reasonable requests will be catered for i.e. SIS/High 5 gel, banana, Jelly Babies, boiled sweets etc, even lager & Guiness have been requested before. To be sure we have what you need or for more obscure requests please leave items at the Runners World stand at the registration Expo. Supporters will be collecting them Thursday, Friday & Saturday. Items should be marked with: name, race number & support group number.

Location of Support area

With approx 40,000 runners it is almost impossible to pick out individuals as they pass, therefore its important you know where to spot us.

The support area is on the right hand side of the road at the pelican crossing by mudchute DLR station. There is a water station immediately after the 17 mile point, pelican crossing is immediately after the water station. I will post a close of google map/google earth image of the area with exact location shortly.

Supporters will be standing in sequential group order along the course. The area will be festooned with blue and yellow balloons so should be easy to spot, when you get to us, look out for the support group numbers and go over to your respective group.

Please use this thread to ask any questions and look out for further information which will be posted up until the race. 

Good luck everyone..

Comments

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

*Jumps fence*

We'll make it official laterimage

I won't need anything other than a shout and a wave so I hope nobody minds image

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Hello! Getting properly excited now. Probably won't need anything specific except an extra big cheer and perhaps a photo if you can manage it (massive narcissist, but not quite massive enough to buy the official race photos). It's my first marathon and I signed up for this before doing most of my training so didn't know whether I'd need anything or not, but the extra support will be very welcome!

Forum name: Literatin
    Name: Katie
    Race number: 283
    Estimated time to mile 17: 12.03-12.08
    What you'll be wearing: an unflattering white club vest with two blue hoops on the chest.
    Any special needs: will probably drop a spare gel off at the expo so as not to have to carry too many, but don't panic if you don't get to give it to me.

• Hi thanks for all the effort put into organising this, 

I will be going to the Expo on Thursday and will drop of a couple of gels and donation.

Forum Name ..Night Nurse

Name...Julie

Race Number 7183

Estimated time to mile 17: 12.20-12.25

What you'll be wearing: Yellow SOUTHWEST ROADRUNNERS club vest

Any special needs: I will drop an exra gel off at the expo, looking forward to a big cheer..image

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Hi guys!  Really looking forward to being able to give back to the Mudchute group again this year

Bear and Tommygun I already know, but Kat, I don't think I've come across you before.  I look forward to meeting you on the day.

If it is ok with the other supporters I will set up a shreadsheet of everyone's details to get us started.

Welcome to the runners too.  There are a few familiar faces there but also a good selection of new people.  We are here to make your big day something special, so please let us know what we can do for you

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Mr P, it will be great to see you.  I've added you to my list and you better stop for a quick hug!

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Welcome literatin and Night Nurse.  Looks like we have some speedy runners this year.  You might even get to see us soberimage

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

You mean you can't get p*ssed in over 2 hours? How disappointing.

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I'll try my best image

Last year I had to leave at 6am to get there in time.  I think the first thing I drank all day was the cup of coffee after we had got everything else set up, then we started on the wine.  I don't think I ate anything all day except maybe some cake and a couple of jelly babies

• Hello all

Missed all the fun last year as I was running the thing, wont be making that mistake againimage

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Yeah, have to say I'm slightly rethinking my 'gruelling 26.2 mile run' choice when the other option was 'cake and wine all day'.

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Not ALL day literatin.  I think I moved onto cider when we got to the pub afterwardsimage

• I'll be stopping for a sweaty hug SuperCaz (even though I'm not in this group) image

Who is likely to get there first, me or Cake?? (probably Cake).

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I suspect that you will Vixx.  Rumour has it that Cake has been slacking on training and spending his time... er... eating cake.  That doesn't sounds quite right somehow image

• We weren't too far from each other at Manchester last year, so it could be there or thereabouts image He'll possibly still get there before me image

• Is anyone here going to be at the Expo on Thursday ?

• Sorry to say that I will not be able to make it to London this yearimage  Its my mothers 70th Birthday and we have arranged a big family lunch for her down in Dorsetimage.......for some reason I had it in my mind that it was on the 28th but have just realised its on the same day

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Oh Tommy!  I was really looking forward to seeing you again.  So so disappointed image

• First time in 5 years I'll not be there .......doh

Oh well see everyone at the Giants Head marathon in June
  • Hi, this is my first marathon so I may be well out on the time, I have no idea if you get boxed in at the start.

Chicken123

Alix

Estimate 3 hrs, 1o clock (ish)

Wearing white vest with name and 'primrose hospice' on

Any support appreciated

Thanks
  • SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Welcome Chicken! Times don't need to be that accurate.  We just need to know what order to expect people in so that we have everything ready for you.  You will get held up at the start.  Blue start takes up to about 15-20 min to cross the start line.  Red start can take up to 40 min.

• StiltsStilts ✭✭✭
    Hi all, thanks for squeezing me into your group image)

Forum name: Stilts

Number: 9069

Estimated time @ mile 17: 1st marathon so god knows but the pace chart suggests 13.14?

I'm running for Macmillan so will be wearing green Macmillan vest and grey baseball type hat, the rest depends on the weather.

I'm planning to go to the Expo on Thursday, will prob leave a comfort blanket there disguised as a couple of gels and some malt loaf or similar, but really just looking for some tlc from some fellow runners

With grateful thanks

Kate
  • SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Thanks Stilts.

It is a big help to us to find you on the day if you can post a picture of you in the kit that you intend to run in.  If you are too shy to post photos then you can PM them to me, or I can give you my email address.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/540064_10150668570995806_757380351_n.jpg

This is us last year(me on the left).  If the weather is warm enough I will be wearing the same kit again.  I will make a big effort to hunt out the yellow pom poms again

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

I look horrible in my club vest. I have complained about the colours, but they just said 'you're not still going on about that vest are you?'. However, I will see what I can do. image

• StiltsStilts ✭✭✭
    Literatin I will leave some custard creams for you at Mudchute to take your mind off your horrible vest x
  • Can I suggest you label stuff with a large RW as well please, last year we ended up with some Fetch stuff as they make a drop off at the expo too image

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Oh well, still can't upload pictures so even though I now have a beautiful self-taken photo of myself in the horrible vest, you can't see it until RW fix the forums. Or until April 21st at a few minutes after 12, whichever happens first.

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭
    I've tried to run in my secret Santa mundane t shirt but it's a bit tight on the neck so I will be in either a vest version of it or in my club vest. And I might have a bakers white trilby on too.

As it starts at ten this year I wil be there at about 12:15 - 12:25
  • literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

sorry, mysterious blank post was just me trying to paste in picture from external site but that didn't work properly either. You'll just have to imagine it. Look out for someone who is devastatingly attractive but wearing a nasty white vest.

• HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Woohoo, not long to go now image

Looking forward to the hugs already