What really offends you?

2»

Comments

• Jokes, offensive remarks or behaviour about or to disabled people.

I don't like it when people use the f bomb in front of their kids.

Bullies i can't abide.

Neo-nazis need a kick in the balls.

Most politicians offend me. Mainly because they are as clueless as the rest of us about how to run a post-industrial democracy but seem incapable of ever acknowledging the fact that they are making it up as they go along.

Most TV chefs. Particularly the ones who use liquid nitrogen in the kitchen, or lecture us all on how we are bad people because we refuse to pay 15 quid for an organic free range chicken. Not all of us are millionaires, you tossers!

And Comic Relief. Multi millionaires guilt-tripping people who earn hundreds of times less than them into giving up their hard-earned and much-needed dosh. Flaming hypocrites and whited sepulchres the lot of em.

Basically I am against most things. Whatever they are.
  • Noun 1. whited sepulchre - a person who is inwardly evil but outwardly professes to be virtuous

whited sepulcher

dissembler, dissimulator, hypocrite, phoney, phony, pretender - a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he or she does not hold in order to conceal his or her real feelings or motives
  • Are many people confusing being annoyed with being offended? I get annoyed about all sorts but I'm rarely offended.

• I didn't see the pic that was posted but I gather it was a flaccid penis.

I'd be very offended if I was confronted by a flaccid one.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    Johnny Blaze wrote (see)
    And Comic Relief. Multi millionaires guilt-tripping people who earn hundreds of times less than them into giving up their hard-earned and much-needed dosh. Flaming hypocrites and whited sepulchres the lot of em.

That's just bizarre. They use their status and appeal which helps bring in lots more money then them just giving say 100k of their own money.
    People are obsessed by celebrity, so getting a "face" in, is highly influential in the pursuit of funds.
    Surely a much greater reason to be offended, is by the percentage of charity donations that actually find its way to the charity.
  • Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

RW not bothering to fix any of the many bugs on this website is offensive too. grrr

• Miffi wrote (see)

I didn't see the pic that was posted but I gather it was a flaccid penis.

Yeah, me too image

• Screamapillar wrote (see)
    Miffi wrote (see)

Yeah, me too image

I wouldn't.

• roebyroeby ✭✭✭

I find swearing using the C word offensive.The amount of money some premier league football players earn is offensive .Celebrities like Katie Price are offensive in the way they sell their lives for money.Narrow minded people., and people who wear mp3,s during a race and won,t move out of the way for faster runnersimage

• Miffi wrote (see)

As I recall, it was hard to tell given the rather ugly forensic close-up of, er, shall we say, the helmet area.

• Stevie G . wrote (see)
    Johnny Blaze wrote (see)

That's just bizarre. They use their status and appeal which helps bring in lots more money then them just giving say 100k of their own money.
    People are obsessed by celebrity, so getting a "face" in, is highly influential in the pursuit of funds.
    Surely a much greater reason to be offended, is by the percentage of charity donations that actually find its way to the charity.

That depends what you mean by 'find its way to the charity'. If you mean, do third parties get their hands on some of the money, then yes it's not good that, for example, chugging companies cream off a part of the donations their street troopers manage to squeeze out of people; or, worse, that very large parts of the amount you pay when you donate by sms don't actually go the charity. You might, of course, also be referring to the old chestnut of 'overheads' or 'administration' - charities really can't avoid overheads and admin, because they have to work in the real world of office or shop rental, paying taxes, paying staff, paying bills, travel etc etc. Some pare down these costs better than others, and yes there is a question mark over the large amounts that some executives get paid at the small minority of very big charities (and you'd be surprised at some of the organisations that, due to quirks of charity history, have charitable status - http://www.thirdsector.co.uk/news/1174882/Analysis-Senior-pay---fair-price-good-leadership/?DCMP=ILC-SEARCH) - but the overwhelming majority of charities are small things run by hardpressed and underpaid people. Sorry to rant, I guess I get offended by some of the myths about charities that get peddled (though I'm not saying you did).

• It looked like a sausage on a chopping board to me image

• Screamapillar wrote (see)

It looked like a sausage on a chopping board to me image

Remind me not to have sausages at your house.

• I'm having sausages for dinner tonight actually Peter image

• At the risk of getting cross-threaded and personal, will you be serving them with camel's toe?

• Gymspeak - I aint your 'buddy' and putting 'Super' in front of anything dont make it harder..

• People who whine on about how much money charities spend on staff, marketing, etc. don't understand why charities spend money on staff, marketing, etc.

• Snap!Snap! ✭✭✭

24 hour news. Imagine their glee when North Korea decide to deliver a bomb to the UK. Seriously, I heard an interviewer on Sky News badgering Cameron to answer the question 'Will you use nuclear weapons (sic) on North Korea'.

I mean FFS, 24 hour news is the scourge of this earth, and it offends me constantly.

• Intermanaut - I understand it. but it does make it more difficult for them to justify me giving them a fiver. or to be harrassed by one of their employees.

• @the dude abides - you're talking about chuggers, right?  They're a PITA, and should be beaten.

This makes interesting viewing: Dan Pallotta: The way we think about charity is dead wrong via TED.com

• Dude - and then go and read 'Lords of Poverty: the Power, Prestige and Corruption of the international aid business' or 'The trouble with Africa' - just for that balanced view, because that Dan bloke scared me image

• RedjeepRedjeep ✭✭✭
    Not sure if offended is the right word, but the people who, instead of helping the person next to them in the Boston Marathon who's just been horrifically injured, decide to get out their phone to video it and post it on YouTube. Scum. I'm actually offended that you call yourself a human being, and worst still, a runner.

And yeah, anybody who goes searching through YT for videos of same.
  • People who use the wrong knife at dinner time. Heathens! image

• JeremyGJeremyG ✭✭✭
    Redjeep! wrote (see)

And yeah, anybody who goes searching through YT for videos of same.

So how did you know they were there? image
    Just kidding, you are right but it's a sad fact of life that a lot of people these days only experience life through the screen of a smart phone.
    Question: when the inevitable jokes start circulating (I can imagine one or two) would we as runners be offended?
    Seems after every disaster some (sick?) jokes pop up, is humour societies way of coping?

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭
    What offends me?

Cowards that blow up innocent people out enjoying themselves.
  • I really hate it if someone spills coffee granules in my cup if i'm not using it for coffee!