Thursday 4th April 2013

Morning.

Lyrics - Livin' my life in a slow hell

There's an error on the 'updated' site Wabo - same as with the spell check. You need to upload to a photo hosting site and link to the url through the tree symbol (at least I think that's what the technologically competent amongst us said).

What:                probably a swim/sauna/steam
Why:                 the sensible head is wrestling for control
Last hard:          not running more
Last rest:           31/1

Yesterday's lyrics were Idiot Child by Madness.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    LmH - you listen to that sensible head!
    What - club run, its timed handicap tonight but I don't think I'll be breaking any records
    Why - QoP almost reduced me to tears. Sciatic (sp.?) issue so elbows in bottom & thigh, bliddy hurt a lot. So told to take it easy for a few days, and sit on a hockey ball, fortunately have a few of those round the house.
    last rest - Thursday
    last hard - yesterday hurt, run wise, Tuesday

lyric - not sure

• Morning

What:45mins off road

Why: Something a wee bit different. Got a bit of time to do it at the moment

Stray: Posted an earlier daily thread start over in General.

LMH: Just be sensible. Defo a 'No' to a race, any race at the momentimage

Lyrics: Mmm not sure.

Coffee calling

• What: JS group if work quiet
    Why: it's Thursday
    Last Hard: ?
    Last rest: Sunday
    Lyrics: as usual, no

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning.

Dustin owwwww.  Hope it gets better soon!
    LMH sensible head is probably right...

What: maybe a short walk around some nature reserves
    Why: I am in agony after yesterday!  Wrist (that I fell on 3 months ago) has swollen up again and right hip is very sore!
    Last hard: being brave enough to climb up that mountain
    Lyrics: nope (but LMH is this how you're feeling?!)

Have a good day all.

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

What: First run post USA trip
    Why: VLM creeping up
    Last Hard: Lexington half on Saturday
    Last Rest: Tuesday
    Hi y'all....back from deep south and redneck/biblebelt country. Great trip with 2 halves, dallas and Lexington, with a new post diagnoses pb of 2.04.15 inside 80% MHRimage so looking okay for London. Lots to catch up on. Best wishes to all esp those with injury/condition/illness events. Good to be back in the warmth, yes the warmth and in a much mre +ve frame of mind. Will do catch up later today

• Dustin - I don't like that S word - be careful.

LMH - hows the body

Birks - Jesus - a change!!

Here  - 4 k swim in record time followed by strength. 5 or 6 miles run later

It's beginning to look a lot like training!!!

• It is a bit emzap - and I've already used 'Never Ending Story' LOL. Sorry to hear about your wrist and hip - get yourself a support (don't suppose you took yours on holiday).

Paddy - go on, make me even more jealous - what's your new 4k swim PB? As for me, well the RHR asn't further elevated after yesterday's run so that's better than it may have been. Sensible head was delayed on the way to the gym so I did 30 mins on the treadie including 4 x 3 minutes at 13.5kph, not exactly where I was but a glimpse of it. Once sensible head arrived I just swam for 2k image

Good to have you back and in a positive frame of mind SC!

Dustin - hope it comes to nothing.

Consistent consistency is the key Pammie - you'll get there.

• A'noon

Paddy: So did you do a double take with me running 45mins off road.image Well am currently unemployed so can run a wee bit later and a bit longer.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Glad you managed an enjoyable run yesterday, LMH.

welcome back, straycelt

Dustin: eeeek - I remember my KoP in London doing that image. Due to lack of funds I had to stop massages image and am using the poor girl's version of foam roaller and an evil spiky ball (invention of the devil, no doubt image)

emzap: hike sounds great

Pammie: good to have you back

what: 6.5 easy miles
    why: my legs wouldn't turn
    last hard: Monday
    last rest: Tuesday
    lyrics: no

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

4 miles for me today, really slow including some walking!  Meant to be 7 miles at pace but had nothing in the legs whatsoever so just took it easy, with a 20 in mind for this Sunday.

Lyrics - nope, I thought I did, but then realised I didnt! 

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Dustin - ouch - hopes it gets sorted soon

12.25m here on a nice steady run apart from the wind, cold and snow....

Take care

• LMH - 70:15............  hopefully below 70 isnt far away.

Managed 7 miles this evening. After 8 yesterday and this mornings swim it was a lazy run. Must start working on running speed. Ironically running is my weakest link at the moment.

Don - those days happen. the 20 will be all the better for it.

• Evening all

What 8 commute
    Why cutting down on miles for taper
    Lyrics No

Remember to keep your head LMH

Probably same again tomorow as bike is still at work.

• 6.4 miles done with JS group on a very pleasant evening. image

• Just one bad one donaldo - you'll be fine for your 20.

Wowzer Paddy - you're fast!

I'll try postie.

You're doing well running whilst on nights RFJ.

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Took this photo about 40 minutes ago.  It is indeed a pleasant evening.

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu336/donaldshaw/IMG_2531_zps9a12c745.jpg

• Evening

Found this below an interesting read

http://acceptableintheighties.wordpress.com/

donaldo: Nice picture

• LMH - thats ok but I have to get over my abject failure as soon as i get in open water. I'm hoping the planned OW swims from late April will solve this. Some people tell be that you can swim faster in the sea in a wetsuit - that remains to be seen!! Delighted with the process though. Interesting thing is that two yougsters have started training in the pool in the mornings (one is only 13/14, the other 17) These fly past me with ease and grace - one is a national champ in his age group and the other not far behind. Oh and they must cover at least 6k in their sessions - they deffo do more ethan me!!. Trying to keep up with them has helped!

• Fast Paddy,
    Postie talking about taper is making me panic. I might have to start training soon.
    Dustin, let me get this riaght, you paid for this pain?

Donaldo: Amazing photo!

Birks: who's blog is that? Mike somebody.

LMH? Lyics YES!!!!!!!!! I knew that I knew them, but it took me ages to actually twig, with two wrong leads.

Ear issues: I did manage a full day at work, although as deaf as a post on one side. At least the pain was subdued. The flip side is that if I move suddenly I rattle due to all the pills I'm popping. I had to get my daughter to check that I'd got up this morning, just in case I missed the alarm clock. Fortunately I was awake ready. Still no training yet.

Keep up the good work.

• Blisters: No idea whose blog it is mate.

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

Donaldo: Great pic
    The eighties: Obviously when I peaked. Will now be running VLM with my Olympic Torch (Slowly). Re-frame, make the best of what you've got and game on. GFA impossible but Good Flippin Alternative desirable. We all want to run and sometimes we are told what and how we can choose the manner of that outing. C'est la vie et ce'est meilleur que la mort, j'espere. Enough pretentious twaddle and thanks for being here when I really needed.