DIY Isotonics

Snap!Snap! ✭✭✭

read this today, and wondered if anyone esle has any DIY tips:

'Do-it-yourself energy and fluid replacers are cheaper than manufactured ones and equally as effective, say the experts. Mix one part water with one part fresh orange juice and a small pinch of salt (you should not taste the salt) for an isotonic drink. 'Orange juice also helps replace the potassium lost in sweat,' says sports dietician Louise Beaver.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3806/The-best-sports-drinks.html#ixzz2PUcFiuY5 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Comments

• That's a good tip! I usually DIY sports drinks because I don't like Lucozade/Powerade etc drinks, especially when running. I find them too sweet, sickly and sticky image 

I use 1/3 OJ to 2/3 water, with a High 5 hydration tab (citrus ones) dissolved in it.

I don't DIY the salt content because I generally like things really salty and I'd probably get the quantity wrong and poison myself image I bought a load of High 5 tabs really cheap from one of the voucher websites, so I'm set for ages image

• Snap!Snap! ✭✭✭
    I've seen those, are they the same as those Nuum thingies?
  • I like lemon and honey with a pinch of salt.

Followed by a peanut butter and jam sandwich, although a sausage buttie goes down a treat after a race.