Beginners shoe choice - advice /guidance sought

Hello, my wife has just started to get into running and is very conscious of choosing the right shoe as she has weak knees but wants to keep fit by running. Our long term goal is to run together regularly. I've been a plodder for years, not competitive, mainly for fitness and swear by my mizuno wave creation 5s after Nike air were giving me shin splints. Start fitness in Newcastle were really good when fitting my original shoes with a treadmill and impartial advice given with no big sell. I've also heard the sweat shop in the metro centre mentioned. Does anyone have any advice on what shop / shoes would be beneficial? Cheers, Chris.

Comments

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Hi Chris, sorry cannot advise on which shop to go to but I think your wife should def go to a running shoe shop and try a few on., and take her time to find the perfect shoe for her and only buy the one she is 100% happy with. If start fitness helped you to find the right shoe maybe start there to find the right one for your wife? I had sore knees with my mizunos so I swapped to brooks glycerine and so far no knee trouble.
  • Thanks jindalee. I've just done a list and mizuno, asics, brooks and saucony seem safe bets.

Chris
  • JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good list Chris. When I bought the brooks I was also tempted by some asics but in the end went with brooks as the asics felt a bit tight for me. Hope you wife finds the perfect shoe and enjoys her running. Jindalee