2013 Marathon Thread

Comments

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Stewart nice recovery...hope that's the end of the bug

OH glad you got out today

Jason nice running, great splits

Kaz YAAAAAAY. Well done imageimage a PB despite all the training interruptionsimage

• StewartCStewartC ✭✭✭

Well done Kaz image

• Official result 3:59:19!!! And a negative split- half way 2:01:04!!!!

One very happy lass!!!

Thanks Tek.
  • Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

kaz you are a star, appendicitis not so long ago and you still go smash your PB! imageimage

jason, a quality last long run!

Nice 2nd last long run Teknik...not long!

Stewart great that you are back to it. These germs really take it out of you, I was a bit wobbly before both runs today but once the legs got going I managed to keep running.

Shorts and t-shirt OH! image I had gloves and jacket on in the garage!!

F

• Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Wow kaz, cross post. A true professional with a negative split. Hope you and the girls have a fantastic time in Paris celebrating!! image

F

• Kaz - Well done, great runningimage

Jason - Nice long run

Tek - Great pace on the 20.

Stewart - good to see your back at it.

OH - Sounds a good wee run today.

Mace - Nice 12 today

Fiona - Nice couple of runs today

NP - Impressive time for a relaxed HMimage

------------

Yesterdays rest seems to have done the world of good. Feel a lot better today, still nowhere near 100% but getting there. So, another rest day today and I'll hopefully run Tuesday and Thursday

• jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Kaz- top job! Go celebrate! imageimage

NP- nice jogging and chatting image
  • StewartCStewartC ✭✭✭

Kaz, congrats again you must be delighted with a negative split

Fiona, it's winter out there again, hat gloves baselayer and gillet for me, I didn't want to push it too much today so I kept it really easy

SM6, you're doing the right thing resting up I'm sure you'll be fighting fit on the start line next Sunday.

• No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭

Mace nice running and 7:30 pace is well on for you. Fiona is right come and join us for tea and buns i will mail you the details soon.image

Fiona great to see you back how is the bum and hip? Your HR looks good as did your pace for your second run.

OH well done in the snow, blue sky and sun here but still cold but little to no wind so perfect for running in.

Kaz well done on the PB thats a nice neg splitimageimageimage

Teknik great 20 mile run in the bank HR is flat so everything looking good and only one more to go.image

SC nice to see your feeling a lot better mateimage

SM6 lets hope thats you back as wellimage

Jason nice solid 17 miles in the bank for you with the weight loss and the running you have put in I still think a massive PB is on for you.

Ok results in 27th overall but not a massive field als a lot of people just getting round and using it as a MP run for London or Belfast which is in May. Chip time 1:27:32 now the bulk of this was done at 6:30 to 6:35 pace, that would be around 2:52 but if I push 6:25 to 6:30 that would be 2:48 but I think I would be pushed to keep that goingimage so not 100% sure.

• jason djason d ✭✭✭
    NP- don't forget that you are likely to slow a little - start at 6.25 and see how it goes image You know it makes sense image Thanks for the vote of confidence- things are indeed looking better image
  • No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭

After a two year wait to run again in London after the massive blow of the stress fracture the week before last year I dont want to over cook it at the start but with the taper it should give me a little more so 6:25 to 6:30 may be onimageimage......

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Kaz,

Great result well done.

-------------

No press ups or running from me today as I've been feeling crap with a cold which started to come out yesterday & hit me full force today.  Quite annoying really as it's been the kind of day when I'd love to get out for a run.

• jason djason d ✭✭✭
    82.97m for the week image
  • Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Stuart great to hear you are feeling better.

NP all the bits are fine thanks! image You are well on for a sub 2:50 (touches wood etc). You have trained hard and know how to push yourself! image I think going out at target pace will be my tactic! image I just have to see how this week goes to decide what that is...

Shame about the cold HM4. I hope you make a speedy recovery.

F

• Tek well done on the 20

OH sounds nice but still cold with you, 9 degrees down here today

Fiona good to hear your back running again

Jason super run again

NP well done , your pace is very impressive to say the least

Mace good pace and running well done

SM6 nice to see your running again

Stewart C hope you are feeling better and back out at it

Rest day for me, not long now
  • No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    Rest day for me today going to wallpaper at my sons house so no swim either today. Legs feeling good after the weekend image
  • Morning..
    just had read back not posted for a couple of days..
    NP well done on that half marathon time and at MP most people would be happy with a sub 1.30 half at HM race pace and I think you hit the nail on the head .I have been doing all my running in the very light saucony Kinvaras lately after years of running
    in the asics 20-21 series, I changed after a conversation about trying a lighter shoe, it may have nothing to do with that but I shall be changing back to the asics and saving the kinvaras for racing only. I have messaged Fiona re meeting up with you both on the 20th, I hope the later time suits you,,

TEK I saw you logged a brilliant 20 miler on Fetch well done nice steady HR too

JASON well done on the weight loss incredible in just a few days you have more will power than me..bugger just seen your other post about leaving out oats, just downed a bowl of porridgeimage I wake up SO hungry and find cereal , usually porridge is the only thing that stops me passing out with starvation by mid morning ....fantastic 17 miler 

STEWART I hope you are better get back to it gradually

FIONA  happy for you that you are up and running again, looking forward to meeting you on the 20th take care

MACE lovely HR for that 8.30 pace are you getting nervous now ? and hope you can meet up with us on the 20th

OH shorts? ...bbbbrrrrrrrrr nice run, but still in tights myself
    KAZ wow brilliant neg split for that  sub 4 well done indeed Paris is a nice course isnt it ?

more spinning for me later, still got niggle but not as bad, so not given up hope yet..image

• jason djason d ✭✭✭
    NN- I always woke up hungry too- until I cut the grains. Still feel hungry at times, but not the peaks and troughs and ravenous hunger that got on carbs. Smoked salmon and rocket for brekkie here today image Sure that your niggle will be fine

Only 1 run for me today image so saving it for later image
  • Back to tights and multilateral tops today methinks - a significant fall of snow overnight that painted the landscape white.
  • HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Fiona,

Thanks.

--------

Well done guys.

• Spinning class done love it a great workout and no problem with ankle while doing it, but still cant run without it niggling so decided to see private fizz later for proper diagnosis at least then I can make an informed decision about next week rather than just hoping it will get better !! 

• NN/Fiona - Good luck with the niggles - hope they clear up. The enforced taper will have you nice and fresh for raceday !!

Tek - well done with the 5K PB. image I dont know why you do not do a few more. you have plenty of endurance - as per you 20 miler at the weekend. Speed at the fast end will transfercome marathon day image

Good to hear all the race plans for the big spring marathons. keep the faith and the good training going.

I spent the weekend at the beach....cue photo's image

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/submitted_images/39328_61053.jpg

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/submitted_images/39328_62896.jpg

• Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Blimey, I think I'll have some of whatever Lulu's having! She is one bouncy doggie!!image Love the photos AGF.

NN good to hear that the ankle is ok when spinning and hope you get an appt at the physio.

Good luck with the wallpapering NP!

I think I'll treat myself to new shoes after VLM. image Got to have something to look forward to, will also decide if I'm doing an autumn marathon or if I'll concentrate on getting the times of shorter distances down.

Bought more protein foods today and will try to cut back the carbs. Another days hols here (had Friday off too, just as well with being unwell!) Still not great but don't feel  image after I eat so it's progress. The plan says rest but I'll do an easy run since I've done nothing for days.

I wonder if cocoa beans are a grain....?

It's hail here now, typical!

F

• 18 miles done in sun hail and snow, the latter 2 being a a bit more than a passing flurry! No shorts today! The first of the real regular Monday off

Hope ankle settles soon NN

... and the tummy FionaC

Love the photos AGF

What's the rationale behind low carbohydrate no grain diets?
  • jason djason d ✭✭✭

Fiona- cocoa beans are beansimage

AGF- Great photosimage

OH- Nice running in the snowimage

6.4m recovery run here today- and that's itimageimage

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Stewart nice recovery yesterday. Hope you've shaken that lurgy.

Stuart glad the rest seems to be working

NP hope you enjoyed the wallpaper dayimage

HM poor you - another lurgy victim!

MG hope you enjoyed the rest

NN sorry to hear the ankle is still an issue - hopefully the fizz will sort it out

AGF I've got one more short race booked before MK. Great piccies of Luluimage

Fiona glad you're felling a bit better

OH well done on the 18 miler. Snow again!image

Jason great total last week, and well done on the recovery run today

---

Just a 3m recovery joglet for me.  A tropical 7C here in sunny Essex.

• 8 miles tonight. That's two days running. It seems my injuries are declining and my mojo is coming back. They are related probablyimage

A 10k on 8th may to look forward too image
  • Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

I guess that answers my question about chickpeas then jason! imageimage

Anyway I can't stay away from bread image - 3 slices today as toast/marmalade for breakfast, toast/almond butter for lunch and a sandwich with red salmon for evening meal. Just eating what I feel like today since I want to eat now!

Well done OH, 18 miles in those conditions is not easy!

Nice to see you getting back to it AGF.

Nice weather there Telnik, about time it warmed up. Still hail showers here.

5 miles for me. Right hamstring etc still really tight but off to stretch and roll again as that has to be the answer.

F