Support Group 5 - Mudchute 2013

The list below contains the name and details of all supporters/runners who are in this support group. 

Supporters
Sister Bad Habit/KWeb
VikW
JohnClose3
Mrs Warkie

Runners
mattoo
Loon
Warkie
RosemaryClose4
Straycelt
Ultra Kazzaaaaah!
USB
Nykie
Slim fast
Two Stroke Tart
Eckytump

The supporters need to know:

Forum name
Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum)
Race number
Estimated time to mile 17
What you'll be wearing
Any special needs*

*Special Needs - All reasonable requests will be catered for i.e. SIS/High 5 gel, banana, Jelly Babies, boiled sweets etc, even lager & Guiness have been requested before. To be sure we have what you need or for more obscure requests please leave items at the Runners World stand at the registration Expo. Supporters will be collecting them Thursday, Friday & Saturday. Items should be marked with: name, race number & support group number.

Location of Support area

With approx 40,000 runners it is almost impossible to pick out individuals as they pass, therefore its important you know where to spot us.

The support area is on the right hand side of the road at the pelican crossing by mudchute DLR station. There is a water station immediately after the 17 mile point, pelican crossing is immediately after the water station. I will post a close of google map/google earth image of the area with exact location shortly.

Supporters will be standing in sequential group order along the course. The area will be festooned with blue and yellow balloons so should be easy to spot, when you get to us, look out for the support group numbers and go over to your respective group.

Please use this thread to ask any questions and look out for further information which will be posted up until the race. 

Good luck everyone..

Comments

• HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!

• Hiya.

I will mail my details but as I'm carrying this

/members/images/479335/gallery/Trev_and_Me.jpg

I dont think I will be easy to miss image.

• Hi ! Thanks for setting all of this up - you're GREAT !

I will mail my details shortly but will be hoping to hit mile 17 about 1 hour 57 minutes after start ....( all going well )

I'm only flying over on Saturday afternoon so may not make the Expo at all...fortunately my needs are small.....a small growl of encouragement would be just perfect ( and maybe a HI 5 gel if that wasnt pushing the boat out too much).

Good luck to my fellow group 5'ers and thanks again to  you , Vik, John and Mrs Warkie for your support , which is amazing and really appreciated.

Eckytump, that is one fine looking teddy bear you are carrying ...but rather you than me !

SF

• SF I must admit it's not one of my better ideas image.

• Sister Bad Habit - I shall be encroaching into your group for a sweaty hug! image mwah!

• OK, so up front I will tell you that I am still recovering from a grade II sprained ankle and I'm going to be really, really slow.  It means I'm not going to be at mile 17 until between 5-6 hours.  Approximately, may even be later image

If people don't want to wait around until then don't worry, Clare Hardman - she's supporting a different group - knows all about my injury issues and is happy to wait until I get there and then walk with me if necessary.   

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

TST, I make it a point of honour to be there until our last runner has gone through, so even though I'm not in your group I will still be there.  Can I suggest that if you have your mobile with you, you get in contact with your support group and give them an ETA of your time if you end up being slower than expected?  Its not compulsory, but we do tend to worry about people who don't show up on time and we never know whether to assume that we have missed them or whether to hang on a bit longer

• Hiya, Supercaz said I  have permission to swap groups as my friend from another thread wanted to support me and is in group 2. Good luck to everyone running on the day.

*shuts door quietly on way out*

• Woohoo, hello.  Popping in to say hello. image

• Caz, I will indeed have my mobile with me so will contact you behind the scenes with all my details and stuff  image  I will be keeping Claire up to date with my progress anyway, or should I say boring her with a blow by blow account of where I am more like! image 

Sorry if my earlier post sounded a bit grumpy, my ankle had swollen again last night and I was having a little strop image  Have physio tomorrow so will find out whether she thinks I will make it round the whole course or not; bit scared of how it will go but at least I'll know for definate how it's healing.  Regardless of whether I can finish it I'm coming anyway and doing the best I can! 

I'll be bringing some stuff and dropping it off at the Exel Centre on the Saturday afternoon as I am a little concerned after speaking to the VLM people that they will be starting to disband the course and drinks stations around me so I am going to bring some water and stuff just in case. image

• Two Stroke I am blown away by your bravery...doing the run knowing that AT BEST you will have a pain filled 6 hours is amazing.

Very best of luck on the day and i hope it goes better than you are expecting

Ultra Kazzaaaah!!........Helllooooooooo !!!!

SF

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

As you have probably seen on the main thread, SBH will be AWOL a lot between now and race day.  If the Group 5 support crew need a hand sorting things out for thier runners please can you let me know sooner rather than later and I will see what I can do

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

Hello happy people....well under strict instructions to go max 80%mhr so 9.30 mm at best. Expect me and my torch around 2.40-2.50 all things going to new plan and as I've been tapering for a month plus already, even that might be ambitiousimage
    Will hang about for a few mins to say hello as clearly not chasing a time, happily and look forward to seeing as many peeps as possible.
    Will be in my Macmillan outfit and probably carrying a collecting can too so with both hands full, may need to be fed and wateredimage

• Evening all!  Finally got my act together and looked to see which group I was in image

I am probably going to the Expo on Wed and will leave a gel for you lot to hold for me. 

• Hi all. SBH you have probably already figured this but I will no longer be running. See you in 2014 though, with bells on.

Have a great day team 5 runners and supporters, I wish you all the best and will be cheering you on from the comfort of my living room

• MandMMandM ✭✭✭

Hello

Another later joiner, sent over here by SuperCaz

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/spring-marathon/london-marathon-2013---runners--supporters/237557-18.html

Right so the story is that I got the place through the ballot but dedicating my run for RNIB. Like you guys I will have family and friends who would like to come and support but unsure what would be best option for us?

cheers

• Slim Fast wrote (see)

Two Stroke I am blown away by your bravery...doing the run knowing that AT BEST you will have a pain filled 6 hours is amazing.

Very best of luck on the day and i hope it goes better than you are expecting

Ultra Kazzaaaah!!........Helllooooooooo !!!!

SF

Aw, bless ya SF!  Although not sure if I'm brave or just waaaaay too stubborn for my own good.  Doing the VLM is more about a personal journey for me now and so long as I can finish it then I'll be a happy lady.  I did just under 10 miles on Saturday and had no additional swelling so that's good and the physio says I should be ok as long as I take it sensibly and pull out if I get problems.  Am getting excited about it all now!! image

Oh and just remembered that I need to send you all my details so I'll do that over the next few days image

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

It would b good if the runners could start putting their details up so that the supporters can get organised

• So sorry I've not popped by to say hello but I got hitched last friday so days/weeks have all merged into one and I didn't realise VLM was so close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be there with bells on to support you all with bells on!!

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

imageCongrats VikW:
    Come on group 5, time to get this party started, where are we all? Expo opens next week and plans should be afoot. Who is doing what, where and when? Who is turning up what day? When is everyone travelling down for the big day?
    I'll be the one with the green hair turning up on Saturday!image

• Right my details image

Forum name: Two-Stroke Tart

Name: Sarah Robinson
    Race number:18562
    Estimated time to mile 17: If on target, somewhere around 5 hours - SuperCaz will be messaging you seperately regarding this
    What you'll be wearing: Arthritis Research UK vest, hopefully with Sarah on it.
    Any special needs: I'll be dropping a bag in to Excel with some bits in it for me on Saturday afternoon

Straycelt wrote (see)

imageCongrats VikW:
    Come on group 5, time to get this party started, where are we all? Expo opens next week and plans should be afoot. Who is doing what, where and when? Who is turning up what day? When is everyone travelling down for the big day?
    I'll be the one with the green hair turning up on Saturday!image

I'm coming up on the Saturday, getting to Expo after lunch.  I won't be walking around it much as I need to rest my ankle as much as I can really!  Coming from Norfolk, so not too far image

• woo hoo hello all image xx

• I shall be the mad hatter again, unless it's totally stupidly scorchio weather forecast in which case it might be superwoman, but doubt it image  am aiming for 6 hours or so to complete, I'll be the one hobbling along at the back. no specific requirements at mudchute other than a hug and hellos image  number is 10333 i think image 

will probably pop along to expo on the friday and drop some sweeties off for you all xx

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Hi guys, as SBH isn't around and VikW is busy showing everyone her wedding photos, XFR Bear has kindly offered to help out Group 5, and he will be collating all the info from the runners.

Come on Bear, whats keeping you!image

• I was buying cheese - Cam-en-bert geddit?  Ok - no more awful jokes!

Ok - if you've posted details on this thread then I have them image

If you've posted any private info direct to Vik or one of the others then please be kind enough to copy it to me as well.  I know the forum has been playing up a bit so I will make sure I give confirmation of receipt.  Please do this ASAP as the sooner we get it sorted the better.

As far as leaving stuff at the expo goes, the only think I'd add is to clearly label them RW as they also get stuff left for the Fetch support point and last year they got mixed up - in our favour and we did manage to sort it in the end but I'd rather keep things as simple as possible.

Looking forward to seeing you guys at mile 17 image

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Bear, Fetchpoint aren't using Expo this year so we should be safe.

• Ah ok, that simplifies it

Here's where we'll be

http://goo.gl/maps/RTsFn

on the right just before the crossing (level with the zig zags). The blue boards on the left won't be there. Here's the view from a bit further back - click on the road and you can then use the up arrow key to move forward

http://goo.gl/maps/gt718

The groups are in number order with 1 first. I know that seems obvious but every year someone says "I could see groups 2 and 4 but couldn't find 3!" image

• I'm just going to be looking for a few stragglers hanging around impatiently somewhere around mile 17! image

SuperCaz do I still need to exchange mobile numbers so I can let you know if I'm going to be slower than my estimated time on here? 

I have decided that I won't be leaving anything at the Runners World stand now, I really need to keep being on my feet to as much of a minimum as possible on Saturday so I can keep my ankle rested as much as I can and give myself the best possible chance of getting round.  So I'm just going to come and register and then get off to the hotel rather than looking round the expo.  I was just going to leave some water (in case they are taking all the water stations down), and some bits of food there so no problem with not leaving it. 

• OK

USB but also known as Bridget Mold

Number 6016 I think but I'll check tonight

Breast Cancer Care vest (bright pink)

Hoping to be at Mudchute within 3 1/2 hours

Trying to decide what name to put on my vest as I don't think the whole thing will fit!  Possibilities are Ultra Sparkly, Sparkly Bridget, Bridget, USB (might get too many stick comments with that one).  Time for a vote?

• I'd go for Bridget as there won't be that much space with the number