Bottle Belts

Tom LuntTom Lunt ✭✭✭

Hi guys, when i go on my long runs i normally carry a water bottle with me, however it starts to get uncomfy after 10 miles constantly carrying it.  Im looking at getting a bottle belt but just wanted to know a few things, sounds daft but are they heavy to carry about around your waist. some of them have 4 bottles on and i would imagine if all 4 were filled it would way you down abit. also, do they slip down at all when your running?  any responces welcome!!

Comments

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I have a Camelbak bottle belt.  It holds one 650ml (I think) bottle, at an angle to make it easier to pull out and put back.  Rather like this, but not this colour!

It did feel heavy at first, but I soon got used to it.  It also has a couple of small zipped pockets for stuff like keys, sweeties, etc. image

You do need to do it up tight, to keep if from moving around, but it's not uncomfortable.

Bugger, I forgot that RW have broken the forum.  You can see what I mean here - it's the purple one.

• Tom LuntTom Lunt ✭✭✭

that seems like a good idea, im doing my first marathon next month and dont want to just rely on waterstations if i can

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

I use the 4 bottle FuelBelt. Each bottle holds about 150ml so 600ml evenly distributed won't weigh you down.  The neoprene belt sticks like glue to your hips, and doesn't slip. 

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I prefer to carry my own water - I can have it when I want, and I can actually drink it, rather than throwing it up my nose, down my front, and anywhere other than in my mouth from a plastic cup.

• Tom LuntTom Lunt ✭✭✭

i think im going to invest in one then, dont suppose any of you use running glasses also? its a bit random and off the subject but I was looking at them earlier

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

What, to drink your water from? image

• I use an Inov-8 wiast belt that takes a 500ml bottle and has a couple of zipped pockets for gels, phone, buff etc..

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

I much prefer belts with holsters for multiple small bottles rather than for one or two large ones which jiggle about.

Fuelbelt (American firm) I find are rubbish now.  The bottles leak.

Currently using a Nathan 4-bottle belt which works well.  Velcro fastening. Also has a pocket for small items and a removable pouch in a 5th holster at the back which can fit a couple of bars or gels, or a phone.

Even when full - each bottle contains about 280ml - you hardly know you're wearing it.

• I've got a Salomon one with two small bottles, 200ml each - after a couple of other belts over time, I find it fits snugly and you harly notice it's there. Also has gel loops and a small pocket for keys and whatnot that I can also get a Pertex Quantum smock in should it start tipping down. Highly recommend it - called an XR Energy Belt. 

• Tom LuntTom Lunt ✭✭✭

the only problem is, the 2 bottle belts dont seem to hold enough.  i drink little and often when im running just a sip every now and again and in a 15 mile run would normally use about a "normal" size sports bottle

• I was wearing iFitness belt for the first time in a 10 mile race today(risky I know)

It worked really well, with no bounce on hips. There are two 200 ml bottles - granted, not enough on a really long, warm training run - races usually have water stations though. There is an option of adding extra bottle holders though, so that might solve the problem. I tried Nathan bottle belt before and it was pants.
  • booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭
    I go larger and use an omm 6l waist bag, holds a water bottle and tons of stuffimage