Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Lets start a list...

Definitely Doing Paris 2014
    DV

Possibly Doing Paris 2014

Definitely NOT Doing Paris 2014

Add your name to the appropriate list...

• RR - quite possibly up for a Pizza while the others quoff pasta!

• Definitely Maybe!

• Lets start a list...

Definitely Doing Paris 2014
    DV

Possibly Doing Paris 2014

TheEngineer

Definitely NOT Doing Paris 2014

Add your name to the appropriate list...

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

ATM - for the guide: I give my vote for Princess Caroline as a good hotel.  Only issue was patchy mobile coverage and no free wifi.  Had all the other things you want: close to arc, quiet (didn't even have to wear ear plug!!), had a bath in my room, cheapish, reasonable rooms, nice proprietors who started breakfast early, close to lots of food open on sunday.

Anyone with comments for the supporters guide let me know!

• I would say do not stay where i stayed... Mercure le parc defense or something like that, air con didn't work and i had to sleep with window open and didn't cool down so was too hot before the heat wave started!!

Emmy - thoughts with you and your family.

Twitterati... I'm @nic_cane ..apols in advance for my ramblings

Vlm meetup - I'm going to watch / support friends so happily will meet people

Paris next year - Id support, i don't think i would run it, i want to try and do Brighton & VLM double again. I couldn't manage a triple.
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭
    Great info, RS. The thread moves so fast( I d really appreciate that un an emaul. Detsils about bsth, wifi, breakfast, cost...it lll be Paris, whatever...

much a ppreciated
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭
    Need new specs..obviously.
  • Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

ATM - email sent as well.

Just went through my videos and photos.  Nah...I wasn't taking the piss...NEVAAA!image Emmy and I have an awesome double levitation photo as we "sprinted" to the finish!

• Emmy:  so sorry to hear your sad news, you take care.

• Emmy, very sorry to hear your news.

Just home, totally knackered but still on a high. Was going to ski tomorrow but will leave it until Thursday. Legs aren't working... Off to enjoy a dram with my dad and tell him all about our adventure.
  • DV: Definitely doing Paris 2014.

RS: Comment for supporters guide (direct translation from French): "Supporters of forum threaders will find that support for the runs is at its most enjoyable when performed with the accompaniment of 2 men known by internet monikers of questionable formidableness, chimps mounted to those men, horses to hold at kilometre 32, a generous containment of vaseline to provide special attention to sensitive areas, specially-selected sustenance to allow your organism to deeply recuperate and a giant flag pole".

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

OMG! Maus, you just reminded me about jimbobs generous vaseline action at the arc!

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    RS - are you asking to mess with the laws of time? For you, babe, anythingimage

Jimbob - I've got the soundtrack sorted. It's not Rocky but I think you'll like it image
  • Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    Orbutt wrote (see)

I like to mess with lots of things image

• G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

Just uploaded my Garmin stats. Did anyone else measure the course long? A mate measured it at exactly the same as me, 26.38. Not that it matters, it's all about the chip time, but curious to see if others found the same?

SB

• my hotel was so close to the Arc - i could spit at it from my window - the downside was that with the saturday night traffic going round the Arc sounded like a Rock Concert outside my hotel window - although Ingrid slept like a log! the breakfast was good - the staff really friendly - they started the brekkie half hour early at 6.30 to accomodate the runners. They moved the checkout time from 12 to 1pm to accomodate runners checking out that day and they held one room for runners to use to have a shower in case runners didnt get back in time. I actually got back there at 12.50 but i'd agreed with him to checkout of the room and used the hotel as bagcheck and he gave me the key for the other room to have a shower. Such nice guys! it was the royal elysees, 6 avenue de victor hugo. Oh - and they had kettles in the rooms!

• Orbutt wrote (see)

Jimbob - I've got the soundtrack sorted. It's not Rocky but I think you'll like it image

Orbs - i trust your judgement!

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

SB - mine measured 26.64 but I made a couple of diversions.  Garmin has always measured long on races for me.

• I obviously did toooooo much weaving,mine measured 27.26!!!
  • Champs Elysees in rue d'artois, ten mins tops walking to Arc, kettles.in room, quiet street. Good pub opp!!

Breakast was early, loads of it, I took porridge and no probs getting it cooked.
  • Looking forward to the video, not seen my photos yet
  • Radar Sal wrote (see)

OMG! Maus, you just reminded me about jimbobs generous vaseline action at the arc!

Your Honour, I admit Exhibit A in evidence (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u04jatrk7y6aa0d/DhYyF45Jp0#f:IMG_2171.JPG

My eyes RS! My eyes!

• Sb I had 26.36 or 8 as well, I put it down to the weaving around walkers/aid stations. Ooh, or the tunnels?

• Sporty Badger wrote (see)

Just uploaded my Garmin stats. Did anyone else measure the course long? A mate measured it at exactly the same as me, 26.38. Not that it matters, it's all about the chip time, but curious to see if others found the same?

SB

Both the wife and I had .2 miles over actual distance.  From early in the race all the way through. 

• Marathon Maus wrote (see)
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

Your Honour, I admit Exhibit A in evidence (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u04jatrk7y6aa0d/DhYyF45Jp0#f:IMG_2171.JPG

My eyes RS! My eyes!

Now thats one way to ease the jitters

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    Jimbob, sweetheart, I can recognise a Bad Man from 1000 paces. I'm married to oneimage

Last night in Paris image just had a lovely dinner with Febo and Mr Febo, preceded by a lovely lunch with ATM and TP. I think we can safely say I can no longer claim any kind of food depletion.

Easter Sunday is 20th April next year. I'm on the maybe list until the date is confirmed as Febo is getting married on Easter Sunday....I'm making her wedding cake so need to be around during the few days beforehand. 6th April would be perfect for me...ATM, drop them a note would you?

I've adopted the *lalalalala* method of dealing with The Arse Photo.

Emmy...sad news, I'm so sorry.
  • Emmy - sorry to hear about ur loss

Yer maj- I didn't even know it was ur arse in the photo ,, should've kept quiet and denied everything

DV- I'm a prob for next year

Simon - a wee dram sounds perfect ( I had a can of beer I had kept since Xmas )

And talking of photos ,, my ballet one at the end while doing the orbutt is something else

Also had over 26.6 for my garmin
  • A couple of drams demolished and legs feel much better. To the thread doctors - maybe whisky should be prescribed as a muscle relaxant?

Garmin measured 42.6K which is about 26.4 miles. That is pretty normal I think due to the weaving. I need to sharpen my elbows.... Kaz - your weaving must have been excessive. Must have been the stolen champagne!
  • DV, as long as the dates are right, I'm in