Looking for some advice on which trainers to buy...

Hi everyone,

As the Thread Title suggests i'm in the market for some new shoes. I have had Peroneal Tendonitis for over 8 weeks now. The doctor recommended rest for 6 weeks. I managed 5 before I went back out. Within 2 weeks the pain is back. I have major pain on the mid outside of the left foot, after doing 5miles last night, and this morning I also noticed a slight ache in the same position on the right foot. 

Currently I am using some Reebok Zigtech shoes, and after talking with someone at DW Sports after having my gait analysis, I realise now they are definitely not running shoes!

Anyhow, the lady that did the test said I mildly over pronate, and the guy she got to double check the results said I am more of a neutral runner (straight legged, no roll).

They recommended me getting some shoes that have a bit of cushioning, such as the Adidas Boost @ £105.

I realise now from the comments from the shop assistants regarding Reebok Zigtech that I have no clue what shoes I should be wearing, therefore need some advice. Not bothered about price, but obviously under £100 would be preferable! Would also be good to get some advice from someone who has had Peroneal Tendonitis as to what shoes to get.

Many thanks in advance,

Lukas.

Comments

• If you want neutral shoes with a bit of bounce/squidge/give, there are literally hundreds of models to choose from.  If you don't want to pay £100, tell them.  They will have others, you can try them all and buy the ones you like.

• Not sure about the Boost, quite expensive and maybe not best to jump in with a revolutionary shoe if it is your first proper buy. I would advise any neutral cushioned shoe such as Asics Gel Kinsei/Nimbus and Mizuno Wave Rider but yes there are plenty around