Brighton Marathon 2013

Comments

• Lick my Balls is all I can think of but that doesn't make much sense.
  • I've packed and re-packed and still done another check of my kit to make sure I've got eveything. Worringly my trainers didn't go in until the re-pack!

Leaving for Brighton at midday so hopefully be at the expo around 1.30. If last year's expo is anything to go by though I imagine I'll just collect my number and that'll be it!

Looking forward to catching up with some of you at 4pm. Can't believe how quickly it's come around this year. Like last year, I need to be back in town for 5 for a pasta party with my charity.

Good luck to everyone running tomorrow and thanks to those not running but have given us good wishes.

• Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
    Lick my Balls is all I can think of but that doesn't make much sense.

I did a quick google and that was the best I could come up with!

• well as the O/H said if Sussex runners being rude about us he's leaving some other poor sod a lone and the daughter laughs her head off at in her word pathetic attempts to be rude about us

• Snowmaiden whats your running number? Can I follow you on the app?
  • 8141, I'm a Green. Feel free. image

• Ah an LMB now i know what that means but i aint spilling no beans .....image

Im all signed up for next year too image have enjoyed my winter off but like i said i lacked focus so from now im focused as id dearly love a sub 4 hour even by that second....so Tillstar i will be joining in the thread for next year too...

Have a great run everyone.... im off out for a run in a min to keep my mind occupied cos i should of been driving to brighton today to cheer you all on but lack of funds taken up by the car has put an end to that one ...i made a bannoffee pie to consol myself with too ha ha not all for me though..

• Anyone considering packing a discrete mp3 for the lonely miles, or is that poor etiquette?

• I myself have decided against taking my Ipod on the run for many reasons, partly because Poohbear is running with me and it would be rude to her and to the people who have piled out the doors to support us and party because the offical line is that we're not supposed to have mp3 players and Ipods (though I don't think that they keep tabs on it properly).

• Barbie1976 - it was lovely out there, wasn't it? And the kenyans looked so *smooth* as they ran... Glad I went out as it definitely sorted out the short sleeve dilemma.

Barry Lee 4 - also wondering about iPod. I'm so used to running with music and it might be good for the tough power station miles when crowd support is thin but...I'm worried about getting disqualified!

• Sussex runner you have my permission and Poohbear and Snowmaindens permission to be a rude about as you like

• Buttercupski - they wouldn't and probably couldn't enforce it I would imagine. It's the disapproving tuts from other runners which bothers me more. What do you reckon? I need Scott Walker's "Glory Road" to get me through my darkest hour!

• Thanks Al, Al and Ann
  • Ohh crikes, have they banned mp3/iPods etc? Was that the case last year?

I find it massively useful popping headphones in at various points, just to help zone out a bit from the intensity of atmosphere. That said, I don't listen so loud I can't hear what's going on around me.

I love 'build me up buttercup' at point of despair....
  • TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭

The wind is predicted to be stronger and gustier tomorrow than it is today.  Looks more like yesterday image  though it's going to be warmer.

I'm busy resting.

• Marshalled at Eastbourne Parkrun today and it was a lovely sunny morning for a run!

It will definitely be windy tomorrow though.

Worried I haven't been eating anough carbs now... never mind have I done enough training... is that plantar fasciitis in my heel... etc etc - aargh! image

• SAFERSAFER ✭✭✭

Good luck all for the run tomorrow. I hope whatever you are after you get!

A nice gentle 4h12mins for me @6min per km as per my training schedule for my Ultra in June. If any of you would like to donate to the Aids centre I am raising for in South Africa please check out my link below.

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!

http://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Combes1

• Snowmaiden - cool thanks

Yvonne 2 - yay!

• Bagged packed. Train tickets collected. Dog sitter briefed. I'm on my way down to Brighton! Good luck all, have a fab weekend and stay healthy.

• Just left London on the Brighton train, 58 minutes to remember things I haven't remembered to pack.

Tried to make sure we got seats near a loo, but typically it's not working.

What's the latest on Brighton weather? Whose at the expo this afternoon? Is it busy?
  • Barry Lee 4 wrote (see)

Anyone considering packing a discrete mp3 for the lonely miles, or is that poor etiquette?

I go half / half with one ear bud.  Might go without at the start and near my charity cheering points to enjoy the atmosphere and like others, will zone out when I am going through some dark times!

• GCE: Toby, Poohbear and I will be there later. Currently the weather is wet. Lots of 'sea splash' around so I would suggest a coat today. Was lovely this morning, if a little windy but it's started raining since.

• And the Expo is busy. Queues for registration are negligible though for anyone who hasn't yet
  • Thanks snowmaiden. Just pulling into Brighton now. It is a little grey isn't it!
  • GCE, Barry Lee 4, Roberto Duran - Decided. I'm going to take mine but not put the (bright orange, not very discreet) earbuds in unless I feel I really need a music boost at a tough point.

(now spotifying Build Me Up Buttercup.)

Oh and bah humbug to the weather. We've all trained through worse. 

• Third time to post something the hotel Internet is rubbish!

So, left home yesterday, but without my Garmin!!! How stressed was I?

Fortunately a friend of mine is also running but not leaving till today so she picked it up from home and I met her at the exbo this morning! Garmin and I are reunited!

Bit worried about the wind though, but will be wearing t shirt and shorts rather then capris (I think).

Looking forward to seeing you all later on, but to those of you who I don't see hope you all have a great run and enjoy yourselves!

Hotel is doing porridge so I'll be there for 6,30 then toast at 8,00. OH will have full English at 7.30 probably.......

Have fun everyone and enjoy it!
  • RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭

Just popping in to wish everyone good luck for tomorrow.  May you run strong and achieve the time you want to finish.  Hope to see some of you either at the start or en-route image

• Would anyone with internet access down at the Travelodge please offer my apologies for not coming to the meet up.  Owing to the cold and damp I decided to stay in the warm and dry up here in Horsham in order not to risk making my chest any worse.  How it gets tomorrow doesn't matter just as long as I finish.  I have all the week off to recover and will have no hesitation in having another week off sick if I need to.  Tomorrow is importantimage.

I'm in green coral (colour coordinated!) so will be looking out for snowflake and poohbear.  If anyone sees me then please say hello.

Soooooooooooooooooo excitedimage Matt Prior...........image

• Jelleybaby, thank goodness for good friends travelling behind you. Glad you are re-united with Garmin.

Buttercupski - I'm taking the same stance on headphones for sure.

I've just been to the expo, minor crisis, they couldn't find my envelope. They've re-issued a new number, it's just not so nice. It's also longer 18455.

Going for a swim at the hotel (not the sea!) breakfast here starts at 5.30am, which may be useful? I can see myself being wide awake early reading newspapers, rather than disturb my chief spectator.

I'm going to be paranoid checking they've adjusted my number on the app until it happens now.... Arghhh