Support Group 4 - Mudchute 2014

The list below contains the name and details of all supporters/runners who are in this support group. 

Supporters
Sweetest Thing
Liverbird
Beck01
GCE

Runners
kittenkat
Lee the Pea
Vixx76
Helen McFarlane 2
khanivore
15 West
Go Caz
K Dawg
wiggly worm
bradders 13754

The supporters need to know:

Forum name
Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum)
Race number
Estimated time to mile 17
What you'll be wearing
Any special needs*

*Special Needs - All reasonable requests will be catered for i.e. SIS/High 5 gel, banana, Jelly Babies, boiled sweets etc, even lager & Guiness have been requested before. To be sure we have what you need or for more obscure requests please leave items at the Runners World stand at the registration Expo. Supporters will be collecting them Thursday, Friday & Saturday. Items should be marked with: name, race number & support group number.

Location of Support area

With approx 40,000 runners it is almost impossible to pick out individuals as they pass, therefore its important you know where to spot us.

The support area is on the right hand side of the road at the pelican crossing by mudchute DLR station. There is a water station immediately after the 17 mile point, pelican crossing is immediately after the water station. I will post a close of google map/google earth image of the area with exact location shortly.

Supporters will be standing in sequential group order along the course. The area will be festooned with blue and yellow balloons so should be easy to spot, when you get to us, look out for the support group numbers and go over to your respective group.

Please use this thread to ask any questions and look out for further information which will be posted up until the race. 

Good luck everyone..

Comments

• OOOPS - that should obv read 2013 in the title.................................

• *sticks head round door*

Maybe you are just early Sister Bad Habit?

Although you are group 5, I shall still be giving out hugs to other supporters if they wish?image

• Hello to my fellow groupies image

• Hellooo image

Very quiet round here at the moment...
  • Helloooooo Becks image

How are you?

• Hi Guys, I'm novice to this, but it sounds a lot of fun.

I'm running Brighton marathon previous week, but should be fitting fit for the loudest cheers imaginable.

So, what do we need to do? I'm up for a bit of instruction....

(My actual names Glenn)
  • Go CazGo Caz ✭✭✭
    Hellooo to all the supporters and runners in our group. I don't think I will have any 'special needs' just some loud cheering!
  • I don't have any special requirements either - except maybe some flat coca-cola, which always works well at that point in the race.

Hi Glenn and Go Caz. Good luck for Brighton Glenn - are you ready for it?

• Helloooooooo, lovely Group 4!!! 'Tis I, one of your cheerleaders image

Let's make this the liveliest of the Gropes....yes, you did read that correctly! We offer gropes as well as hugs to our lovely runners, so be prepared.....

• Hey Vixx

As ready as I'm ever going to be. Enjoying taper, and enjoying having a focus beyond Brighton.

Sweetest Thing, I'll hold to the cheers and leave you in charge of the gropes!!

Hope all our runners in group4 had an excellent long weekend and some great LSRs.

I'll be able to jaunt along to the expo, but sure at what point yet?
  • I don't mind a grope or a hug. I am just more bothered that I will be leaving people covered in sweat! :S

I'm going to the Expo on Friday as Saturday will be chaotic at best methinks. I just want to make sure I have my number most of all! image

• Go CazGo Caz ✭✭✭

Flat coca cola - that sounds good. But I suppose it would be asking for trouble to try something new at this point!

• Try it on a short run Go Caz. I tried it for the first time when I did the Frankfurt Marathon in 2009 and it is pretty great as an alternative to Lucozade and gels. I'd run out of water a couple of miles previously (I carry my own) and got topped up with water and Coca-Cola and it really picked me up.

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Just popping in from rival Group 1 to stir up a bit of trouble.

Vixx, I better get a grope too, and I don't mind sweat.  I'll be getting one of Cake's famous sweaty hugs so a little bit of dampness from you will go unnoticed image

• You will, don't worry! I know how sweaty Cake can get image I don't think I am that bad image

• KhanivoreKhanivore ✭✭✭
    Hello best support group in the history of support groups! I love you all for being there for me image Thanks so much for volunteering - you rock!

I will add my race number etc tomorrow. I can't think of anything I need other than a cheer! I plan to carry all my gels with me... I thought about leaving some solid food with you like a snack bar or a jam sandwich but I think this is a bad idea as I have never had anything like that in training. I plan to take the water and lucozade they hand out along the way.
  • Khanivore - there's still time to try out something when you do a long-ish taper run over the next couple of weeks. It doesn't need to be a full on banquet, but maybe try a piece of mars bar or something and see how that works?

I can't remember what my race number is at this point and am not at home to look. I look nothing like my profile pic here anymore and don't know how to get a pic small enough to change it. (I've been on here that long....)

I am universally known as Vixx though, and I will either be wearing a black t-shirt or a red one, depending on my mood image

Less than 2 weeks now - how is everyone feeling?

• Hi Vixx (apologies for delayed response!)

Hello Group 4!!

Khanivore - I was 'running' last year and ended up leaving the lovely supporters clutching a tube of Pringles in my sweaty hands! I'd only had water and gels the whole way through my training but was craving crisps by the time I got to Mudchute. I know they say don't do anything new on the BIG DAY but if you think you might fancy some proper food I'd take it to the Expo. I am sure it won't go to waste if you decide to stick to the gels.
  • KhanivoreKhanivore ✭✭✭

So, i finally got my details together and here they are:

Forum name: Khanivore
    Name: Amir Khan
    Race number: 44926
    Estimated time to mile 17: 12:30-13:00 (plan to run 9 min/mile but this is my first marathon so anything can happen. It won't be quicker than that for sure - it may be much slower though)
    What you'll be wearing: blue asics shoes, navy blue shorts and possibly a blue t-shirt under my charity running vest which i will try to post a picture of below. I will also be wearing a yellow pirates visor with skull and crossbones if it arrives in time - really hope it does!
    Any special needs: Most of all I would love some photo's if possible. I may grab a couple of jaffa cakes too - should I drop a box off at the RW stand at the expo?

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll30/aak_linkedphotos/IMG_0832_zps90b031f5.jpg

• KhanivoreKhanivore ✭✭✭

I have told my parents and wife to stand at mile 13 and then try to cross the underpass to see me again at mile 22. With you guys in the middle I am going to have so much support for the last half of the race it is going to be brilliant - IF I manage to actually see them image Thing is, you are the only ones who will know what I am experiencing. So glad you guys are going to be there image The moral support alone is worth brilliant.

• I am sure we'll be able to rustle up some Jaffa cakes for you Khanivore. If you want you can leave some at the Expo or a small donation and we'll buy some at the Asda just down the road from Mudchute when we do the Jaffa cake and jelly babies run in the morning.

By the sounds of things there will be no shortage of cameras and I'll definitely have mine so we'll make sure we get some of you speeding past.

How's everyone's taper going? Nerves kicking in yet?
  • I'm trying to avoid the lurgy!!! My OH has it. Luckily I am away from her for a few days so when I go back tomorrow hopefully she is better image

Forum Name: Vixx76

Estimated time to Mudchute: roughly 1:15-1:30pm dpending on how fast I feel.

Wearing: dunno, clothes hopefully, but have not decided.

• I hope you manage to avoid the lurgy Vixx. It's spreading round my office although probably less of a concern for me since I'm only shouting abuse / encouragement (delete as applicable!) at you energetic souls!

A lack of clothes would make you easier to spot image
  • Yes, but I wouldn't wish to put people off their beer/food.... image

• **pauses**

Hmmm... Feel a change of topic would be advisable at this point....

Lovely weather today wasn't it!!
  • Hello lovely supporters! Well I have finally arrived at a point at which I can see myself running in London, so it must be time to introduce myself

Forum name - wiggly worm or wiggly for short

Real name - Susie

Race number - 13661

Estimated time to mile 17 - about 3 hours at 10:30 pace

Wearing - a red vest with 'The Brain Tumour Charity' on it

Special Needs - jelly babies ( the little ones...I know this is unbelievably fussy but I can't breathe and eat the big ones....) I'll drop some off at the Expo. Failing this, a Jaffa cake or two would be very welcome.....

Thank you all in advance - it's my first marathon so what I will need more than anything is loads of encouragement!!
  • Hi Vixx - exciting isn't it?!