Support Group 1 - Mudchute 2013

Comments

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

You will be fine Stilts.  I passed out twice on the Sunday before I did London.  I was convinced that I wasn't going to make it to the start line.

• StiltsStilts ✭✭✭
    Good grief - thanks SCaz, I *think* that makes me feel better!
  • SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Its the Tapir whispering horrible things in your ear.  Its natural to get nervous, and it was worrying that made me pass out although I didn't realise that at the time.  I'd never fainted before so I thought it was something serious and that there was a chance that I could pass out during the race.

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Now I'm worried that I'm not worried enough. image

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

LOL, people react differently.  Some people don't worry at all, some only worry in the last 24 hours.  I tend to subconsciously worry for a couple of weeks without realising it, but I will be fine in the last 24 hours until I get to the start line.

I don't feel worried about my swim in 13 days, but my body is beginning to play up which is always a sign that it is playing on my mind.

• StiltsStilts ✭✭✭
    I refuse to be worried (too snotty atm anyway). I mean in one week I'll be running the London Marathon! Woo hoo! How cool is THAT!!
  • SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

You starting early then?image

• StiltsStilts ✭✭✭
    Ha ha at my pace I'll need a good couple of days to get round lol image
  • Glad it is not just me, I did find the run hard, I am so focused on the race and that the long runs are now finished, the thought of 7m is more of a 'can't be bothered'. Got my name put on my gear today, so will get photos done to post.
  • Nervous, did 7m this morning and found it quite hard, it took at least 4m to get comfortable. Weather forecast variable so still can't decide on what to wear...
  • MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    I'm away with work until Thursday night so am packing tonight. Have tried to cover every eventuality. I may need a bigger suitcase.
  • It is quite a journey for me into London, then across to the expo, so I am going to try to pack light!
  • SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I'm coming down on Saturday and will be at the expo in the afternoon.  I'll say hi if I see any of you.

• Hi everyone, sorry not posted for ages, was going to defer due to tendonitis I have had an extremely long lazy taper lol...not run for over 2 weeks and its gradually settling now plus yesterdays sad events has made me deterined to be there...so re assessing original target of sub 3.40 to sub 4 which would still give me GFA.

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

That is still an impressive time NN.  I hope the tendonitis behaves itself for you

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Just labelled my spare gels and ironed my name onto my vest. Exciting.

• SuperCaz wrote (see)

That is still an impressive time NN.  I hope the tendonitis behaves itself for you

I might still need to piggy back a Rhino yet !!

• I am the sister of chicken 123, and will be coming along and offering support.....getting very excited about the event as have always watched it on the TV since I was little and it will be great to watch someone actually run it!! Picking up my supporting banner on Friday!!

• I will leave an old warm top with you as well as the gels if thats ok, in case ankle is to painful to finish, I will then join you for a while to cheer on others.

Who will be at the stand tomorrow ?

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Keren, I look forward to meeting you.  If you can get there early then you get to see the elite and wheelchair athletes come through before the main pack.  It is impressive to see just how fast they run!

• How long do you guys stay there for? (just incase I am last)
  • will there be any cable cars coming through excited image
  • Hi folks, I hope everyone is feeling ready image.

I am not leaving any gels etc at the stand as I think I will be carrying all that I need, I might grab the odd jelly baby, but if you get the chance for a photo that would be great, a tall order perhaps with so many runners. Looking forward to Sunday, I know it gave me a lift last time having the mile 17 support to look forward to, I was thinking about it from 15 onwards image

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Chicken, last year we were there until 4pm.  We have runners in other groups who have given estimated times at Mile 17 as 3pm.  I'm sure you put down a faster time than that.

And once again I will say it... WE DON'T LEAVE ANYONE BEHIND!  If you seriously think that you might need to drop out, for example because you are nursing an injury before you get to the start line, then send me a text so that we know you are ok.  I'm happy to give my mobile number out to anyone who wants it.

• Evening all,

Sorry Caz for not getting on her sooner.  Was good to chat on FB the other day.

You know my forum name and real name.

Running number is 54788

Time to Mile 17 about 3.5 hours so about 2pm.

Mr Prawnie's running number is 24112.

I'm going to leave a couple of gels at the Expo with our details on them, other than that a big hug from you SC will be all we need.

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to Super Caz for doing all the running around this year.

We're running together and will be wearing orange T-shirts with FAB on the front.

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Always here for a gossip Prawnie.

• Well I've finally found you all!

My memories of the start at blackheath in the last ever flora lm were the queues for the loos. It got to the point that as soon as I'd been I went back to the end to queue again!

The she wees are a bit strange but I didn't see many women taking them although I have heard they are pretty easy to use.

There are marquees at the start so you can get changed if you need to and keep dry.

I'll be at the expo on Saturday from about 12 depending on train time and I'll bring some blister plasters and Vaseline and a first aid kit.

Oh and a camera.

I'll try to post a picture of me but there is one of me running in my profile along with some rather random ones which I posted on the Paris thread.

Looking forward to seeing you all

Kat
  • SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Number 1 sign is done.  Orange on a purple backgroud so hopefully it should show up agianst the yellow and blue balloons.  Keep an eye out for it folks, but if you find the right sort of area and can't see it then shout for us and we will make ourselves known

• StiltsStilts ✭✭✭
    I dropped off a couple of gels and small donation to supporter supplies at the expo today, the bag is labelled (little food bag inside small green Bentalls bag) but not the gels, no matter, I'm just giving gels to everyone as I'm paranoid about missing everyone and running out of steam at half way (cos there won't be anything to eat or drink, anywhere, doh). Marathon fever is turning my brain to mush. I will try and post a pic tomorrow if I can work out how to navigate the various technical hurdles
  • StiltsStilts ✭✭✭
    Meant to add thank-you to SuperCaz and everyone else involved for their efforts with this it really is much appreciated x