P + D training for VLM 2013

Comments

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Oh, on a similar note, Men, I use active manuka honey (mixed with lemon, hot water and brandy) at the first sign of a sore throat, and can't remember the last time I had a cold or indeed any other illness.

• Good luck for Brighton tomorrow.  

•  Just hoping its not measles. There is an epidemic locally to us. Marathon may well be off if it is. Agh!!

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Oh god - fingers crossed it's nothing bad Chris.

My OH has got some bug also - she's been ill in bed all day...and she's still there now. I need to go to bed....what do I do?!

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

This is where I'm really starting to appreciate being single and childless. Hope it's nothing serious. Chris, have you had measles before?

I've just finished altering my gel belt. That's how rock&roll we single girls are on a Saturday night.

• I've had measles I think. I'll be checking with my mum tomorrow. More worried about leaving him for the weekend if he does have it. Fingers are def crossed for it not being measles.

15w - I would sleep on the sofa / spare bed with the windows open and a mask on!

Also been adjusting my belt lit. Rock and roll Saturday. I've had to put about 4 knots in it to fit my skinny waist! Didn't feel as uncomfortable running with it as I thought.
  • literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

I've sewn mine up to get rid of 2 inches (flatter than knots) and chopped a bit off the other end. Bet your waist is skinnier than mine, too.

• Double post. A mere 28 inches Lit! Though I had to buy 30" trousers this week for the first time! image

• beat yer.  Mine is 25.5 inches

• No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    Skinny buggers, size 30 inch here image but no arse to fill my jeans.
  • 15West15West ✭✭✭

Morning. We seriously comparing waist size?! 30" here too.

Chris - has your kid had the MMR vaccine?

Off for 13mi this morning. Windy out there, but feels warmer. Hope ok for those in Brighton.

• Yikes Chris,hope the little chap is ok.

Off this morning to buy new gel belt as it happens, mine's knackeredimage Also have to tie multiple knots in it or it weaves its way down like a pair of saggy tights.

• Good grief all these skinny waists.

I fell asleep at 8:30 watching the masters so equally rock and roll.

Chris - hope your son improves soon.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Men - Vicks First Defence and Echinacea. Even if the cold breaks out it will be negligible and you'll be right as rain next week.

Chris: sorry to hear about your son image. Hope he gets better and hasn't passed anything on to you.

Hah, I can't believe I have a smaller waist than you skinny whippet lads image. 26 inches. Not bad for a big lass (I'm 5 ft. 9) ....  

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Well, HeOw wins the waist size competition that we're not really having (mine is 26.5) but seriously I do find it annoying that there are clearly lots of small-waisted runners and yet they don't make gel belts that work on anyone 28'' or smaller. Just about to try out my modified belt on my last long-ish run.

• No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    Lit cut the end off my gel bet and re stitched it back together to make it fit, they make them for all the bigger peopleimage or HeOw would say Fat Fu....simage

8 miles this morning in the wind and rain image only 12 more miles for me now to the start line with 3 x 4 mile runs only this week image
  • Don't know if I'll be doing the final medium long run today. Woke up feeling really sick and it's not going away. Hoping it's just bit of food poisoning. Trying not to catastrophise...can someone tell me this run isn't as important as say the 3 x 1mile repsimage

Just checked in on Ten on Brighton website. Looking solid as per his race plan so far. Through the 10k mark bang on 4 hour pace. Go Ten.

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Go TEN! Keep us posted Al Runs. Just been out for 13miles...windy and warm out there. I was quite sweaty by the end...so....errr...bit worried about potential heat and dehydration etc next week now. Other than that all intact.

• Ten is through halfway in 1:59:47. A masterclass in pacing so far.

• Go Ten

Well P&D said 12 miles for today, I planned 10 and did 8. Much warmer than yesterday and blowing a gale. The kind which either pushes you along or stops you in your tracks. Had to stop twice cos I had something in my eye and it was really painful. Decided another 2 miles wasn't worth the effort.
  • Go ten. He's going to nail it.

13 miles done and dusted. Ran with a group I've not run with before but really enjoyed. Was nice to have some company for the last run so I could ask loads of stupid questions from people who have done it before. 5 miles up hill out easy as you like. Then 5 miles back pushing to 6 min pace but down hill. And a nice easy 3 mile cool down on my own.

Got back early and am now cuddled up in bed with the poorly youngest son. He's had first mmr jab, but not the second. Everything crossed still that its not measles. He seems a little better and I am overdosing on vitamin c!
  • MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭

Go TEN!!!!

HOw you tracking it Al

Still sore throat but no worse which can only be good. 14 at 7.50s this morning in new trainers. running london in old ones as my feet are a tad sore.

Waist is 33-34 so that makes me fff or forum fut fuck then i guessimage. I might lose an inch if i didnt eat or drink for a week but am virtually down to muscle and bone now. I very nearly have a six pack!!

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Okay, been out and if it's this bloody windy in Brighton Ten is doing even more amazingly.

P&D said 13 but I did 11. 16 degrees and 28mph wind, so strange alternation between blazing sun in the sheltered bits and being blown over (it felt like) in the exposed bits. Exposed was right, too, as the wind was making my shorts a bit indecent. Some geese probably saw a bit more thigh than they were meant to.

• Was tracking Ten on the Brighton Marathon site but seems to be overloaded now.

Just went for a walk and there's no way I'm running today. Feel sick, everything aching, legs weak...just hope it leaves my system within a day or two. I can't even remember the last time I was ill, can't believe the timing. Grumble.

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Go back to bed, Al. It's not great timing but much better to get it over with now when you've done all your training and don't need to carb load yet.

• I see Ten went through 25 miles at 13:03 so should be just about done
  • Ten is finished. I'll leave it to him to tell you or else go look on the website.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Hope Ten smashed it !!

13.1 miles today. Took it real easy. 17 degrees but overcast and windy. Didn't feel too hot. Spring has sprung big time over here. Loved it image

• MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭

what was tens number? Christ I am shit at stalking..

• Tune up 10K today, suprisngly tough course with plenty of tight twists and turns, sharp inclines and a real strong wind, they ran the 2.5K, 5K and 10K all at the same time so found myself dodging between loads of runners, definately not a PB course, managed a 37:40 and was placed 4th, have to say it was bloody hard.