Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Morning all,

I have just enjoyed a wee lie in since I can although I still feel guilty!

Rather disappointed this morning, the ironing fairy hasn't been! image

Luvs you all tooooooo! xx
  • Did my little jog yesterday, still in bed now....ooh it is nice.

Sun is streaming through the windows, off to the market in proper clothing and not stinking of sweat having usually run there....won't be the same. Will get back to it next week.

Love you all too, but it's looking like Barca for me in 2014.

Happy Sunday
  • No inappropriate texts for me either - not even an invitation to claim for misselling of PPI image.

There was an interesting article in yesterday's Times (can't do a link because it's behind a pay wall) that said the best way to 'detoxify' your body isn't to do yoga or drink lots of water, but to go for a nice long run. Apparently a run of at least 30 minutes, or even better 90 minutes or more, is enough to stimulate autophagy (cell renewal). Which has all kinds of benefits. No idea how accurate the article is, but it sounds good to me image
  • yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    I don't love anybody image
  • Really annoyed as I can't plan next year until I get to book holidays, whenever that'll be. image

RR- sounds good to me too
  • There's definetly a lot of love in the air recently , post paris holiday romance blues ( that would be a great title for a song )

The cold has finally sneaked up on me so feeling blocked up ,will delay my recovery run for another time
  • Any facebook experts out there...?

I have 'liked' BBC 6 Music but I don't get the various updates/news on my facebook timeline...   any ideas why..?   Is there something I need to do to make that happen..?   I get updates from other pages that I like, just not 6 Music..   so, I'm wondering if its me and I've changed a setting or something...  any ideas..?

• Anyone here on Garmin using the name Piercey? I've had a request to connect with them

Scott, Orbutt - hope colds go quick.

Jus T - how's yours today?

• PC -PC - ✭✭✭
    Weedy - that's a difficult one!image
  • OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Weedy - my Spidey senses suggest it could be PC91 but that would only be a suggestion as there seems to be a slight difference in spelling.

My cold seems to be drying up but I'll leave it a couple of days before I run as I always find being able to breathe properly an advantage.

Sorry DV I don't do the book of face
  • I have a club Duathlon in 2 hours time. I am hoping there is a shortage of marshals so I can selflessly volunteer to help out, rather than take part..... It's only 4k of running but that's 4k more than I feel like running at the moment...

Hope all the colds clear up soon. Probably a few hangovers out there as well. (Emmy, MM?)
  • PC = piercey ahh good one , I thought u were a police constable , especially when I saw u bypass all the runners in the street by running on the pavement in paris
  • PC - why didn't I think of that? You had me worried/excited (delete as applicable) I had a cyber stalker. Have a look at my connections - there's a few others here on Garmin you can link with.

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

DV - sounds a bit weird...maybe posts are getting lost in all the other banter.  Check is: go to the pencil icon to the left of the newsfeed option (will appear on hover) and scroll down to the bottom.  There you'll see pages you're excluding from your newsfeed...might have found it's way in there inadvertently.

yer_maj wrote (see)
    I don't love anybody image

No, you LUUUUUVVVVV us allimage

• My Garmin Connect name is simonmacd (very creative, I know).

But at the moment, in my by best PC voice : 'Move along, nothing to see here'.
  • Boo to post Mara colds! Mine's still hanging around a little, it's more the cough now that's annoying. I got some day/night nurse and that seems to leave me able to tourist around.

Tartan, love the idea of free running tour, how'd you find out about that?

Remind me to hunt you all down on fb when I get home, is far too hard on this tiny screen!

List fairy, put me down for Run Melb half on 21 July?
  • My legs are crying out for an hour jog but my head cold and chesty cough is proving stubborn. Just out walking kids on bikes and doing some little jogs with them, the legs feel great. Shame about the top half. Might try this evening
  • Flying visit as it's been a busy weekend of running, cooking, PT session, receiving bondage related texts from Maus, food shopping, dog walking, cycling, planning and even aqua jogging.

Seen the reference to Garmin Connect above and I've just updated mine.  Seems you can create 'groups' now.  I can set one up if:

a) People message or email me their IDs and those of any other paris connections they have

b) Someone can think of a practical and/or amusing group name.  I'd be conservative 'Paris Marathon Threaders' or offensive and inappropriate 'Paris MoFos'.  There must be a middle ground.

Equally, any MFP users that wish to indulge in mutual diary critiquing - message me.

Will check back later but have a prior appointment with a rack of lamb and spring vegetables (guess who got Jamie's 30 minute Meals' yesterday?)

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Lots of nice new features in Garmin Connect!  Getting better all the time.

Count me into the group DLR please.

I'm still off from running for another week or so, which might be fortunate anyway. Spring is on full bloom - which if anyone here watches The Masters golf tournament on tv will know that spring in Georgia is magnificent - but the pollen counts are extrememly high. Everyday I have to wach a thick layer of the yellow stuff off my car.

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

I'm in, DLR.  Originally, I'm yer_maj....

• DLR: I'm alisoncjohn on garmin connect (I think...). I also tried to find you on FB, but couldn't (I'm alison dot john 3). Anyone else want to be my friend?

Danni: Glad to hear you're home and feeling a little better. I am so sorry your Paris experience this year wasn't as good as it ought to have been.

• Count me in too please! My user name is wardlinney. For no other reason than you can all laugh at my spectacular demise during the last 5 miles in paris!!
  • OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    DLR - I have massaged youimage

Just in case I'm in the yer_maj school of original Garmin names image
  • Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Orbutt - was that an intentional spelling error? image

Maus - you have opened the FB floodgates!

DLR - hmm...should I join...have to admit my garmin results for Paris are quite funny.

• James B73James B73 ✭✭✭
    Jamesb73 would you believe for garmin
  • DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

And, in the same school, I am Dannirr on Garmin Connect.  You too can see when the wheels fell off in Paris.....

You can see I went from keeping my pace, to more and more walking before I had to stop:

Yes - pictures work again!

Any golfers amongst the group?

• Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)

b) Someone can think of a practical and/or amusing group name.  I'd be conservative 'Paris Marathon Threaders' or offensive and inappropriate 'Paris MoFos'.  There must be a middle ground.

Chariots of Dire? Maybe not, I'll put the thinking cap back on

I is jfdp1974 on Garmin

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Maus I can't find you on fb - I'm Kate Shaw on there...