Options

Brighton Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options
    Great PB Lobster. Not reaching your sub 3 will redouble your efforts for next year. My first sub 3 will be my last marathon
  • Options

So sorry to hear about the casaulty today.

Well done to everyone 

• Options
    Awesome day again today - this is one of the best marathons in the world..

Great weather, volunteers and support amazing.

Plus I got Boston / London qualifying time so I'm a happy bunny

Well done everyone.
  • Options
    Hey lombster, I followed you for first 10 miles (well miles 1-9)

You had lombster written on you back and a massive wig.

Well done you beat me by 6 mins!!! Damn
  • Options
    Oh dear great shame about the 23 year old that died . That's very very sad - puts a sad end to an otherwise great day.
  • Options
    Just read the sad news about the poor guy who collapsed in Grand Ave. What a shame.
  • Options
    Saw the man collapse and get CPR was horrific image

Managed a 4:10 so the bubbly is out! What an amazing day and fantastic atmosphere didn't hit the wall as hard as I thought I would be.

Will I do one again? After saying never i think I will!!! image
  • Options
    Paul Went wrote (see)
    Awesome day again today - this is one of the best marathons in the world..
    Great weather, volunteers and support amazing.
    Plus I got Boston / London qualifying time so I'm a happy bunny
    Well done everyone.

Me too. PB by 10mins, BQ and London GFA. Over the moon. image

Agree that organisation was fantastic, and the support is the best I've seen in a race.
    Huge thanks to the volunteers and to all the kids that stood out there for hours offering jelly babies and 'low fives'. They make these events what they are.

• Options

image Sad to hear about the young guy who died. Awful news.

• Options

I hadn't heard about the casualty - just googled it but am not getting any current Brighton marathon news. Can anyone share a link please?

Massive congratulations to the posters so far - some fantastic times going on. My 'gold' (thanks B&T) was 03:50 and I ran 3:48:34image so was well and truly over moon with a PB over 11 minutes....

Hearing about a fatality does put thing into perspective thoughimage

• Options
    Running was completely to plan for a sub 4 hour pb until 17 miles. Sustained a really awful heel injury which left me in tears and having to walk almost all of the rest. Ended up with a really disappointing time but would like to thank lovely St. John ambulance man who helped me at mile 24. Tody was my 13th marathon -definitely unlucky for me!
  • Options

Congratulations to everyone on all their amazing times! 

I'd hoped for 4:30 but ended up with 4:45 after making classic beginner's error of setting off too fast, being at about 2:06 at the halfway mark and then finding the Portslade and Shoreham sections agonising and had to walk some of them, which was really disappointing. Still, as a first-timer it's a PB...

Brilliantly organised throughout and wonderful crowd support. Oh and surprise weather. What a day...

• Options

Windy & HOT now sporting a bright red forehead!

3hrs 42min 52s not earth shattering but given my last 2 years was really happy to be under 3.45. 

Great organisation, great support, good goodie bag & t shirt. I won't be returning though as I found the back & fro's and passing the finish of the course mental torture.

• Options
    Well done Alison and Anne who managed to complete 26.2 miles in 7 hours and 10 minutes. DF3 consider the gauntlet thrown.
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Well done Anne & Alison
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Any news on Green Fairy?
  • Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭

Evening all,

A quick update as I am full of wine and food!  I have a shiny new pb both for the course and I finally beat my long-standing marathon pb from London in 2006.  I finished in 4:48:34 by my watch and I would have been even better if it hadn't been a bit too hot for me in the 2nd half and I had to slow down.  

My target for a hot day was just to beat my course pb of 4:55 and my target for a cooler day was 4:45.  If I hadn't got VLM next week and had to be a bit sensible then I would have trounced that!

Well done Tracey.  I thought I saw Bernard en-route.  Will you be supporting at VLM next week?  Give me a shout and a wave if you spot me 'cos the forecast if for it to be hot which will be  a nightmare with my knitting!

Well done to everyone who finished and especially to those with shiny new pbs.

I hadn't heard about the young man who died.  So sad.

• Options
    Running went incredibly well until 17 miles.
  • Options
    New PB of 3:16:55. Tried so hard for the sub-3:15 but just couldn't keep it going in the last 3 miles. What a day anyway.

So sad about the fatality though...
  • Options

evening all

well sub 4 hour achieve so new PB of 3:37:09 beating last years time by 23:19

• Options

Hi all, Sussex beat me to announcing mine and Poohbear's time.

Was on pace for a sub 6:30 time but hit the wall hard at 20 miles, legs cramped up horribly. Refused to give in though. Still pleased with myself as managed a roughly 16 min/mile pace even with the disaster.

And hey, it's a new PB and if I can't beat that next year I need a slap.

• Options

Was sorry to hear about the fatality though.

• Options

No news on Green Fairy though he was visably ahead of us at Rottingdean.

• Options
    Well done poohbear and snowmaiden and well done for keeping going and keeping strong!

And wowzers toby3 you really smashed your target!! Have to confess to having a little celebration when your time appeared on the app! Glad all your hard work paid off image

Hope you all enjoy celebrating all your great results
  • Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭
    Toby3 well done that is awesome!
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Green Fairy was at 15 miles when I was at 17 miles.