Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Jus T wrote (see)
    That's such terrible Brighton news, it'll make everyone just that much more cautious. Poor runner, I'm sure that's the last thing they expected.

Superb weather, hey DV! I'm loving being a tourist with it like this, with yesterday's rain not so much...

Garmin Connect - anyone know how to change your username? Somehow mine's my full proper email address, would prefer if it were something a little more obscure. And I tried searching for groups, but no luck, may well be a PICNIC issue?

Click on your username....settings....connect profile...and then change there.

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

seriously?  it's going to be something serious?  how about this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_stool_scale

•  

Running Rodent wrote (see)
    MM - pissfit? Oh, we're going to have some fun doing ITLR image

That's what worries me...image

DLR: You'll keep.

• Marathon Maus wrote (see)

TD: Take care of yourself. Please. We need you. "You're our only hope... (hangs bagels over ears)".

Sorry. Champagne clearly still going to my head.

Care is being taken, no worries. I always thought the good princess had Chelsea Bun ear muffs. In case of atrocious weather, something solid and sticky to keep her going in the good fight.

Marathon Maus wrote (see)

Hurrah! Just booked ITLR flights.

Hurrah indeed.

MM - pissfit? Oh, we're going to have some fun doing ITLR image

Huzzah and hurrah. image Ooh, look what just happened...

/members/images/345267/gallery/bristol-stool-chart.jpg

• Faecal morphology? Really?

ITLR flight out booked too - I'm on the same one as MM. What could possibly go wrong?
  • RR: will pack runners - cold weather gear needed?

• Also, I've just noticed there's a 5 week 'recovery plan' at the end of the P&D schedule. Their idea of 'recovery' is a little more active than mine...
  • And PF gets the 15,000th post image

Probably yes with the cold weather gear. And wind proof.
  • Weird things happening with posts...

Just watching "How to Steal a Million" with Audrey Hepburn and Peter O'Toole. Paris at its best (or, at least, second best...).

• Thanks DLR, I think I've got it, could you try looking for justurns?

Oh! I meant to tell you, went past m&s the other day and they had some of those Belgian choc hot cross buns you've been raving about, so of course I had to try some! Can I just say they were sen-freakin-sational!!
  • Congrats PF! Does that mean there's been 1000 posts in the last week??
  • Oh, and whoever it was who introduced me to Nutella - my waistline wants a word...

Eggy, MM, DLR, JusT - you know who I'm talking about... The stuff's addictive!

• Jus T wrote (see)
    Thanks DLR, I think I've got it, could you try looking for justurns?

All done.

Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)

Oh, and whoever it was who introduced me to Nutella - my waistline wants a word...

Not guilty.  Whilst I don't dislike Nutella, I can take it or leave it, and last week i left it.  I mean, it's not like it's Marmite is it?

• Just been watching the news , I see Pyongyang have had a marathon in the city today , can't see it catching on , no crowds , no food and soldiers with guns along to route , could be one for next year though , it's been added to my bucket list

All hail our glorious and eternal leader

ATM image
  • Oh yum, I think I ate more nutella in Paris than I have in the last 5 years! Just don't buy it and you'll be fine!

So since Tuesday I've had tingling, kind of like pins and needles in both my feet, between my heel and arch. First I thought it was the average massage I had Monday that focused on the soles of my feet and thighs (how that is my hammies and ITB is beyond me!) but then I thought maybe my legs were still tight from the weekend? So I've been rolling them out, but it doesn't seem to be getting much better. I've just been googling and thought it might be plantar facilitis (sp??). I've never had this before, has anyone got any suggestions as to what I can try? I'd go see my physio, but is a bit hard when you're on holiday...
  • yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Jus T - get massaging those calves.  Foot issues are often related to tight calves

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)

Oh, and whoever it was who introduced me to Nutella - my waistline wants a word...

That might be my fault! Mmmmmmmmmmmm Nutella.

• Jus T wrote (see)
    Oh yum, I think I ate more nutella in Paris than I have in the last 5 years! Just don't buy it and you'll be fine!

So since Tuesday I've had tingling, kind of like pins and needles in both my feet, between my heel and arch. First I thought it was the average massage I had Monday that focused on the soles of my feet and thighs (how that is my hammies and ITB is beyond me!) but then I thought maybe my legs were still tight from the weekend? So I've been rolling them out, but it doesn't seem to be getting much better. I've just been googling and thought it might be plantar facilitis (sp??). I've never had this before, has anyone got any suggestions as to what I can try? I'd go see my physio, but is a bit hard when you're on holiday...

Position sounds right.  With me its a line across the sole right where the heel pad links to the arch (and presumably plantar fascia), with the greatest pain towards the inside.

However, tingling (burning?) sounds more like it might be nerve related?

Maybe try stretching the fascia (dorsiflex the foot then grab all your toes and bend them upwards), and if you can roll the arches a bit.  Golf ball would be good, if its been in an ice compartment even better.

I'd be tempted to have a few more days off running and limit walking a bit to see if you can nip it in the bud.

• That's weird, I'm seeing different numbers of posts when I go into the thread than are listed on the 'latest posts' page. Has david falconer 3 been on here - I've got him on ignore?

Jus T - not sure what that's about but it doesn't sound like pf. You'd be very unlucky to get it in both feet simultaneously, and it's usually more about pain than tingling. You might be right about it being something to do with the massage - sounds like a nerve issue, and possibly tight calves.
  • DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭
    Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)

Incriminating evidence some might think...Iain?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/04/08/nutella-theft-germany.html

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    That's weird, I'm seeing different numbers of posts when I go into the thread than are listed on the 'latest posts' page. Has david falconer 3 been on here - I've got him on ignore?

Yes, he was in telling us how crap Paris is as that's what the Eurosport people said.

I have become too 'pissfit' for my own good.

Love it image Whatever the exact opposite is, that's me. These days a can of Top Deck's enough to have me spark out on the bathroom floor. Will have to start training for ITLR by the sound of it.

James B - You're not coming up as JamesB73 on Garmin...?

Orbutt - sounds like a nightmare.

DV - You listen to the Competitors podcast? Have a look for the interview with Nick Hollon about the Berkley ultra.
    http://competitorradio.competitor.com/

Danni - thanks for the heads-up about being able to post pictures again 

• Dannirr wrote (see)

Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)

Absolutely classic, Danni!image 

IM: We warned you...I can't have it in the house. I have zero self-control. 

I have zero self-control. 

Aye, that'll be why there's the fascination with 'restraining'image

• Dannirr wrote (see)
    Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)

Danni - it wasn't me... I was in Paris last weekendimage

• RR - I'd like to ignore that guy as well - how do you do it?

• Thanks guys, will work on calves in the am. RR, it's def more tingling than pain, and very similar in both feet, and really only noticeable in the morning and at night, when shoes are off. Walking around seems fine.

I packed the whole kit of BROD, tennis ball and sexy green theraband to bring from home, but giving the soles of my feet a go with the ball didn't seem to do Jack. Calves it is then, thanks YM.

I didn't realise how low the English standard of filth was until I watched Celebrity Juice last night. I'm going to have to apologise to the low brow English guy at work, he's an absolute gentlemen compared to that show! Do they teach you in school to be that filthy and crass?
  • P.S. I'm loving talking to you in real time
  • Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    Jus T - It's learned though studying the works of Sid James. All young children in the UK get the carry on films as part of our cultural heritage!