Monday 15th April 2013

Morning.

Lyrics - I want so much to do so well

Wabo - only one more sleep?

NZC - sounds like good cross training.

I think it's going to be the warmest day of the year so far on Sunday - much better for me than cold and rain. Hope we've lost the wind by then though. Getting excited/nervous now. Peak flow is a little better so heading in the right direction. In-laws will depart this morning but it's my friend's 40th and she was going to be on her own all day (well, apart from her two month old) so we're having an expedition to town for lunch - not helping my weight watching but it's in a good cause.

What:                 an hour easy
Why:                  taper
Last hard:           being ill since 1st March has been hard
Last rest:            15/4

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• What: LSR imminent

Why: day off today and it's on the plan

Last hard: last Monday

Last rest yesterday

Lyrics: no but I can feel where they're coming from

Sounds as if things are heading the right way LM.H

Glad to hear that you're taking on some fuelimage
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Great news, LMH!

wabo: how exciting!!

Thanks, NZC. I'm bricking it though. I wonder why one can still be soooo goddamn nervous before a marathon. It's the 8th time I'm doing this, FFS. But I guess it's probably because so much can go wrong on the day and you just never know ...

what: nothing
    why: rest day
    last hard: Wednesday
    last rest: Thursday
    lyrics: no

• Morning

3k swam and 4 mile ran. Blustery spin later.

LMH - The ends will meet!!

Chick - Nerves are good - It means you are ready and able to go!!

• If only my back didn't hurt when I move, or breathe, or cough, or take my inhaler I would feel in much better shape - lgs are good and I can cope with the lower lung capacity for marathon pace.

Chickadeee - I'm just the same. Doesn't hurt to respect the distance!

I hope so Paddy!

How far is long OH? Is this in readiness fo CW?

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning
    Wabo - radio star! I'll see if I can track down your performanceimage
    LMH - enjoy lunch
    Chick - taper madness, just stay away from trouble..

Still feeling a bit rough and sooo tired, slept for 12 hours last night. Taking it easy today, but hope to be back in the game tomorrow...

not sure about the lyric

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon

What: hopefully a short run
    Why: legs are sore from Caleigh (sp) dancing and wearing heals standing up through a very long wedding on Sat!
    Last hard: getting back last night
    Lyrics: nope

Wedding went well.  I managed not to fall down the aisle (I was terrified I was going to! - just to clarify it was not my wedding, just bridesmaid).  Dancing in the evening was knackering, and I thought I was fit!  Luckily I could do it in flat shoes, but Wabo I wish I could have worn running shoes!

Bit weird to be back after 3 weeks away.  Especially as it's 20C and sunny...makes a lovely change!

Wabo radio star, how exciting!
    LMH looks like things are improving.
    RFJ great parkrun
    Dustin hope you start feeling better soon.

Have a good one all.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

Céilidhs are hard work, Emzap!

What: 20 mins walk, then a TineBeest session of run/walk, then 20 mins walk. Ran for just under half an hour so out in total for nearly an hour and a half. Most of the walk parts were spent stretching.
    Why: cover more ground. To be honest it was a real struggle, not least because I couldn't get my ankles to loosen up. Still very windy and I was quite cold to for the first 20 minutes or so.  Too hot by the end!

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

lmh, I  feel these lyrics!! Yes once more sleep..

chickadee, I am with you re bricking it, I have trained so well but like you I know that on theday, well....

emzap sounds like a great wedding!

yes I still cannot get over that radio thing!  what music do I like - me totally blank oh dizzee rascal - jeni Barnett - you're bonkers woman! ha ha

what: nothing but cook stew

why: my beautiful daughter and granddaughter will like it

last hard: yesterday 10 inwhat felt too warm for me

last easy: friday

Oh saturday I had a great park run, forgive me if I already said - 24.36, now thats nearly 2 mins quicker than nov 2011 and only 40 secs off my best ever!!

have a good day all

hope taper madness is not too bad...

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • 21.6 D&D on a blustery morning. image
    Well 15 + 6.6 as I had a tea break at the vanimage
    Hard work and slow but good to get done.
    Showers stayed away for the most part and had to wear buff for UV scalp protection on return leg.

LM.H yes I have to be fit enough for the Cape Wrath Marathon AND the Cape Wrath Ceilidh the same day!image

emzap - the tortures you women have to put up with! Men could almost get away with running shoes as a wedding guest these days and even posh shoes would be comfortable.

Paddy definitely on the dark side!image

Even those that have done many many marathons seem to still say 26.2 miles is a long way. It is to be respected!

Why is it that the .2 mile always seems noticeable in a marathon yet the .1 in a half isn't (or is that just me?)image
    Steady progress still AHimage

Wabo Well done on the park run.image
    can you get a replay of the Jeni Barnett radio interview on the internet?
    (One of my business partners once suggested I had not been asked to speak on the radio because it required the ability to "speak in joined up senrtences"!image
    - luckily we were and are good friends!)

Chickadee Remind me. Is it VLM you're doing or something nearer home?

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Hello again

Got out.  Almost 5 miles done with 4x400m in the middle.  Was a real struggle to jog home after them! I think legs are still sore from heels, Céilidhing and dragging suitcases around many stations and airports yesterday!  Tomorrow we're signing up to the gym image

Yes Wabo where can we hear the interview?

cake time image

• Afternoon

What 5ish commute
    Why bike stillat work
    Lyrics No but I agree

Yesterdays lyrics were Iggy Pop's "Raw Power"

Don't think that I'll start stressing until Sunday morning as that's when I have to rely on public transport and work with others to get to the start. If I had my way I'd probably camp over night on Blackheath!

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

wabo: I think it just shows our respect for the distance. The marathon is a cruel beast and will find out the tiniest weakness in you ...

OH: doing Hamburg marathon, but it's also on the 21st. We are an hour ahead though and our race starts a 9am, so I have a 2 hour head start on the London crowd image

• chickadee - all the best for it

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

lyrics - nope!

5 miles steady in 34:35, nice run, slow mile in the middle - mile 3 of all my training runs is proving problematic - must be a mental thing!

All this marathon talk is making me nervous and I'm not even running one this weekend - sending all my good wishes to you all for Sunday if you are! image

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Cant belive whats happened in Boston - Awful

Rest day here - taper madness

New job role started today as well - head is in overload esp after a 12 hour door to door day

Take care

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Yes, Boston looks grim. Have friends out there running or watching from my second claim club: fortunately they were well out of the area by the time the explosions took place. Very worrying.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Lots of excitement and nervousness on here today, and that's why we all keep coming back. Personally I've started a major league panic, which must see me catch up and get marathon fit in two weeks (including a taper). Plenty of time.

Breaking news, I've just heard of a bomb explosion at the finish line of the Boston Marathon. Sadly, 2 people are dead and 23 injured. What's galling is that there is a finish line video, clearly showing that the bomb was targetted for people finishing in 4:09:45. That's us lot.

• Terrible news at Boston. A few runners from my club were there too. We've heard from one of them, but think two of them would have been still on the course - hopefully diverted.