Tuesday 16th April 2013

Morning.

Difficult to think of appropriate lyrics in light of yesterday's news from Boston but this is what I came up with - I hope that the world stops raining

Hope your girls arrive safely Wabo.

I don't understand these people. For that I am grateful.

What:                easy swim
Why:                 hope to loosen my back
Last hard:          so many things are hard for different reasons
Last rest:           14/4

Yesterday's lyrics were Am I Right by Kirsty MacColl

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Indeed, LMH, it is hard. Our thoughts and prayers to the injured and the bereaved.

What: Hmm, this is going to be a challenge. The next two days are completely filled, without trying to find a training slot. Looks like I'll have to work fast so I can finish early.

The early weather forecasts for the weekend look good. Maybe a little breezy still, with an April shower, but good anyway.

• Morning (apologies for not being on last few days)

Words fail me re what's happened in Boston.image

What: Hills x 6 in wind and rain. (Mile warm up and down)

Why: My newish session.

Kids and MrsB back at work today

Younger son (in 6th Year) has been given an unconditional offer to do HNC then HND in Sports Coaching at local FE College

An early 'All The Best' to those on here doing London this Sunday.

MissB starts athletics at PE today.

Back later.

Lyrics: Not sure.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

completely shocked - can't get my head around this image

People on another forum are talking about wearing a black ribbon on Sunday to mark their respect. I think that's a great idea.

• Morning

What not sure but something later
    Why day off
    Lyrics no

Equally shocked by Boston

Family are now unsure about going to London with me. It's not so much about a repetition of events in Boston as this seems unlikely it's more about the potential chaos by idiot hoaxes. Central London with 4 children and potentialy jammed transport networks is not a relaxing prospect. Mrs PP is naturaly anxious at the best of times and this would be too much for her. I hear that some are going to run in either Boston colours or Boston shirts, I think I'll go down the black ribbon route.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

yes, shocked is the word and now for us doing London all our families and friends will fret and we will feel worried about them spectating, its complete madness.

see postie thats the thing isnt it, even without worrying its the extra mayhem it will cause.

Black ribbon sounds right to me

lmh, they are in the air approaching Madrid, Jodie very happy that she got cleo her own seat but not very pleased that LAN did not have Cleo on the ticket for the flight from Madrid to London, which is crazy! Sure it will be fine.

What: 5 k easy done off road this morning

why: schedule still

last hard: that I guess

Last easy: yesterday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    obviously thoughts with the Boston families
    Wabo - bet you're excited by the impending visitors!!
    OH - nice long run there!
    VLMers - hope taper madenss is under control, best wishes to all running!!
    what - club night
    why - tuesday, will be light version for me. The bug has been passed, left the house to the sound of 15yo throwing up...bet she loves me...
    last rest - well i guess i didnt run Sun & Mon
    last hard - eating yesterday

good day y'all

• Back again as promised

What 7.9 final blast
    Why P&D say so

3m comfey, 2@ mp,1 easy, 1@ mp, rest easy.

Splits 6:44, 6:49, 6:36, 6:31, 6:31, 7:02, 6:29, 0.9 @ 7:27

All have to do now is keep thigs ticking over or rest.

• A bit pissed off today due to events elsewhere. Its just f*ckin shit.

Any way 7 miles d&d earlier. an easy swim on way home and maybe gym work.

Ye can talk all night about whys and all the rest but its just fu*kin shit. Unfortunately these things are happening, and in a world impossible to secure they will happen.

And if and when they get the fuckers some do-gooders somewhere will be on complaining about  their prison conditions - there is another option --- with my option they dont need accomodation! 

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

Nothing to add re Boston: tragic.

What: something this evening, but what remains to be seen
    Why: my legs and hips (!) tell me that I may have overdone things yesterday

Lyrics: appropriate, but no.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

Lost for words for once

Lyrics: Nope

What: Rest day
    Why: Taper
    Last Hard: Every day since Saturday. Struggling on this taper lark
    Last Rest: Yesterday
    If it's a cool day on Sunday will put a Boston shirt under my Macmillan vest, if not then a black arm band. Organisers might do something tho. When queen mum died they gave runners a ribbon to pin on similar to the breast cancer ones, but black obviously,

• Have you thought about adding in some swimming Alehouse? Apologies if we've discussed this before.

Glad you're feeling better Dustin.

Hope they let little Cleo fly with her mum Wabo without too much stress.

1.8k swim for me today, getting slightly faster. Seems to have eased my back too so thinking that I might swim again tomorrow before the smt and leave a run until Thursday.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

LMH: swimming is a no-go, LMH...neck/shoulder still not up to it and probably never will be now, except for for leisure. Can't see me ever doing the necessary volume for anything else. No worries, I'll gradually cope with the running, I'm sure.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • No need to swim for fitness though Alehouse - you could use it on non running days to help with flexibility and to ease some of the aches and pains?

• What: rest
    Why: on call and legs recovering from yesterday
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Sunday
    Lyrics: no

Still shocked by Boston yesterday. Thoughts go out to all those traumatised by the events. A cowardly nasty attack with true nature of bombs emerging (packed with ball bearings and metal shards)

• Good luck to all of you running marathons this weekend, keep strong!

Didn't run yesterday - caught up in all the drama of Boston. We had a few people that I knew who were running, and I couldn't settle until I knew they were all o'kay.

Enjoy your running everyone - must get out and run today.

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

7.2 miles of fartlek tonight.  My youngest now worried about Edinburgh next month.  Trying to reassure her. Despicable cowards spread fear around the world but we cant let them beat us.