Options

Absolutely Gutted having to defer London with 2 weeks to go

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hi all,

Just thought I'd give you an update - went out for my first run today (couldn't wait any longer) and unfortunately only managed 2 miles before my knee started hurting, (really hurting) so i think running 26.2 miles is just not an option - am gutted.....

Will have a very large glass of vino by my side whilst I push that withdraw button.

Cheers for all your help/support

Good luck to everyone running will be cheering you on from my sofa!

Katy x
  • Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Really sorry to hear that Katy. Enjoy the wine and at least you won't be in limbo any more once you've pushed that button. See you next  year.

• Options
    PG3PG3 ✭✭✭

Sorry Katy image  I saw the officials putting the railings up today (I work near Blackfriars) and felt a bit sad still.

Onwards and upwards.  There will be other races, but there might not have been if you had pushed yourself and done some real damage.

• Options

Sorry to hear that Katy - you've got a whole year to look forward to the next one now though!

Hope your knee problem clears up soon.

• Options
    Katy!!!!!!! This is a learning curve for all us marathon virgins..... I know now not to run through the pain .... More core focus and sorting out hips and getting physio appointments earlier!!!! My knee is still not right but physio thinks it will be fine with no long term damage so getting it strapped up tonight and fingers crossed!!!!! Get yourself fixed and get back out there!!!! You will be stronger and fitter and wiser for it all!!! Can only be a positive outcome image

There are loads of other races around so do not worry ... Maybe sign up for a half to get you in the swing of it ... Royal parks is a good one!!!!! Take care xxx
  • Options
    Cheers all!

Pip I can imagine its been a rough time for you - read that you missed out on marathons last year? We'll be there better and stronger next year, for sure!!

Grewella good luck will be keeping everything crossed for you, listen to your physio you can do it! Will you let me know how you get on please? Will be routing for you! Xx

Good luck everyone!!!! Xx