Pirate DIY Half IM, The second coming!

Comments

•  

The Silent Assassin wrote (see)

OK - Race instructions.  These instructions are the same for both Saturday and Sunday.  You will need to be at my house for 8.30 for pre-event cups of tea. image.  Please make sure you are there no later than 9.00 for final briefing. 

7 Chiltern Avenue

Macclesfield

Cheshire   SK11 8LP

My mobile is 07791 993632

Whilst here please set up your stuff for T2.  Anything you need handed to you on the bike or run course, please make these known here.   You will be issued a bag and you need to put everything for T1 in this bag.  This will then be transported to T1.  Please include a pair of flip-flops or other such footwear for the short walk from the swimming pool exit to T1.

At 9.15/9.30 we will have a gentle cycle (1 mile) to the swim start where you will be able to lay out T1.  We will be having racking for T1 this year.  (T1 will be manned at all times),

• The Silent Assassin wrote (see)

You will have to swim 76 lengths.  It is your responsibility to count your own lengths.  Upon finishing the swim, you will head out of the rear of the Leisure Centre and enter T1.  If anyone wants a complete change of clothing, please do this before leaving the Leisure Centre.  Anything left in T1 will be gathered and can be collected at our house at the end of the event.

You are then onto the cycle course.  There is a 1 mile route to the start of the laps.  This will be signposted and hopefully marshalled.

You need to complete 12 laps of the cycle course.  We are hoping to have marshalls at certain points of the course, but they will only be there for your first lap of the bike course.

There is 1 bike feed station which you will pass 12 times.  This will have water bottles (750ml).  If you need anything else, please sure you hand these in, clearly labelled when you first arrive at my house.

Bike route:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5890340

Upon completion of your 12th lap you will follow the signs that take you to T1 (my house).  There will be changing available there for anyone that wants a complete change

There are 2 feed stations on each lap of the run course.  (One is the same place as the bike feed station and the other is at my house).  Please leave anything you require for the run either at my house or hand it in at registration for transporting to the feed station.  There will be water and flat coke available in small bottles.  We will also have jelly babies and painkillers!!!

Run route

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5890346

image Finish and collect your T-shirt.  Then relax and enjoy a cup of tea/coffee and sausage/bacon butties! image

• SA - I keep chickens so do you want me to save some eggs up to bring along for the fry-up or any veggies?

• Mrs SAMrs SA ✭✭✭

Soupy - that would be fab! image

• Can't wait for this now, although a little scared about my first tri image
  • Mrs SAMrs SA ✭✭✭

Morning Blue Peter image   Don't fret!  The weekend is all about a bunch of mad people, all meeting up, having a laugh, and doing a bit of swimming, running and cycling. image    You'll be fine. image

• Mrs SA wrote (see)

Morning Blue Peter image   Don't fret!  The weekend is all about a bunch of mad people, all meeting up, having a laugh, and doing a bit of swimming, running and cycling. image    You'll be fine. image

I thought it was about a weekend of beer and BBQ with the odd bit of exercise chucked in for a laugh.........

• Cheers for this info SA. Looking forward to meeting you all on Sunday 5th.

BrokeButTri'ng wrote (see)

Had a look at that camp site Ozzy and it doesn't cater for tents so will have to find another

We will sort you out somewhere to camp, Seren has the back garden, you can have the front, or I happen to know the people who own the house where the feed station is, you can camp there, plus there is the front and back rooms downstairs, but I think Slagiatt and Button Mushroom may be using these.

Cheers SA image

I expect I will be travelling up on Friday sometime, I think it is to far to travel on the Sat. Are many people going to be around on Fri? Are there any plans for a pint?

• I'm there on the friday.I owe you a pint BBT.....image

• some people have booked the local premier inn which is only 1 mile away, don't know when they are getting there.

• Colourin (aka Shivering Whippet) has requested that she is moved from Saturday to Sunday

Colourin (aka Shivering Whippet) has requested that she is moved from Saturday to Sunday

That evens things up nicely 14 participants each day.

Competing

Saturday

1. SA Y-L-P
    2. H0nk N
    3. Soup Dragon Y-S
    4. 7755Matt Y-L-P
    5. Stanners Y- L - Y
    6. Les boules Y-M-P
    7. Blue Peter Y-M-Y
    8. Seren Y-M_Y
    9. Jammy Dodger 2 Y-M-N
    10. IronHolgs Y-XL-Y
    11. BrokeButTri'ing Y-L-N
    12. Razor Y-M-N
    13. Horse Y-XL-N
    14. Ozzy287 Y-M-N

Sunday

1. Mrs SA Y-M-P
    2. Mrs Matt (provisional) Y-L-P
    3. SgtLard Y-XL-N
    4. Britrisky Y-M-P
    5. bburn plodder Y-M-P
    6. Bobby Nobby M-N
    7. Paul Platt Y-?
    8. Cake Y-L-N
    9. Blaidd Drwg Y-M-Y
    10. Tired Badger Y-M-Y
    11. Tom's Psudonym Y-M-M
    12. Slagiatt
    13. Button Mushroom
    14. Colourin (aka Shivering Whippet)

Helping
    Saturday
    Mrs SA, Jordy, Lee The Pea, marshallini, SuperCaz, Mrs Matt, Cake , Britrisky, Bobby Nobby, Blaidd Drwg, Slagiatt, Button Mushroom, Mr Monic.
    Sunday
    SA, Jordy, Lee The Pea, marshallini, H0nk, Soup Dragon, SuperCaz, 7755Matt, Stanners (am), Seren Nos, Jammy Dodger 2, BBT, Ozzy287, Mrs Ozzy287.

Mrs SA wrote (see)

OK peeps.   SA spoke with the Manager at the Leisure Centre today and we now have 3 swimming lanes reserved for the Pirates on the Saturday and Sunday at 10:00.  Result! image

We have been asked if we can use a separate exit which is the Fire Escape Exit at the rear of the pool which means we can set up T1 much better than last year.  It may be advisable to have a pair of flip-flops to hand.   We have to use this exit on Health & Safety grounds as people last year went straight out of the pool, through Reception, leaving a trail of water behind them....... yes SA, i am looking at you imageand .... *puts hand in air* ... me!

4.66 people per lane or 5+5+4 or 4+4+6

• marshallini..........my OH is not doing the swim .so that might make it quieter......

i am down for the saturday and he is down for the sunday.......but he has just announced he wants the saturday so we might swap if he makes it worth my while.......

• I'm looking forward to this now, starting to have a mini panic about my first tri too. Knew it was silly to go long without doing a short distance first.

Should i be having a mini taper the week before?

I'm also guessing i'm going to be better off on my training road bike from the comments above.

If i wan't to remove my tri shorts to change to running shorts can i do this without needing to expose myself and shocking the locals ?

Sure I'll have a million more silly questions before the day
  • I'm staying at Premier Inn Friday and Saturday night. Anyone want to get together on Friday evening?

• Mrs Matt is having second thoughts. Can she either just do the bike, or do a shorter distance (oly?)

• Mrs SAMrs SA ✭✭✭

Matt ... no problem.  Last year i just did the swim and the bike (i couldn't run due to an ongoing trapped nerve problem).

• Tired Badger wrote (see)
    I'm looking forward to this now, starting to have a mini panic about my first tri too. Knew it was silly to go long without doing a short distance first.

Should i be having a mini taper the week before?
    I'm also guessing i'm going to be better off on my training road bike from the comments above.
    If i wan't to remove my tri shorts to change to running shorts can i do this without needing to expose myself and shocking the locals ?

Sure I'll have a million more silly questions before the day

Yep, no problem, as T2 is at our house, there will be plenty of rooms for you to do a full change

• I dont think Mr Cake will be racing, he still wants to come over and throw things at us though

• Thats just typical of him, god help us image
  • Matt - I certainly won't be doing the full swim. Or the run. And I've got Stratford half the week before and I've only run 6 miles so I might still be a bit stiff and tired.  This is about bike training for me and social weekend. 

• I anyone is still in need of a bed, i live about 20 minutes away and have a spare room????
  • Hi Colourin myself and slag are coming to SA DIY half is there enough room for two to camp down in the spare room ?. Would be mush appreciated if we could stay. thanks

• You can have my front room if you want

• Q you just want me for my sausages and bacon i know what you're after.

• Im the same as Colourin. About 20 minutes away and have a spare room / garden / sofa.

• Button mushroom, yeah course, plenty of space, more than welcome image