Auviour Paris: So long and thanks for the cobbles

Comments

• Em & oscarr - ROFL - can I be an oreo please please LOL - You two are so lovely! You've just cheered me up no end.

Just had a pedal on the turbo - it's pretty breezy here today so didn't feel like going out!

The guesses on reiki thus far:

Ten 3:55:00

BoDuke 3:56:00

oscarr   3:57:00

Sleepy 3:58:00

• Sleepy - i never stop learning; just googled ROFL and oreo image

Tempo interval session done this afternoon.  10 miles inc 6x1 mile reps @ HMP.  First 3 avge 7:56, second 3 avge 7:51 with last one the quickest.  HR at end of last rep 83%.  

I know how Sleepy feels cos i could not have done another one.  This is last week of 3 hard weeks - looking forward to the cutback week next week which will be a lot less than the schedule requires to allow me re-energise the batteries.

• Mike, thanks for that it made my day great report

I will go for 3:59:26 for RR

I am now looking forward to London...last hard session was yesterday 12 x 200m followed by 1M marathon pace whihc was up hill against the wind in 5:55, let's hope it feels like come saturday.

a meesage to the bombers...You can't run, we will catch you

• oooh oooh Choisty are you running too - so sorry - don't know how I missed that - quick quick - gold, silver, bronze goals please - you know how we love a sweep opportunity - shame we don't have a little smiley begging on his knees image

The guesses on reiki thus far:

choisty 3:59:26

• BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭

Choisty: I have no idea what your gonna run... image Bet it's quicker than my biking pace home this evening... 

Attempted 3X800 this evening. We'll better than the last attempt. Managed 2.5 this time @ 3:30, 3:33 and 1:36 before bailing. I'm having issues with maintaing my motivation at the end... The will to push through is a bit weak at the moment. Will come back though; guy at work managed to talk me into re-joining a running club that his dad is the race director for, so 1.5 mile handicaped timetrial on Tuesday (winner gets a bottle of wine). If that isn't motivation I don't know what is. 

• BoD, head-up you just need a focus, pick 5km and a time as a start

A few pointers for guessing time:

My Marathon history

1997 - London - 6:44

2004 - Abingdon - 3:34

2005 - Cardiff - 3:21

2006 - Abingdon - 2:54

2007 - London - 3:11

2012 - Paris - 2:43(:59)

I've never run well in London, I hate running when it is too hot, I don't like running into the wind.  I am in good shape, better than last year, so far I have run 1,200 miles for the year.  I ran 2:02:06 at Bramley 20M in Feb and a PB over 10km at Eastleigh in 34:21 in March.  I have a slight cold, but no injuries and am dillusional as I have stopped caffine in the last 3 days image my target window is 2:38 - 2:43, and using Mikes thoughts

Gold 2:39:59

Silver Shiny new PB

Bronze Sub 2:45

...so what do you think?

• TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭

2:34:56 - because it scores an OCD bonus image 

I've just run four miles recovery on the treadie. I kept below my new conservative recovery heart rate.  Feeling really good with no aches or pains.

• BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭

I'll go for 2:38:30.... I expect you to beat that by 14 seconds 'cos I never win sweapstakes 

Wanna keep PBing the local Parkrun. Know the course now, and John Lewis have got some trail shoes on offer which might help up muddy hills. 

Right it's chilli and rice time!

• Okey cokey then - morning all!!

guesses coming in on speedy-man:

Ten - 2:34:56

Bo - 2:38:30

sleepy - 2:42:42

And round up on kick ass reiki:

Nice work ten - good recovery skills!  Talking of which I must stop dithering and go do my MP session!

Awesome goal Bo - I keep threatening a parkrun year myself - where's your PB at just now and where you aiming?

• BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭

Sleepy: PB is last weeks run (1st very 5k actually run) @ 28:01... Did the timetrial on the 26.2 training @ 22ish.

• BoD, I'll give you a new target 27:22 for 5km...it's my 8yo daughters PB from last month

• BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭

Choisty: Your on. Next one I'm going to is next saturday.

Tell you what, don't do your back. Plays hell with everything.

• Choisty sweep  - i will go for 2:43:09

• Choisty 2.39.39 go speedy have a great day.

RR  3.59.57 go girl.....

Come on Bo too you can do a speedy 5K........and beat an 8 year old!!image

• Wowsers that 0.5mph makes a huge difference on my MP - did it though, just - based on my updated target paces!  Max HR - 184!!! And flippin well felt it too LOL Think I must still have my 6 x 1s in my legs.  Hopefully it'll feel a bit easier next week.. A girl can dream image

guesses coming in on speedy-man:

mcs - 2.39.39

oscarr - 2:43:09

mcs 3.59.57

any more for any more??? I have my jaffa cakes ready...

Bo - hey come on - 8yos are blimmin fast!  5ks are always a huge shock to me after a bit of a break - you'll be back near your best before you know it.  I'm wanting a sub 23 at some point.  Which parkrun did you do? Recommend it if we're ever down your way?

• BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭

image Oh dear, was waiting for the 8y/o comments. Oh well, only been back (get it???) in action for a couple of weeks...

The parkrun is in Huntingdon, it's a really nice course and the park is great. Finishes in front of a cafe, so bacon rolls are all in order.

• Sleepy - I've never had Oreo so will do a taste test and see which one makes me smile the most and feel best about myself because that one will be you! x

Reiki - 3:58.43 (But please just enjoy it - you run for the Bostonians and the marathon spirit too) image

Choisty - 2:40.38 (because London is soo busy)image

So excited for you guys and feelining less green with envy now that I have a marathon next spring.

Swam 2.5 k last night so feeling quite pleased with myself and track tomorrow. I have decided that if I can loose 5 lbs I am allowed to buy a road bike so that is my target! image

• oscarr wrote (see)

Sleepy - i never stop learning; just googled ROFL and oreo image

That has made me chuckle Oscarr - thank you image

• Track tonight I mean and also did a 7 mile acceleration run from mara pace to half on Tuesday.image

• guesses coming in on speedy-man:

mcs - 2.39.39

EmmaC - 2:40.38

EmmaC 3:58.43

mcs 3.59.57

Wowsers Em - nice session - that's a beast! 

• missed the oreo test comment but just scrolled back and saw it - you can have two just for being so incredibly lovely in a lovely package - loveliness all wrapped up! image

• Yay - Thank you Sleepy!

Shall put some on the Tesco's order. My armies are a little tired after the swim set! Did quite a bit of kicking with paddles and got lots of cramp ... not sure how track will go tonight!

• Hi all 

Glad to catch up, and am ready to punt 2:41:07 for Choisty.

I felt like I was being auctioned off when I saw your early round number guesses on me, and I love the confidence that generally prevails.

Today I have had a sports massage AND Tui Na, and my left knee is definitely a bit sore despite these interventions and after 3 miles easy with strides during which it seemed to be fine.  

I thought maybe I was imagining the knee thing.  

Just finished work til next Wednesday though, so will relax and go to the sauna tomorrpw, soften things up a bit and stretch.

On my run everything felt light, fresh and fluid which is otherwise encouraging.

BoD do not despond, you will enjoy your running all the more after the break, I like the idea of having incremental targets, or even just doing each PR faster than the last is a fun approach.

This is not just any 8 year old, she probably has all 30 of the genes they talked about in AW last week!

• Your right she is a bit odd...but she is a gymnast
  • And a very good gymnast I believe!
  • BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭

I think that if she has any of her Dad's genetics, she gonna end up like Jo Pavey... image Or that really bendy woman who won a load of stuff in London (note the lack of gymnastics knowledge) More excuses from me. Tell you what though, I've been reflecting on my improving pace before January and think I might have taken it for granted. That's not going to happen again.  

Well in my attempt to beat an 8 y/o over 5k I've been to the gym this morning (one of those budget jobs @ £10.99 a month) and ran 5k over 'hills'. Now I HATE treadmills, but has to be said that it's better than repeating a flyover with traffic fumes with only 75(ish) meters. Not sure how long it took, because in the great me tradition I couldn't figure out how the machine worked... Also did a LOAD of core work with balls, plymetrics and some weights. Looking forward to my 1.5 mile time trial on Tuesday now and getting to know a new bunch of people.

RR: Keep easy and enjoy that light, trained feeling. We're not auctioning you off, just encoraging image

Emma: Did I read that right? 2.5k swin??? Now the through of that makes my arms ache.

• BoD, when you say "loads of core work with balls" was that in the changing rooms, if it was it doesn't count as excercise

Emma, I ma thinking about a tri in July any tips for getting started.  I can swim (but not quickly), I used to be pretty good on a bike (but I haven't trained recently) & I'm an OK runner (I think I can cope with this bit)

• guesses coming in on speedy-man:

mcs - 2.39.39

EmmaC - 2:40.38

reiki - 2:41:07

EmmaC 3:58.43

mcs 3.59.57

Go get em this weekend folks!  Will be glued to the tv trying to spot you

• BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭

Choisty: You've got me mate... image But did make me sweaty... image Meant those weighted balls, what the hell are they called? No, not begining with T or B.

Oh, BTW does anyone know when the ballot opens for VLM next year? Need to be quick and pay attention.

• TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭
    Sleepy Bear wrote (see)

Go get em this weekend folks!  Will be glued to the tv trying to spot you

Last year I sat watching the finish line cameras when the main coverage had finished (red button on BBC) image

Next year's VLM is on 13th April, so I now have less than a year to be ready!!!! image  Do I travel on the day, or get a hotel?  Hmmm decisions.  So little time.