Marathon depression & cheering up!

Anyone getting 'taper depression'?  I'm doing the Manchester M next week.  Now can't be bothered to run at all, never mind over doing it and stressing out and packing in more runs, which is what people normally seem to do.  Anyone the same?

Had to tweak taper because I spent this last weekend on a tennis hols, playing 4 hours tennis each day for 5 days. So no running then I think got me out of the groove. No idea if this was good or bad. At least I survived without a twisted ankle and of course there was lots of sun - why am I complaining!

Though I was immensely cheered just now because I had misread my Strava stats and for the last week thought I had averaged half the mileage I was supposed to over the last four months because of injury - how was I ever going to do it etc blah blah blah.  Now I find I had keyed in the wrong time and had done twice as much as I thought, not even that far off what I wanted to do.  What a prat!

In fact writing this has cheered me up immensely and got me back in the mood!

Good luck at the weekend all London Marathoners it looks like the weather will be perfect!  Fingers crossed for rainy Manchester!

Comments