RW Forum Six – Sub 3.30

Comments

• Best of luck Sarah for Sunday......just heading to the London expo now for a nosey. You're going to be amazing on Sunday.......unless you try and out eat Malcs in the carb-load.........that is one impressive breakfast and puts mine to shame!image

• TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭

Just a quick fly-by to wish you good luck on Sunday, Sarah!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    Mr Puffy wrote (see)

All Bran Malcs?  You might be in the queue behind Angela. 

image LOL - Good point! I'll switch to low fibre tomorrow just to be safe!

Really hope your cold subsides. 3:46 when ill is mighty impressive. I've not even come close to that fully fit! Sounds like a shed load of lasagne has already been consumed. 

Ady - I think she might give me a good run for my money and I think I'm almost twice her weight!

Carb update:  1 x choc milkshake = 56g carbs (a new experience for me and it was freakin awesome) . 1 x slice of toast with marmalade = 20g

• AndyAAndyA ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

I'm at the Expo now - got my number and chip, picked up some freebies, had a massage and now just enjoying a cappuccino before I head off to Canary Wharf to meet Mrs A for lunch.

So far I've had a bowl of oat crunchies, two slices of toast with marmalade and a chocolate hobnob bar, plus a few energy bar samples at the Expo.
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Nice going Andy.

I have continued the bloat-a-thon with: 4 jelly babies, large plate of rice casserole, 200ml orange juice, a low fat yoghurt and a banana. image

• Choc milkshake is awesome- one of my favourite things about running!

So did about 5 miles today.... Very hilly image
  • i got a minni bump on my big toe but i'm sure it'll be fine on the gay.best wishes everybody jelly belly at the ready.
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Angela - excellent! And was it hot? Did you get the warm weather training you were looking for? 

Mid afternoon 'snack' consumed - bagel + jam, 400ml fruit juice and a banana. 

Minni & Sarah - hope you arrived safely in the big smoke.

Sarah - is it Rock of Ages tonight or tomorrow?

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Sarah (and others on here) - just wishing you a brilliant race on Sunday. Pop over to Minni's "other" 3:30 thread again if you have time image.

If things go to plan I will hopefully be done 2 hours before you guys what with the time difference and our earlier race start. Spare a thought for me when you start ... I will likely be struggling then image

• Hi Malcs not hot this morning - quite grey and dreary- not what I had packed for- dragged David around as well so had to keep looping back so I didn't lose him. The cloud/fog has cleared now to reveal wonderful views of the Pyrenees image

Plan has 5 mile MP tomorrow but not sure about keeping pace in these hills or if David comes with me again... Hmmm
  • AndyAAndyA ✭✭✭
    Hi Malcs,

That's good going!

Here's the rest of my day so far

Lunch

Teriyaki chicken and rice + coke

Snack

Low fat yoghurt, banana, peanut butter cup, fruit smoothie

Dinner

Pasta with tomato and sausage, chunk of granary bread, fruit juice

I need one more really good snack before bedtime.
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    Angela - that would be an interesting one, losing your husband to be in the mountains! Sorry to hear the weather isn't quite what you were wanting. Hope it improves as the week goes on.

Andy - how did you find it? I'm completely bloated. Just weighed myself and I reckon I'm 3kgs heavier.

Rest of my day was: pasta with tomato sauce, banana, 5 Jaffa cakes, 2 slices of toast, muesli bar

Not long since we arrived in Wales. Need to get some shut eye now. Just one more day of face stuffing to go!
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    Sarah - how are you feeling this morning?

Did everyone survive the carbo loading yesterday? Just 24 hours to go now. I'm convinced I'm getting a cold but I'm probably not. Could be a carb overdose.

Really wish you the best of luck tomorrow Sarah. I know you are going to absolutely smash it.

Best of luck to everyone else too. Hope your cold is ok Mr P.

Minni in particular - thanks so much for all your help and advice. Have a fantastic race.
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    I've been struggling to get on the forum from my phone but just realised its much easier from Mr Minni's.

Hope everyone is taking it easy today. It's a lovely day in London and a great forecast for tomorrow.

What's your forecast looking like Malcs?
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    Should be 7 or 8 degrees and cloudy so pretty much perfect for me. It will probably rain from 11am on but I'd take that over sunshine any day. At the moment it's absolutely boiling here. Blue skies and sunshine.

Felt really odd today. Had to take paracetamol. Not sure if its taper madness or I'm coming down with something. Hopefully just nerves image

How are you feeling Minni? Confident?

Did you manage to meet up with Sarah?
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    The rain makes my hair frizzy - do you have that problem Malcs?image

Didn't catch Sarah yesterday. She was late arriving and I was in a wine bar by then.

Didn't feel confident at all yesterday but feeling better today. How about you?

Will definitely catch up with Sarah before the race tomorrow.

Remember folks - even pacing all the way. You may feel great in the first half but a couple of miles run too quick can cost you a great marathon time.

But if you feel the need for speed at 22 miles then go for it!
  • AndyAAndyA ✭✭✭

Hi Malcs,

I've actually found the carbo loading OK. I don't feel too bloated, although I don't think I had quite as much as you yesterday. So far today I've had

Granola+natural yoghurt+fruit

2 slices of toast with marmalade

2 American style pancakes with banana and maple syrup

Jacket potato with baked beans

Cinnamon swirl + fruit smoothie

A few jelly babies

I did a couple of easy miles this morning and felt pretty good by the time I finished.

All the very best to everyone for tomorrow, it's been really encouraging following everyone's progress and getting good advice and encouragement in return. Maybe I'll bump into one of you at the finish line (not Malcs obviously unless one of us takes a wrong turn somewhere).

• Ello Ello! Sooooo excited for y'all! Been carb loading in solidarity as I have my last 20 miler tomorrow.

Breakfast: rolled oats with apple juice and raisins, cup of tea and cup of vit c supplement, 2 rice cakes with marmite

Snack: croissant

More snack as we were still out: half a bag of plantain chips and 3 Jaffa cakes

Lunch: jacket potato with baked beans

Snack half a honey waffle, tiny piece of cinnamon bread, 2 rice cakes with honey and banana.

We just went out and drove a suggested route for my 20 miler, some amazon views which I'm bound to take pictures of, but it's bloody hilly! Even more than Epping forest, though not muddy so hopefully not as hard!! Looking forward to it, and to reading about ur new records when I get back as well as hopefully a new men's world record with the amazing field tomorrow!!
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    Minni - ha! I would love to have hair, frizzy or otherwise! I currently feel sick. I'm hoping its just nerves but I just had to have a lie down. Will be glad to get to the start line tomorrow.

Good to hear you're confident.

There is no chance of me going out too fast the state I'm in image

Andy - damn fine eating sir! I am just about getting through it and telling myself it'll all be worth it come tomorrow. I'm trying to stay off the jelly babies as I'm using them tomorrow. If I never see a Jaffa cake again I will be too soon!

Look forward to hearing great news all round tomorrow!
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Sarah is struggling to get into the thread. There must be some technical issues going on with RW. Anyway she's worrying that you all think she's abandoned you - she hasn't!

She was sounding excited and nervous last night, but confident (I think!).

Have a good one all.
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    Up early Minni or out late?image

The site was really slow yesterday so I'm not surprised Sarah was having trouble. Just shows how nice she is that she's worrying about her thread when her mind should be on her race image

Perfect weather here, cool and cloudy. My nervous breakdown has passed and I'm ready for action.

Have a great race Minni and everyone else. Please pass on best wishes to Sarah.

Time to do the business!
  • Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭
    Morning image absolutely beautiful day for it good luck everyone imageimage
  • Sarah- WELL DONE!! unbeleivable time- 3:23:13- you must be delighted. You really deserve it, enjoy the dayimage

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Fantastic Sarah - absolutely brilliant!!!

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Quick check in from an internet cafe - it seems impossible to get on RW at the moment and I know Sarah hasn't been able to log on at all.

The girl was brilliant. image  Can't wait to read all about it.

Well done Sarah! xx

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

And a very special well done to you Minni. What a brilliant double performance from the two of you.

Enjoy the afterglow for as long as you can. Training through this winter down south has been horrendous and it sounds like it was even worse north of the Watford Gap!!

You both deserve exactly what you got. image I'm delighted for you both!!!

• Amazing result Sarah........very, very happy for you. Excellent run.

• Awesome time Sarah!! Well done! So happy for u image
  • Hi, im so sorry that I havent been on here since before the weekend. Ive tried several times all weekend and I just havent been able to access RW from my phone. I feel so guilty and as though ive neglected all those that have been supporting and encouraging me along the way.

Just got back to York so thought I would quickly come on here to say a hello and a huge thankyou for all your good luck wishes....they worked!

How did everybody else get on????

Was such a warm day, think we have all been under prepared for it. My arms are the colour of a lobster!
  • Hi Hilly, Glad to hear that you have recovered from your illness...ready in time for the next 5 miler??

The lady/sarah who you was speaking to before me, is a new member, was the first time I had met her....I didnt even know that she was called Sarah! The rest of the club were intrigued to know who you was and how you knew me!