Friday 19th April 2013

Morning.

Lyrics - I once met a man with a sense of adventure

Enjoy postie!

Just in case my access internet is limited - hope you have a great run in Hamburg chickadeee.

VLMers - go get it.

Anyone else racing this weekend?

A morning at work followed by the train to London for me today. Would like to fit 30 minutes easy in the sunshine in there somewhere but not sure it's going to happen as time may be tight.

What:              30 minutes easy or rest
Why:               see above
Last hard:        it's not been an easy campaign at times
Last rest:         14/4

Yesterday's lyrics were Everything To Lose by Dido.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• What: no plans
    Last hard: Monday
    Last rest: Wednesday
    Lyrics: no

Hope everything goes well for VLMers

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Not sure that you will get much sunshine today, LMH: looks like you are taking rain with you! The weather looks good for Sunday, though: currently saying 9 degrees at 10 a.m. with 5 mph winds, and then warming to 12 degrees at 12. Hope they are right (which would make a change!).

What shoes do you all race in?

What: rather dependent on a builder!
    Why: Not working this morning and got a builder to look at plans for an extension: if he doesn't stay too long I should be able to fit a walk/run session in and be ready to go to work at 11.45. Good to see the wind is dropping.

Lyrics: yes!!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    London not looking too bad this morning, a bit drizzly perhaps but better that the strong winds of the past few days.
    Very best wishes to all runners, looking forward to hearing all about it.
    RFJ - sub 3 dream scenario?
    what - 5 easy
    why - marathon training, LSR hopefully tomorrow if legs feel OK
    last rest - Monday
    last hard - Wednesday's tempo

First track and field for juniors on Sunday, co-ordinating all the under 11s....I think running 26 miles is less painful...Eldest in 300m and 800m, youngest in 1200m and making up the scorers in the javelin (her words!)

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all.

Just coz its my day off/working from home this morning, the sun's gone in.  Typical!

What: hopefully some weights and core in the gym later
    Why: hip is starting to get bad again, and I think it's coz I'v neglected the core and strength training of late (if it doesn't hurt I forget to do it...)

Had 13 people at running club last night.  4 miles done, slowly, but I don't mind, as long as people continue to come along!

Good luck to all VLMers in case you're not on again before the day.

Good luck Chicka.

• Morning

What: Just went out  as sun just breaking through clouds. Hill session x 6.Jog down recovery. Mile Warm Up and Down. Bright, but cold.

Why: Beginning to like my hill sessions.

All theebest to those racing this weekend, particularly those at London.

• I always run in Kayano's Alehouse. Could probably manage something lighter and less structured now but daren't risk it - if it ain't broke! Hope you get time to get out later. I guess if the weather is bad when I leave work that may help to convince me to not squeeze in a run I probably don't really have time for.

Organising the juniors certainly sounds stressful Dustin.

Hope you can ease the hip emzap.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Thanks for the good wishes all -- right back at ya image

Ale: Saucony Kinvaras for me

My number is F1171 - in case anyone would like to stalk. Haven't got the linky thingie handy but just google Hamburg marathon, I'm sure the right page will come up.

what: nowt
    why: saving my energy
    last hard: calming down
    last rest: Monday
    lyrics: they do sound familiar

• Donaldo: Great new re your new job. image Take a bow sonimage

En Avant.

• AH Mizuno Waverider 7s (but considering a change)

Sounds ideal racing conditions in London from an Orcadian perspectiveimage

• Good luck to all the marathoners - enjoy.

No run from me - just mowed the lawns as I knew the rain was coming!

• 2k swam

11 miles span

4 miles ran

Strenght work --- yes I can!

Marathon close now!!. Take it easy y'all and dont walk into anything/ fall over anything/ trip down anything!!!

• 3.5 miles with Grace, in the sunshine faster than it should have been. That will do nicely thank you. image

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

alehouse - Mizuno wave something or another!

paddy, good advice!

good luck chickadee!

nice one lmh

emzap I am exactly the same, hope the hip eases up

dustin , busy busy, I don't want to swap!

oh my goodness I am just so excited!!!!

what: nothing

why: VLM

last hard: well last night I did a 3 mile race but took it easy and cruised in in 25 mins, I felt so good!

last easy: weds

good weekends all good luck all of us!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Cruising three miles in 25 minutes Wabo! Excellent.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

update - just done the last 4-5 miles of the VLM route, barriers all along embankment, the grass looks lush in the park, ready for 30,000 flumping VLMers...
    Wind noticeably easier, would have been a struggle coming along Embankment if it was like it was yesterday and Wednesday...Feeling a little jealous now.
    Weighed myself afterwards, and I put it down to the weekend bug, but a couple of kilos lighter (79.7) than my normal 82-83 range. So thats 12st8lb (usually 13st0-13st3)

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

nice weight loss, Dustin - as annoying as stomach bugs are, but they are brill for weight loss. I think my January Norovirus incident kick started my metabolism image

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Rest again!  Havent been motivated enough to get out after work.  Need to kick start my routine next week!

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Nike Pegasus for me

Rest day and carbo loading......

Dustin - No sub 3 this year, hopefully wont be far off, but pace will be just too far off to achieve (and planned hat way to rid me of any temptation to set off to fast...

• Evening

What 4.17 comfey
    Why Final stretch of the legs
    Lyrics No

Good luck Chick in Hamburg and to LMH, Wabo, RFJ and anyone else I've missed.

Still with my speedstar 5's but will be retiring my Hyper 33's for training now as they have clocked almost 900 miles since last October.

Finding it hard to concentrate now as my brain keeps turning over strategies and race paces etc.

Family may be coming along after all now image

Will probably not post again until Monday now.

• Safely ensconced in London and carb loading. Rest tomorrow - and more eating of course, it is actually quite difficult to change the automatic choices, I naturally gravitate towards fresh fruit and veg, salad etc and have to make a concerted effort to eat what I would usually avoid instead - nice for a change though.

Anyone who is disappearing off - give it what you've got and have no regrets.

• Good luck all you racers.

Thursday for me was a swim (1 mile in a busy pool). 40:30 so a surprisingly "on form" swim considering the lay off.
    Friday, 15 miles tabbed out sub 8m/m. Nice.

I suppose that I should be in bed.