Comments

• M...eldy wrote (see)

3 weeks Sossige ????      I think its time I set Nursey on you

/members/images/497331/Gallery/images-29_0.jpeg

Just say the word, Melds.

• Ay up all

Yesterday for me Wk6 D 4 

was a rest. day...

my dad was in hospital for op and i just wanted to get home ... so took mid week rest so i could start my comute early 

• Hope your old mans ok Will.

• Yes hope things are okay Will, 

• Hope all's well Will.

2.5k swim this morning, 59:08.  
    Coffee in the garden this afternoon.  Might take my long johns off if this keeps up.

• Hope things are ok Will.

Iron Yank - I've used Super Feet for years, they really do take some bedding in and with every new pair I suffer with blisters for a month or two and then I'm fine.

• Hope everything works out, Will.

Good turbo session then a decent swim last night, an hour's run this morning.  Brief blip in training seems to have settled, although I won't be doing much this weekend (frustratingly).  Hoping for a long bike ride on Monday.

Have a great weekend all!  Good luck to any London runners.

• Hello all,

have had a very stressful week, with no training as yet.

My uncle has had is brain Op, and so far so good, and he should be out on monday. I have done much driving about, lots of cleaning and sorting out of years of hoarded stuff, and many tip runs.

i'm now thinking that my accident on monday was worse than i thought. My head is still a little sore, but now the bruising has come out properly every where else, i look awful. i have two black eyes where my sunglasses whacked my eye sockets, and my backside is dark purple - honestly it looks like i've sat in some blackcurrent juice imageimage.

I might go for a run tomorrow, then (if I can face sitting on a saddle) a bike ride with the Mr on sunday - feel a bit nervous about going out on my own, but I think I need to man up and get on with it image

• Good stuff Tim. Feeling happier myself today. Been a strange week this one.

All packed and ready to roll now. Heading down to london tomorrow morning.

You can track me at the london marathon here. My number is 27476 - http://results-2013.virginlondonmarathon.com/2013/ #VLMbestbits???

Good news on your uncle Fraggle, speedy recovery i hope. Yep, man up and crack on. You'll be fine.
  • Blister update.

Decided to spin by the shop to talk to them about these issues, and went right after a run so they could see the hot spot in its fresh glory.  Had me try on several pairs of shoes:  Mizuno, New Balance, and the smaller size in the Asics I've always worn.  I was due for a new pair anyway so figured I would try to get the issue sorted out before I went with another pair of the Nikes.  

I guess hindsight is 20/20 as they say as I could feel an immediate difference in the Asics GT-2000s.  Since I started doing this 3-4 years ago, until last fall, I'd always worn Asics.  But when my size was smaller, I tried on (and did short test runs outside the shop) several different brands.  I couldn't tell much difference so went with the lower cost option.  Buy cheap buy twice? Hindsight is 20/20? Live and learn I guess.

Last bit of news.  I was already scheduled to do the Kentucky Derby Festival half-marathon next Saturday, the 27th, but several of my tri club buddies are upgrading to the full in order to honor the spirt of the Boston Marathon and apparently I agreed!  I know I can do the half no-sweat, but can I survive another 13.1?  We shall see.

• All the best for tomorrow SD

Fraggle - yes you do need to get over the nerves, sooner rather than later, but please take it easy.  Good to hear all is well at the moment with your uncle, sounds like a stressful week all round. (((((Frag)))))

• Listen to Nursey  ....  it makes sense image

2.5k swam today and an afternoon drinking coffee and earting cake, tomorrow I shall run it off 

• Good luck on Sunday SD image

• Doggie, any extra security measures runners have to go through after the Boston bullshit?  Just curious how the future might look after the idiots in Boston.

(If you've not been following it today, they've got 1 of the bombers in the morgue, the other is subject to a massive manhunt which has essentially shut down the whole city.)

• They have beefed up security at the London mara with a crap ton of extra police, especially as mo Farah is racing
  • I've just done this.  Had signed up for the 86 mile route, but at the first refreshment stop at 22 miles I had to get drugs from the attending doctor for my back/hip/SI joint. I though it had settled after it's latest blip 10 days ago, but apparently not. I had a hard think at that point about doing another 60+ miles and decided to switch to the 50 mile route.  So I have finished happy and healthy and, most importantly of all, fit to carry on IM training.  
    It was a brilliant ride, if a bit lumpy in places.  Beautiful country, near perfect weather, and the 38mph forecast gusts didn't materialise.  I think having a 15% hill 5 miles from the end was a bit sadistic, but I didn't get off and push the bike!

• Good decision Nursey ... well cycled

15 miles run for me and a long bike tomorrow, a bit back to front but cest la vie !

• Well done, Nursey - I guess that's how we all end up healthy at the start line, by making sensible decisions like that.

Got a 70 miler planned for tomorrow with a friend - never cycled with her before, so I hope I'm fast enough for her and don't get us lost ... image

Never cycled that far in one day ... 

• Brit .. if she is a little bit quicker that will be good for you, if she is a lot faster then you need to tell her as that wont do you much good at all ... enjoy it !

• Did 80 miles!! As it turned out I was faster than her on the downs and the flat (or my lovely bike and aero bars was), and then she overtook me on the up, so it worked out well as a partnership.

14.4 mph (just fast enough for the cut off, hopefully I'll be a bit quicker on the day). Felt really good at the end as well, so this has been a massive boost to my confidence.

Wooooo imageimage
  • Brit - that is brilliant, well done

• Well done Brit, good confidence boosting ride.

I did 31 miles on the bike yesterday, first time out in a while and the knee held up which I'm really pleased about.

Well done at London today SD.

• Well done Brit

Didnt have th best of nights so I shelved the WHC in favour of a home grown 60 mile 'blast' ...  bit of wind and hills image

Nice biking Holgs

• Nice training weekend here. 65 miles in the wind and hills yesterday. 3800 feet of climbing. Averaged 16.2 including having to ride slow for a bonking pal.

7 mile run today. I can also tell it's IM season. I'm hungry for about 75% of my waking hours.
  • Oh yank isn't it fun being bloody starving all the time lol..... Nice work on the bike too mate and a big well done too the sossiage at London I truly want too race there...
  • I did London once and didnt really enjoy it all that much ... like trying to run down Oxford St on Christmas Eve !!   Although, it is probably on most peoples list of ones to do

• Thanks Holgs. Managed 4:29:31. Was going well untill 23 miles. My calfs and groin had tightened up so much i had to stretch everything out. Was run/walk from that point on. Although i got under mh 4:30 target still gutted i couldnt run the whole thing non stop.

Still, ive definately got a sub 4 hours in me if everything goes to plan in training/race.

Didnt notice any OTT security. Whole weekend has been hassle free.

Ha ha, agree Melds, Norwich park run is always rammed ffrom the first lap of the park due to the volume of runners, its a right pain. The marathon today was like it for the first 15 miles. Tools walking along the blue line was annoying too.