P + D training for VLM 2013

Comments

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Weather for sunday looking spot on.

• MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭
    28067 ten.

On way to expo but will be 10 mins late so may miss the meet up.
  • Mark just seen your post , sorry to hear the sad news.

Just in case I dont get chance to get on here again, good luck everyone,I am still goin up with my brother and friends, I will be watching at mile 14, then crossing the road and walking a bit to mile 24ish ....a much more civilised way to get over 10 miles...lol

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

There's a tracking thingy for vlm:

http://results-2013.virginlondonmarathon.com/2013/

My number is 32957.

• Give us a shout NN, if I look as though I have dropped off the pace shout insults!!

Lunch, baked potato with beans, xmas pud and custard. Couldn't eat anymore!  Pasta and more xmas pud later, it's hard work.

Forgot to mention, at Expo get off the DLR at Excel and waiting to catch a train in the opposite direction was one of the local postmen, how did that timing happen.  As well as his training he walks 6 to 8 miles every day.

• JF 50,

Your postman isn't Steve Way by any chance?
  • No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    JF50 if it was Steve Way I saw him and wished him luck as he is aiming for sub 2:19 he looks in great shape. Well the fight over and train journey went well, expo and pasta at an Italian done, feet up now and chill need a sleep in tomorrow image

NN ((((((hugs))))))) but look on it as a big base for the next one.
  • literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Okay, been to the expo and met Fiona, so now believe she is a real person who actually exists. I get two race numbers, one for the front and one for the back, and a list of rules about clothing that they could have usefully told me earlier. Luckily I do not have large logos on any of my clothes anyway. They don't say you can't have your name on your vest, so hopefully won't get disqualified!

NN, watch out for me! You can yell HeOw's sweary words of encouragement if you like.

Currently eating pitta bread with hummus and sipping beetroot juice for the placebo effect. Then chicken and rice. My sister says she is never drinking again* so I won't be jealous.

*until maybe Sunday.

• SR no, he's about an hour slower I think, marathon not the post!

• Lovely to meet Lit this afternoon. Cakes consumed and no shopping bought.

Lit, you do realise that the lack of logos is because you might be caught on TV.image

Pasta dinner consumed and now resting.
  • TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭

Men - cheers, I've added your number to my list.

In case I'm not about tomorrow - good luck everyone.  You've trained hard for this, so don't be shit image

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Bastards only gave me one wire tie thingy to attach my timing chip! But I did get 8 safety pins as I have to wear two numbers.

Logos on socks are only allowed to be 5 square cm.

• Good luck to doing marathon this Sunday, remember you've done the training and its now timeto nail the race image

How many on here are doing Manchester the week after? I will be in a Clapham Chaser vests.

• Good luck to all doing London tomorrow, i'll be routing for you all.

kease7 - I'm doing Manchester next week along with HeOw off this forum.

Yesterday was 1600m repeats for me, did mile repeats, went well, mile splits were 5:35 - 5:40 - 5:32, warm and cool down either side to make it to 8 miles.

Its now 06:15 and i'm up for a 6 recovery with the dog, glorious day here in Wales.

• I've been awake since 5 this morning think I'm starting to feel excited now!

Had a few beers yesterday at the funeral but managed not to go too crazy before Sunday. My mate picked my number up yesterday for me so I've missed the expo unfortunately but it's saved me a job of going over to the excel.

Kease - I assume you live in Clapham? That's where I'm staying tonight, have u got any advice about getting to the start for Sunday? I was thinking of the tube+train just wondered how long it will take.

NN, sorry to hear about you withdrawing. I would have done the same in your position, it's not worth risking a serious injury especially when you've done London before.

Thanks everyone for the nice messages, fingers crossed the last 24 hours of tapering is good to everyone!
  • Mark1981 - I live Singapore, flying home Wednesday for my big day a week tomorrow. Best to get the northern line to London bridge and change to the overground and get the train to maze hill, or blackheath. Takes about 45mins to 1hour from Clapham common. Check TFL website for travelling before you leave I would give your self plenty of time to get there.

• Ok cool, thanks for the advice. image

Good luck in Manchester next week, how has your training gone? Have u got any targets for the race?

Craig, it sounds like you are in great shape at the moment, take it easy now before next week, the hard work is done!
  • KhanivoreKhanivore ✭✭✭
    Which stations are the nearest to the different starts?

Blue Start - Train to Blackheath station, 15-20 mins walk to the start.

Red Start - Train to Maze Hill or Greenwich, 20 mins walk to the start.

Green Start - Train to Maze Hill, 15-20 mins walk to the start.
  • Yep hoping for sub 3.09, training has gone well thanks lost a few days to illness but other wise good. I'm really enjoying the taper.

Craig - What time you going for in Manc? Where you staying? I'm staying by old trafford.

• Also woke up early today, excited.

Mark, I live in Clapham, I'll be going from Clapham Common tomorrow morning. Route is Clapham Common to London Bridge on the Northern Line, then to Blackheath (for red FGFA) on the train. Are you red FGFA start too? Could meet and go up together if you like? Whereabouts are you in Clapham?

• Staying at the flats at maritime house behind the job centre, about 2 mins walk from the common. Whereabouts in Clapham are you?

Yeah meeting up would be good ill be with my mate and possibly his girlfriend if she decides to come to watch.

I'm in the blue start but still travelling to blackheath not GFA though unfortunate just got a ballot entry.
  • Yeah I'd definitely go London Bridge route then. Aha thought you'd be on your own tomorrow morning but that's cool if you're going with someone else. Possibly not a great idea for your mate's girlfriend to travel to the start though? Absolute best of luck for your sub 3 attempt. My plan is to stick to the pacer like glue!

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Good morning. Anyone else got that pre-marathon feeling of sheer, naked terror?

• Yeah we've said to her there's probably not much point coming to the start, what time are planning on leaving Clapham?

I'll be easy to spot because I'm 5ft 3 and my mate is 6ft 4 so we get some funny looks running together!

Lit, don't panic you'll be fine! All the hard work is done now, you'll have great fun tomorrow!!
  • Not sure, when do you think is best time to arrive at the start? 8.30 ish? Think I'll get the train that arrives Blackheath at 8.25, which according to TFL website means leaving Clapham Common at 7.30. Will keep an eye out for little and large. I'm on the shorter side too...

• Yeah that sounds like a sensible plan for getting there nice and early, are you travelling on your own?

Looks like a cold start in the morning so don't forget your warm clothes everyone.
  • Morning everyone.

Lit, I am definately starting to feel the terror. Did the expo yesterday and really enjoyed it. Grabbed as many freebies as possible and restrained from buying new trainers even though the adizero boosts (only just released) gave me a semi-on! Ha

I also decided to run for charity late in the day and only piblicised it quietly on my Facebook last week. it's for a very personal charity following my fathers suicide 5 years ago. The response has been truly overwhelming and I'm now feeling amazed at how friends have responded. Not sure if it will give me a lift or add to the pressure mind come race day. But we are soon going to find out!!

One more day! Smash those carbs in guys and girls. And smash those times tomorrow!
  • No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    Fast Good for age need to go to Blackheath so 15w that's where we need to go.

Lit what is your a,b and c times?
  • 15West15West ✭✭✭

Mornng all - just about to go get train to London. Will still be able to get on here on phone...but if I don't good luck to all running tomorrow. Remember - don't go off too fast, keep an even pace, and give me a wave when you see me collapsed at mile 20.

I'm in FGFA - aiming for sub 2.55 somewhere - maybe I can try keeping up with NP (doubt it though).

• No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    15west look out for each other at the start we could run together for most of it. image start a sub 2:55 trainimage