Scottish Runners

Comments

• Well done IJ.

Great that you're running again Elspeth, and that you're recovering UTC.

Lee-Anne - yes, I think  good idea to taper for your 10k. Good luck.

Events in Boston unbelievably awful.

• morning

yes very well done IJ at Lochaberimage and to BM's son.

back to work today.. and hopefully to some decent training... here's hoping I can swim again before the 1st triimage...

good run planned for this evening.  turbo this morning. good to feel back into a routine.. just wish this arm would sort itself outimage

Boston news unbelievably shocking...

• Morning all

MrsMac - hope you feel a bit better today.

UTC - when is your triathlon?

Cragchick - saw some pictures of your dust-storm on the news image! That will be no topsoil left anywhere in Forres then!

Heavy rain here, might have to go on the cross-trainer if it doesnt stop, don't fancy a soaking today.

• MilidhMilidh ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the dates for races in Orkney this year? I will be in Orkney from 28th April till about 10th August. Also are they just turn up sort of races or do you need to book in advance. I really want to try the Stromness 10k This year as I missed it last yearimage. Is it at the start or end of the shopping week?

Cheers,

George

• Hi George - latest update on local races,

No Kirkwall 10k in April, may be resceduled in august

Flotta 10k sometime in may

Hoy hlaf June 16th - this is the only one you can't enter on the day , get your entry in now if you want to do it - also only one with online entry if you google it

Stromness 10k at end of shopping week

Kirkwall half and Wideford Hill race mid August

Rousay Half end August

Will keep you posted as dates appear. Should bump into you at one or more of these!

Hi to everyone else, still wet and windy here, glad I'm having a rest day.

• DMaxDMax ✭✭✭

Robert, I am in Clynder. Work in Erksine.

• MilidhMilidh ✭✭✭

Thanks Elspeth,  Will definitely do Stromness will have to look at ferries for Flotta if I decide to do it. Hoy I will do probably next year. Hopefully Kirkwall 10k will be early part of August. Will probably be back dowm in Aberdeenshire before Kirkwall and Rousay half's

• Intrigued as to how they manage a 10k around Flotta imageimage.

One year I might just be up for the Hoy Half imageimage.

DMax - Robbie checked out about 5 years ago....but welcome to the thread image.

Hideous weather here too, so no run today.

• George - the Kirkwall 10k is only a maybe at present.

They put a free ferry on to Flotta on 10k day and the spread of cakes afterwards is impressive! There is a good 10k route without any laps TP and it is far from Flot!!image Quite a tough one.

Hoy half is a good one but fills up fast usually.

Still raining... we had a few hours sunshine Monday night and I thought summer might have comeimage

Oh bother, using OH's login again!

• TP, Tri is start of May and physios are saying a month before I should swim... we'll see.. but its tight. They also think I may need an MRI as my rotator cuff may be torn... I'm waiting to see if I can defer for their later race.. I have loads more races and I'd rather do well than plod round injured and end up out of action longer. Definte improvement again today but it's frustatingly slow...

Northern races sound lovelyimage

• Oh UTC I hope you are recovered soon.

The Northern Isles races do sound great.

I had a very wet run tonight. Did 10k at a good steady pace (too embarrassed to write it heere as I know to most of you it would be pathetic!) and managed to more or less stay on my feet in the mud.

• I seem to have missed a lot of posts in the last few days. Not much running for me given the conditions detailed by cragchick (the neighbouring field is now covering my garden and with a dose of rain I expect a fine crop of something to start sprouting). Still trying to get the dirt out of the house too. Plus the dust is not doing my pre-Fling cold and cough any good. Ahh, must be taper time.

Well done to birkmyre's son and commiserations to UTC.

You can get a late entry to the Hoy Half if you have accomodation on the island, 3 guys even camped at the island's theatre last year which was keen! The main limitation is ferry space for the day trippers. Never got around to taking a run on Flotta so I'll have to do the 10k one year.

There's really nothing more I can add to what you've all said about Boston. I suspect I might don my Boston marathon shirt for the Fling though as a small gesture of solidarity. The spectators at that race really are tremendous.

• Morning you lot

Weird I couldn't post on RW yesterday.

4M Steady run today in wind and pouring rain.

Lots to catch up on.

• Wow, a bit of a blustery one today image

• But at least it has stopped raining image, yesterday was unbelievable!

Ouch UTC, hope your shoulder recovers soon.

Just been looking at the RAW site - they are talking about doing the route in reverse this year, so Ayr out to Glenbuck image, but don't say anything about return transport from the middle of nowhere image. At least it means there should be toilets at the start this year (hopefully) image! Hmmmmm, trying to visualise whether this actually makes the course harder / more uphill image!

• (((UTC)))

Lee-Anne, never think what you do is pathetic. You did itimage

57.5, hope the lurgy goes soon and you're fighting fit for the Fling.

Finally shifted the head yesterday so had a bouncy 8 miles in the monsoon. Knackered tonight but forced myself to do 5 on the tready and feel much better for itimage

• Just a short run this evening. A bit less windy.

Good running Lee-Anne.

• Nice morning today. What a contrast to last 2 days.

• So beautiful out today.

I am due a rest day today and my knee needs it. It was quite sore last night so I ran the first half of the route and walked the rest.

Glad you feel better Mrs Mac.

• Hope your knee is improving Lee-Anne.

Lovely day here today. Hoping for similar for Angus half marathon tomorrow. 

• Fingers crossed for you Alisonimage 

Decided against the half though and opted for 20 miles along the cliffs todayimage

• Just back from a 18 miles recce run on the Clyde stride with a group of guys off Facebook- great way to get a long run in. Tired now.....I think the 55 miles from 2 weeks ago are still in my legs, I would never have run that far if I'd just been on my own.

Blustery but lovely out- I think it's quite a sheltered route in many parts.

• Morning

Rest Day, but up at usual time walking dog. Wet and  cold out

All the best to those racing today.

• Hello all, think someone is trying to tell me not to try running.  I was training end of last year for 10k but injured my back (not running, moving furniture) and was told not to train.  Had a few other problems after that so not run for a while now.  GP says I am ok to start from scratch again.  Gutted I missed the races I had places for but hopefully I can get there this time....

Hope everyone is doing well with their runs and good luck to those running in London today image

• Good running Mrs Mac and tricia.

Sorry to hear about your injury Samantha - good that you can run again now.

My time in the Angus half was about 1:53 - very pleased as pb by about 3 minutes. Very hilly, especially the last 5 miles.

• well done Alison!!! Great PB!! I was hoping to do a Half around this time and Angus was on my list as there weren't many others after I missed Alloa/Inverness. Then the injury happened as well and bf also away for the weekend so would have been difficult to get there and probably wouldn't have run well. Have been watching London so am off out for run now... not sure how it will go, hoping for pain free that will do.

To be honest am getting more pain now from ?referred pain in my forearm/wrist than anything. image  Just hoping to stay fit enough CW... am not aiming for a PB on this one so not too concerned. 

Then will be building for the Half IM.

Welcome Back Samantha, hope you manage to get back to running!