Milton Keynes Marathon

Comments

• how is the training going everybody?!

• Race numbers are being sent out over the next couple of days.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

image I'm really looking forward to this one. I hope that everyone's training is going well!

• Finished long runs today, feeling good and ready to go. So hopefully no colds or other injuries in the next 3 weeks. Just read about a guy who had a melt down at Brighton marathon trying for 345 so I'm rethinking my plan. Maybe go a little slower to give me the best chance of going under 4 hours.

• Hi all training going well even thoguh a niggle in my knee this morning, 18 miler tomorrow then step it down abit until the marathon, last year was so wet that you could not really enjoy the course, looks like it wont be so wet this year, take care

• Got my number yesterday Green 1004

• Got mine too green 1027 with my name on.

• Got my number now too, green 1280.

Does anyone know the parking situation? Can't find any info in the race pack beyond the VIP parking, or are they expecting everyone to stump up for that. Might do that regardless as it's only £6, but they did state the spaces were limited and I've left it rather late...

• signed up today but i've been contacted by them to assure my race pack will be sent out this week. 

sign up to gun start was almost exactly 2 weeks....eeek, (ive been training for a full for a year, dont worry, im not DF3 :P) 

• Good luck! I like the idea of signing up so close to a race ( as you have trained for it image) Makes tapering more exciting and less soul destroying.

• went out and did 14.5 miles at race pace today, i'll do an 8 and a 6 on wed/friday, a 10 on monday, and a 4 next wed... then time off till race day.

• Hi I anyone planning on traveling to the Milton Keynes Marathon by public transport as I was may wish to know about the following information I recieved from the race organisers via email today. I am palnning on travelling from London by train and wanted to know about the local bus service and this was there reply.  " The buses don't start early enough on a bank holiday and we've informed the local taxi companies top put on extra taxis at the station. Hopefully you'll be able to split the charge between other runners."

• Hello all! I am so excited about this! Fingers crossed, I feel very very ready. last month I run paddock wood half comfortably in 1.53 and a couple of weeks ago I have run about 40 hilly km in a little over 4 hours... the temptation of trying to go sub-4 is very very very strong but I am going to resist it as it is my first marathon and do not want to set off too fast and then die a thousand deaths at km 32!

I also got my race number, green, I think I am no, 1962 and with my name on it.

Is anybody meeting up the day before?

• mine arrived, im 2787 green (no name, assume because i signed up late)

• My number is 998. Very excited. first Marathon.

• One week today we will be all doing our best, cant wait hope the weather stays ok

• Just want to say hope every one has an amazing time next Monday, my back is improving slowly, I can walk briskly for 5K and I managed to jog 1K last week. But I'm obviously in no state to take part. 

I will be thinking about it all day and hoping next year I will be fully recovered and able to take part! x

• Sorry to hear that Joanne.

I just went out for a nice comfortable 10 miles to start my week off, nice steady 8:20 pace. felt great the whole way. 

Just a 10k on wednesday now and i'll rest up till race day. (im on my feet all weekend at work so i'll be mobile enough)

• Hi folks, entered this last night..left it until I'd done VLM to see if I was up to it..remains to be seen if I amimage. Does anyone know about race pack at this stage, would prefer to have it before the day but then that may be a close call. So, impulse entry-I hope it's a good one. On the parking front, VIP parking spaces sold out, anyone know of a good little spot to park my weary bones? image

• i signed up last monday, and my race pack arrived on the thursday, 

• where to park? i was just looking myself, over the road from the stadium is an industrial estate, surly loads of places to park in there, only 3000 people have entered, the stadium car parks alone should cope with that small number no? i doubt it will be hard to get parking around the area.

• Cheers Mark for both bits of info. Weather looking good for it at the momentimage

• Hi all

Parking at Mount Farm industrial estate is good and it's opposite the stadium, no more than 5 minutes walk. We're local and always park there instead of at the Stadium (it's free for a start image)

• brer rabbit wrote (see)

Cheers Mark for both bits of info. Weather looking good for it at the momentimage

i hope its not TOO nice, a clear day is fine but cooler temps and a bit of drizzle would be great running weather, not so much for the spectators, but a hot day ..no thanks

• Hello All,

I've signed up for the MK marathon next monday. I was due to race Manchester this past Sunday, but couldn't make it up due to personal reasons, so this is a bit of a last minute entry for me. But a marathon is a marathon, right?

I entered on Sunday night, so hopefully I'll get my race pack in time. The cut off for entries is 10pm tonight, so I guess the organisers must be fairly confident they can get packs out to late-comers on time.

It's relatively flat from what I can gather. Has anyone run this before? It is only the second year I believe. Is the route the same as last year? What's the support like?

I'll be training up to Bletchley on the morning of the race, so hopefully can get a cab to the stadium.

• Also-ranAlso-ran ✭✭✭

Hi AG

I've not run it before, but from what I know there is a little bit more road mileage this time before you hit the Redways (cycle paths). This will allow the field to thin out in time as the redways are narrow. Relatively flat but with a smattering of underpasses . Last years was the first year and was run in torrential rain - cross your fingers for an overcast day and plenty of support 

Legs are willing but not yet fired up for this - I bought the place incase of problems before vlm. Still, I can't think of anything better for bank holiday monday.image

• Ah, ok, cool, hadn't occured to me that the redways would be narrower than the roads, but of course they're bound to be. Hopefully it'll be typical bank holiday weather image

• I'm looking forward to this next week as the final installment of my 3 sub 3 in 3 weeks attempt after VLM and Manchester.  It'll be nice to finish in the stadium and that middle section by  the lake might be scenic.

I'll also be getting the (very early!) train up to Bletchley from London.  It looks like a mile and a half to the stadium so was just going to use the jog over there as a warm-up.

• V4D-brilliant bit of local info there, cheers. Willtry and get a postcode for ye old Sat nav as I have never been to Milton Keynes before..hope it's niceimage

Agent Ginger, I signed up Sunday night too, got pack today-very impressed with efficiency.

Ha, so the VLM recovery run starts here then for Brer,Ally of not enough Hills and Also Ran. Shall we just hobble about at the back?

Strangely enough, looking forward to this as a no pressure event. Got my GFA for London 2014 at VLM so just treating this one as a 'nice day out!imageimage

• Also-ranAlso-ran ✭✭✭

A hat trick of sub 3's Ally - that sounds like a good challenge - nice of Milton Keynes to give you an extra restday for this final run - luxury.

Brer - yes, nice to have one that is going to be relaxed, with no pressure. Just crossing my fingers that we get the weather to match.