Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

sorry for late arrival!! have been packing most of the day-but text our ecky at 6/:30 this morning and ive just checked resukts!! shes FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think it was 5:43!!!!! go star girl!!!!!!!!

• brilliant ecky, well done

• Well done Ecky! That's brillint!imageimage Can't wait to hear all about it.

Had little 'uns 6th birthday party thiis evening so been busy. Managed a 4.5 mile run this morning though.image

Had a lovely time in Marmaris with Elif. She came 11th so she's a little disappointed about that but it's 11th in Turkey, so sounds pretty good to me........imageimage But she was 2 seconds behind her PB.....Great for her to stay in a nice hotel for free though and she's learning about racing all the time.

Well, just a quickie, should have more time this week to comment on all your news. Got to do some preparation now.image

xxxx

• Jude - well done to your girl, next year she will be even better, I bet that has given her a taste of what it is like and she will be more determined than ever. 11th in the country is amazing

• Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thanks for all your support. I managed to run 19 miles with Trev and my friend too him for 7 miles as I was struggling with the heat.

My official time is 5.43 so very very chuffed. I'm sad that I didn't manage to get on the telly but I got lots of attention on the way round.

Funny thing was though that everyone though I was called Becky.

• Well done Ecky!!! Wow, 19 miles carrying that huge bear. Amazing. Congratulations. image Hope you enjoyed the day.

Jude - Glad you had a lovely time with your girl in Marmaris. 11th in the country sounds good to me too! image

• MOOOOOOOOOORNING

Hubby too the day off today as its Cammie's Anniversary. I cant believe its 5 years since we lost him. I was told to stay in bed but I have that post Marathon feeling and had to get up.

Legs are a bit sore but my back aches and my shoulder is sore on one side as Trev was moving around a lot. I need to get that sorted before I run the Birmingham Half with him in Oct.

Thanks Chilli. I feel a bit of a cheat but it was tough. I should have trained with him more.

/members/images/479335/Gallery/london_baby.jpg

/members/images/479335/Gallery/london_baby_2.jpg

My fave pics that my friend from work took. Had the most amazing time. Will do a race report later.

• Eckyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.Congratulations you did brilliantly to carry Huge Trevor around for 19 miles..blimey don't think i could even manage him for 1 mile ..lol..he is about as big as me ha ha...oh and you are so not a cheat..so get that thought out of your head m'lady.......((((((((((((((((((((((((big hugs also))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) for Cammie on his anniverary..time goes so quickly..am sure he would have been smiling down at you yesterday and will be so so proud.

Jude...sounds like you had a great time and well doen to your lovely daughter..fantastic.

Housework needs done..better go and start it coz I have work at 2pm.

• Love and Hugs to you Ecky. Anyone fancy a cuppa and some lemon drizzle cake?

• Well done Ecky what a star and a great time.

Thoughts are with you and your family today ....little Cammie would have been ever so proud of you.

Chilli-Well done on all of your activites with your girls. You are so luck to be able to get your children moving.

Nor outdoored running for me at the weekend ,but, 30 minutes on the treadmill yesterday 1st thing.

Lovley morning today so did 6 miles this morning- virtually ache free.

• Well done AF for getting out running again...your aches will soon be a distant memory...lol and you will b back to speedy running very very soon knowing you image

Housework all done so Chilli if there is any lemon drizzle cake left I'd love a slice with me cuppa...ta muchly image

• Well done Ecky.What a great run with that bear hitching a lift.Hope you aren't too sore.

My photoshoot at Dungeness was really good,and i've got some nice photos.It is a really strange place.A massive shingle bank and long windswept beach,with small fishermans cottages and a lighthouse,and old fishing boats falling apart on the shingle.Very picturesque.And in the baackground a massive nuclear power station.I am very tired today as it was a 300 mile round trip to get there and back,and i didn't get home until 00:30 this morning.

I'll be forcing myself out for my run this evening,even though i really don't feel like it.I think keeping up the routine is vital,and so i will go no matter what.

Have a good day everyone.

• Hi DJ, good to see you back here again and running image

Ecky, What a fantastic achievement! Doing a marathon in that time is one thing, but with a massive bear on your back. Well thats something else. I could not have done that and I think it's amazing you could. Well Done!!

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

ecky hope you are ache free and raring to go again with TREV -what superstars!!!!! image

we are all sooooooooooooooo massively proud of you all and Trev must live in CRAC TOWERS as part of the team image

DJ, so glad you are back with us i like to have the whole troop!!

i am trying to keep up with every thing on here , and hugest apologies if i dont ! i have a move date-w/c 29th april. past week i have been packing and things being dismantled her there and everywhere. its a little emotional at times as this is the house ive lived the longest in and although i may be seen as a bit of an ice queen at times i do have a heart , so its been a bit strange at times. miss LLBs birthday is weekend  after that  and weekend after is ndw50,  so a lot all in 3 weeks as well as going to work image BUT , all will be fine and i am ever smileyimage many more peeps than i with much more to worry about-im v fortunate to be moving to a nice house.

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

BOSS, didnt ms AF buy you a massage as an after-marathon treat? :0

ECKY, thinking of you all today hunny xxxx

• Loula - I'm not sure that any of us will believe that you are an ice queen. A public forum isn't the place to share deepest thoughts and feelings, but we have been together for 3 years now and I reckon we have got to know each other well enough over that time. You take care of yourself hun. Hope the move goes well for you and Missie. We will be here when you can drop in.

Bike ride today. Not sure how far. Maybe 13-15 miles. It's my last ride before the trip to Cambridge on Thursday. Plan to do a run tomorrow and rest day Wed.

I have a few observations to make. Since Loula and I ran the Ridgeway on Easter Monday I have been concentrating on cycling.

1. I recover faster from a 'hard' cycle faster than from a long run.2. I have been sleeping better than when I do lots of long runs
    3. I haven't changed my eating habits but have put on weight around my middle.

Therefore I conclude that running alone is harder than cycling alone. Think I prefer running as my main sport. But I wonder if I can work out a plan that helps me sleep better.

Of course, I may have other observations comes Friday eve!

• Loula, I think you have a Huge heart and of course it will be emotional for you. Its the end of one massive part of your life and the start of a new one. (((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))). I have already planned Trev's next race and done him an FB page. Thanks too. We have just had spaghetti carbonara and we have cheesecake for pud which was Cammies fave. We used to call him the Cheesecake monster as he used to go crazy for it.

Chilli, that's quite interesting. There must be a way that you can do both and sleep better.

• ecky - massive well done for yesterday and that bear is enormous, no wonder your shoulders are sore. Hope you recover quickly. My thoughts are with you and your family on what must be a tough day. 

boss - well done for getting out again

DJ - good to have you back here and yes, keeping a routine up is vital, specilly when things are tough

loula, I have never thought of you as an ice queen! It is a tough time, but you will come through. hugs from me

busy work day for me today, and off to club swimming tonight

• Sending hugs to eecky, Loula, and any others feeling in need of some tlc. I'm proud to call you my friends.
  • MOOOOOOOOORNING

Thanks so much everyone for your lovely comments and support. You guys sure know how to make a girl feel special image

I'm achy today but still feeling on top of the world. I am resting this week now as it's our first league race of the new season on Sunday. Its a 5 miler so should be a piece of cake after this weekend. Trev is resting up well too.

• Hi all!

I wrote a long message this morning but I lost it as we had a power cut, (Quite common here.)

Anyway......I'll try again....

Ecky - Was thinking of you and all the family yesterday on Cammie's anniversary. Think what you do is amazing and soo pleased your mara went so well, too.

Chili - well done on another long cycle ride. It's great it helps with your sleeping.

DJ - We always miss you when you aren't around. Glad you are getting back into the running routine.

Loula - Like MC, I've never thought of you as an ice queen?! Must be a very emotional time you are going through. I'm sure everything will turn out for the best.

Louise - your move sounded a real pain....hope you are settling in now.

Franny, AF, By'eck, Matt,  and all! Hi!

Well, today is a national holiday as it's Children's Day but most schools have a ceremony or some sort of celebration.  I had to go to school this morning for a party. Back home now but hubby and his sister have already göne out with our kids to do some work on the mountain collecting the branches that were pruned from the olive trees.image Hope they get back soon so I can spend some time with them as I have to go to school tomorrow for a seminar whereas they have another day off. Oh well, I'll make the most of the quiet and do some school work as I can never seem to get on top of it.  My Australian friend that I made this year is returning to Australia at the end of the school year becuase she said that teaching  was so much harder here, (and so much less financially rewarding!) I'm relieved it's not just me that finds it hard but I'll be so sad to see her go.

May get out for a run this evening as kids have swimming training as usual.image

BFN peeps. Have a good day!

• imageAfternoon

Loulaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa sis.........((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs hugs and more hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))) You are always here for us when we are down and as the rest say you are no ICE QUEEN...you are absolutley one of the loveliest peeps i have met....well NOT MET yet but spoken to loads.....hope your move goes smoothly and if you need to chat feel free to give me a call..love chatting to you hun...take care both you and missy.

Ecky..pleased to hear that you and Trev are resting up well...He looked so huge on your back in your pics...I just don't know how you managed it....well done agin hun

Jude...hope your having a nice day  although having to ctch up on school work is rubbish..here is hoping the kiddies come back soon so as you can spend some good time with them.

Deejay...Great to hear you have a running plan that fits in with your busy life. Hope we will be able to seem some of your fantastic photos at some point.

Hope everyone else is ok and well...speak soon my friends.

• Loula-You are lovely and we are all here for you. I know of some of the pain that you are going through. Not an easy time for you.No Mrs AF didn't give me a massage!!!

DJ & Jude-Hope you get out for a run later.

Chilli-Hope you enjoy your bike ride.

Ecky-Enjoy your rest- you and Trev deserve it and well done for raing money for such a good cayuse.

Hi Matt,Byeck,MC etc etc

6.4 miles this morning a bit ahcey still!!! I have my eye on a a 1/2 Marathon race on the South Downs Sunday week. I can enter on the day so will see how I am at the weekend. Would like to keep the mileage and fitness up!

Must go as preparing for an important meeting tomorrow.

• AF - that 1/2 sounds fun! image

Jude - hope you get to spend time with your kiddies. And for a run. I deffinitely think you work extremely hard.

Today has been one of those frustrating days when nothing has gone quite to plan or been accomplished complerely. But I did do a 5 mile run! Was so lovely to be out in shorts and vest top.

• today has been so busy! but a beautiful day and I cycled to work and back which was great.

AF - you will probably be fine for the half so long as you don't do anything too intensive in the meantime, the marathon training will get you through

hope everyone is well

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

* crashes through cardboard boxes, trips over roll of bubble wrap on way to laptop*

image phew!! found the lappyyyyy everone!!!!!!

def need a cuppa-no scrub that, make it a large glass of vino !

have stopped packing tonight and sat down now- aw fanks for your lovely kind words, i feel better today and had a little run earlier too which helped.image

its so nice knowing you are all here no matter what and have shared similar things-so THANK YOU LOVELY CRAC PEEPS!! image

Ecky hope you are feeling ok and Trev has reached super star status on FB?

MC. Hope you enjoyed your cycle to work- was indeed lovely weather.

chili, sounds like you may have worked out a routine thats good for you recovery wise-hope it works. image

franny sis, ((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))) thank you for our chat i could natter for hours and i really hope i comw see you soon when the house is sorted-or you come here!!! lol

now yu be careful in the lead up to your mara i will be making regular checks.xx

Boss, THANK YOU ! i will be fine and im sure  NDW will sort me out image

• Morning all!

AF and Chili - well done on your runs!

MC - well done on your bike ride!

I did  a 3 miler yesterday evening and should be able to do another after school today because I don't have to come home on the service bus there being no students. image Wish I didn't have to go to school today though as my kids are at home and it looks like it's gonna be a gorgeous day.

Have a good day peeps!

xxx 

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

yay jude, hope you have another lovely run! image

it looks nice ehre too-i dont wanna go to work !!

#have a lovely day all!!!!!!!!!!!

• Morning!

I'm very excited cos tomorrow hubby and I cycle to Cambridge. Weather looks good for tomorrow but a little suspect on Friday. Have to stop bouncing around and get some work done so I'm not stressing about taking 2 days off.

Well done MC on cycling to work and home.

Jude, hope you manage another run today.

Loula, have a nice day at work - maybe the sun will last into this evening so you can have dinner in the garden or something.

• Morning All

Well you lot down there enjoy the lovely sunny hot weather..hottest day of the year for you BUT think of me please..its chucking it down,windy and cool...talk about a north south divide...LOL....make the most of it crac friends...

Loula..yes was lovely chatting to you last night and WE will meet up real soon.

Jude..aw shame you have to go to work when everyone else is off...well done on your run.

MC..well done on the nice cycle to work in the sunshine...you'd get blown off up here..ha ha.

Chilli.........Enjoy your cycle with hubby tomorrow and hope the weather holds out for you.

AF...you will be surprised when you do your HM race as all that mara training will have put you in good shape and you will probabaly SMASH your PB......Good stuff..how is the tready training going and has your stepson been tempted to use it yet????

Am away to see Mum in Dunbar this morning...hope its not raining there too.

And I have been running to 8 miles Monday,6miles yesterday,7 miles this morning and hope to do 15 miles tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone whatever you are all up to

xx