Christmas

How early do you start planning Christmas ?

I only ask as someone in the office mentioned planning for the Christmas party !!

Comments

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Burn the witch!  How dare you mention the C word in the first half of the year!

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    December. Thinking now already about Christmas is far too early for me.
  • I always wear ASICS 20 series shoes. So when the new shoe /  colours come out later in the year I get a pair in this years colours from my wife for Christmas at a big discount. Sad but I'm happy.

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

It's a good time to book Christmas parties, you can get the date you want, otherwise you get left with a Wednesday in November.

• Supercaz

Bit extreme I just flicked an elastic band at her !

• Well it's St George's day, so you should be getting the sprouts on
  • I work in online retail - we do Christmas in July.

By the time the real thing comes round we are all fed up with it (and have moved on to Easter) image

• Not yet. Though I did think again about how bad and over priced the work christmas meal was, when I walked past the restaurant this week.

• Oh and I had a christmas song stuck in my head recently. Really annoying!

• WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    Where I work it's either Christmas, recovering from Christmas or preparing for it. And if I could do a linky on this ipad I'd give you a clue.... Don't have a crisis thinking about it too muchimage
  • to be honest, I'm always thinking about Christmas

• Noooooooo! The tri season hasn't even begun (our 1st race is 12 May) and peeps are mentioning the C word. Aaaaargh!

• We love Christmas and plan early (not this early like!) - but my daughter and I have been saving for Christmas since the 1st of January (we do this saving thing where you put £1 away in week one of the year, £2 week two - up to week 52 where you put in £52..you end up with over £1350 in the pot)  But we're self employed and we need to plan in advance if we want to take a substantial time off.

Also we start making presents around September (last year we made toffee vodka...the year before sloe gin) things like that...my daughter is a crafter and starts early with presents too.  My parents are pensioners so I started filling up a gift card from Sainsburys early in the year so as to give them a good bit of money...those sort of things.

Once the halloween things are out of the shops we are in full Christmas mode image

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    kittenkat wrote (see)

Already planned, my parents are coming to us, which means I'm going to have to blag about 3 ovens to be able to cook dinner. Already my neighbour is away and has offered me the use of hers.

Christmas is planned early because we alternate between grandparents and they're very keen to make sure their 'turn' is organised and set in stone.

This is the aspect about Christmas that I hate the most.

The idea that you HAVE to do this, visit here, have these people over, and so on, and have no room for doing something, well, else for a change!

Last year, due mostly to luck, J and I just stayed at home on Christmas day image 

We did HAVE to visit one family member on Christmas eve, and we did HAVE to have some other family over the week before, though, so didn't I did get away with it completely.

I would rather plan nothing and do nothing image

BAH! HUMBUG! image

Oh, and someone at my running club mentioned the Christmas dinner at the meeting in early April.  I said I wouldn't even begin to think about it!

• works do's need to be organised early or you really can't get the best datesimage

• WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    We have a Christmas briefing meeting tomorrow!
  • Attandance at ours was very low last time - it was arranged at a swanky downtown hotel, for Friday night after work, special hotel room rate for those wanting to stay and no consideration for the lower paid staff members. The majority of the staff didn't sign up to go - too expensive, and who wants to spend Friday evening in the company of the people you spend all of Monday to Friday with anyway. That was the first time we have ever had  the party outside of work time. Location was also in the opposite direction from the way the large amount of commuters from the next city have to go.  I didn't attend either, on principle. The cost was too high, especially for our younger marrieds with kids, who besides having to fork out a load of dosh would need to pay for a babysitter too. Bah humbug

• Nothing has been mentioned here yet but it is only a matter of time.  Personally i think they are a waste of time & dont want to see pissed up co -workers.  it is just not my thing

• gingerfurball wrote (see)

Also we start making presents around September (last year we made toffee vodka...the year before sloe gin) 

Thank you.... you have just reminded me to start my rumtopf for this year! image (although only just getting over the hangover from last years batch! image)