Famous people you have seen running

Only ever seen sportsmen:- Top 3, Gary Speed (rip), herol 'bomber' graham and Carlton palmer. And a few famous female athletes. Anyone else?

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Steve Cram, along southbank last Thursday. Jo Pavey at Waterloo a few years ago ( I was just finishing running, she wasn't)
    Saw Gary Speed (and the whole Bolton team) at Lanzarote airport few years back. They also got the same flight home as us. (none of us running though!) 

• I regularly run along the Thames towpath between Hammersmith and Kew and have seen Nigel Havers numerous times, Adrain Chiles, Richard Herring and Pants Man from The Apprentice!

• Ditto Nigel Havers along that same stretch of Thames towpath, also Matthew Pinsent (same place)

• Steve Ovett in Edinburgh out for training run in mid 1980s

• apart from race day where the celebs are plentyful. ive not seen any out running.

I did however run past the top gear team as they drove past in their "british leyland cars" 

• famous and celebs isn't the same is it?  Famous is someone who has achieved something through natural brilliance, luck or downright hardwork.. 

Celeb is someone from the telly who will be forgotten the minute they drop of the screen.

as you were............

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

oh and Gordon Ramsay at Reading one year and also at the Hellrunner (or Grim)

• Only during races.

I live in Northolt - nobody famous lives in Northolt (except me) image

• GertieGertie ✭✭✭
    Used to see Liz yelling a lot on my runs.

Although not running, I did see Paul gasgoine at my gym last week.
  • Saw Michael Barrymore a few weeks ago and possibly Sarah beanie in reigate but I may have mis-seen!
  • WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I've seen Eammon Martin out running (the younger forumites might need Google here).

• I haven't seen any celebs running outside of races (even then, only seen Jordan twice) but I have run past Bill Nighy, Peter Jones, Gok Wan and Tamara Palmer-Tomkinson all meandering around Mayfair/Soho.

• PSC wrote (see)

famous and celebs isn't the same is it?  Famous is someone who has achieved something through natural brilliance, luck or downright hardwork.. 

Celeb is someone from the telly who will be forgotten the minute they drop of the screen.

as you were............

Don't agree: I think fame and celebrity are synomymous. You can definitely be famous without having achieved anything in your life.

• I saw Ian McKellan once when i was on a lunchtime run around Canary Wharf. Also in the same place I saw that woman with the big hair who used to be on the Kenny Everet show in the 80's.

• skottyskotty ✭✭✭

Kath Jenkins.

Looking good.

• I believe I saw Scott Overall a couple of weeks ago running along the Thames Path (although he went past quite fast, but it was DEFINITELY someone I recognised and it looked an awful lot like him). When I told my boyfriend, he said he didn't count that as a "celebrity spot" because he isn't a real celebrity.

• Andi Jones is our local speedster (2:16 marathon). Seen him from time to time effortlessly flashing past me (well, that seriously underplays his speed). He opened our junior tennis court a few years ago, and was referred to as "not famous at the moment, but we're sure he will be" - slightly embarrassing.

• I saw Gary Speed (RIP indeed) a couple of years back running the London Marathon, looking unhappy as a big gang of Welsh fans failed to notice him (they were hugging their own runner to be fair), and also Nell McAndrew last year.  This year I saw Jonathan Pierce (football commentator) looking very tired around mile 18 and Cheryl Baker at the same point with a couple of very glum looking friends.  

While running I've gone past Alan Davies (from QI) outside Highbury tube station.   

• Ive seen Eamon Holmes out running a couple of times

•  
    JMopper wrote (see)

Ive seen Eamon Holmes out running a couple of times

Eamonn Holmes runs? Does he eat doughnuts at the same time?

• DachsDachs ✭✭✭

Some time ago, my mum used to occasionally see Gary Glitter out running somewhere in the Mendips area.  Not any more, funnily enough.

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

+1 Gordon Ramsay at Hellrunner.  About 25 of us were dressed as nuns and all shook his hand.  One clubbie told him that she loved him!!!

• When I was working in London I saw Jonathan "Jono" Coleman of Russ and Jono fame, running in Regents Park. He looked to be in some considerable discomfort.

I was not running at the time.

• I've seen Iwan Thomas at a few parkruns. Managed to beat him once image

Did the Littledown Marathon last year, Liz Yelling was the starter for that.

• Dachs wrote (see)

Some time ago, my mum used to occasionally see Gary Glitter out running somewhere in the Mendips area.  Not any more, funnily enough.

Don't know if he still is, but Gary Glitter was living a few miles away from me. My long run route used to pass within a few hundred metres of the house he was staying in. Never saw him though.

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    AgentGinger wrote (see)

I saw Ian McKellan once when i was on a lunchtime run around Canary Wharf. Also in the same place I saw that woman with the big hair who used to be on the Kenny Everet show in the 80's.

I see Cleo Rocos every other week, shopping in Waitrose at Canary Wharf, with her mum!  In fact I've seen more famous people in Waitrose than I ever have out running, including Seb Coe (he's a runner!), Graham Norton and Sean Lock.

• GertieGertie ✭✭✭
    PhilPub wrote (see)
    AgentGinger wrote (see)

I saw Ian McKellan once when i was on a lunchtime run around Canary Wharf. Also in the same place I saw that woman with the big hair who used to be on the Kenny Everet show in the 80's.

I see Cleo Rocos every other week, shopping in Waitrose at Canary Wharf, with her mum!  In fact I've seen more famous people in Waitrose than I ever have out running, including Seb Coe (he's a runner!), Graham Norton and Sean Lock.

Are you sure AG isn't talking about Cupid Stunt?

• Screamapillar wrote (see)

JMopper wrote (see)

Ive seen Eamon Holmes out running a couple of times

Eamonn Holmes runs? Does he eat doughnuts at the same time?

OK - I may have embellished a touch - I didnt see him as such - but I like to imagine I did.

• I think I might recall seeing Bomber Graham at a fun run in Hillsborough Park. It was about 25 years ago so I could be completely wrong.