Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• That makes me tired just reading it TD!

I spent last night cancelling all debit and credit cards and getting new ones ordered, Thanx to some kinda fault with the security on my laptop.

This morning 40 mins circuit training followed by a 7k run. Felt awful to start with, but by the end of 'ok'.
  • Morning...   yesterday was just about one of the most frustratiing and stressful days ever...   the very best and very worst of British bureaucracy..   anyway..   enough of that...

• DV:  what I want to know is ..... how was the pubimageimage

Fog is clearing and a wonderfully sunny day is here - and I'm doing a lovely cliff path dog walk - no trotting worked really hard for the 11 on tuesday so now not running until saturday - feels very odd and its like I'm being naughty for not running!!! 

My mantra is ........ have done the miles now really doesn't make any difference I can and will do this .... 

Question :  why does my side ache - silly me taper madness... I'm really loosing it was hoovering at 7am this morning ....

TD:  is the ITLR coming anywhere near Jersey???? 

• PF - only if I'm doing the navigating image .

If the taper madness is getting really bad, my fridge could do with clearing out...
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Running Rodent wrote (see)

Any London runners done the JP Morgan Chase event in Battersea Park before? I've got the option of doing it through work. Part of me thinks it will be a horrible stampede (13,000 runners in Battersea Park?), but it's on my birthday and as long as I get over the line I'd be guaranteed a PB (distance is 5.6km) image .

I've done it in Frankfurt. PACKED and very frustrating to get through as the slower runners start forward and walk side by side.

The Jimbob wrote (see)

Weedy has gone very quiet recently? you out there pal?

He's on holiday this week... he'll be back some point this week.

•  

Running Rodent wrote (see)

If the taper madness is getting really bad, my fridge could do with clearing out...

I'm pretty sure I cleared it of bacon and grapefruit juice image

PriFi -  the taper is just the last stage of training, albeit a different approach.  Relax and have fun!

• DV - you have left the pub, right?

• James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

During marathon training I had the work xmas party on a night I was scheduled to do a 6 mile run. So I got up in the morning to do it. Felt great afterwards. But then at 2pm I hit the wall and just wanted to go to sleep at my desk.

I spose you need to train yourself to get up at 6am to run.

• I think it's easier in the summer James, as 6am is light.  Then have a good breakfast when you get in.

• Sorry Pri-Fi, we're only running 1.250kms across Europe so that won't land us near Jersey.  But you are welcome to come and join in part of the run. We start in Bratislava and finish in Brussels.  We will pass through Vienna, Prague, Frankfurt and Cologne.

Planning meeting last night went really well and we've got the next level of route plan confirmed. If anybody would like to support us by helping with practical organisation tasks, or making a noise about this activity in their social networks, do feel free to get in touch.

For those who are joining us on the running team, we'll write to you soon with some specifics. I hope to confirm today or tmrw the hotel in Bratislava so you can get on with the bookings and Emmy is getting sample T-shirts made up according to Weedy's fabulous design.  Anybody can buy one/ several!!

• I'll tell you all about it later...

The beer was Mocha, from Batemans brewery.  Quite strong at 6% but very smooth and a chocolatey taste.......

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

'Morning allopoloskyprianosmarathonollos ..

Despite my sterling efforts, there's still some red wine and halloumi on Cyprus but I expect an invitation to the Finance Ministry Staff Dance at Christmas..

Now to catch up with the real world that is the Paris thread...image

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Welcome home image

Are you tanned?

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Ooooh ATM - well done, lass.  They'll thank you for it, later.

It's my wedding anniversary.  4 years and nobody dead yet image

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Congratulations yer_maj (on the anniversary and lack of killing)!

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Congratulations, yer_maj!

Tanned, O? I'll have to consult the hydration chart...Well, you can see where my watch was. That's as tanned as I'll ever be, I think.

* I'm reading more on here than I did on holiday..*

• ATM wrote (see)

Tanned, O? I'll have to consult the hydration chart...Well, you can see where my watch was. That's as tanned as I'll ever be, I think.

We have a request of you.  Nay a demand.  The same demand was made of Orbutt and the good Dr Iain - they both crumbled.

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

DLR, I thought you'd never ask!

Wait, let me read that again....

Berlin? Nooooooooooo...A' my bawbees are currently keeping Cyprus afloat...image

Weedy,I'm uploading the covers you sent me. They're fantastic.

• Welcome back, nice to have you back with us again.  You've turned me down in the past, I hope DLR can persuade you otherwise ...

• ATM wrote (see)

TartanPimpernel wrote (see)

Welcome back, nice to have you back with us again.  You've turned me down in the past, I hope DLR can persuade you otherwise ...

Leave it with me.

Scots and those from the legal profession are notorious for giving in easily right?

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    She's turned me down too :'( before.
  • James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

How many miles are you running a day in your run across europe?

• James B73James B73 ✭✭✭
    yer_maj wrote (see)
    Eggyh73 wrote (see)
    Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)
    Marathon Maus wrote (see)
    Like the awful woman who commented to a friend of mine that, 'she (my friend) has the face, and Maus (obviously she used my real name!) has the body'. This insults both of us on so many levels and makes me absolutely furious on behalf of my friend. Yet it's the thing I can't forget.

She's an idiot.

And blind.

I second this opinion.

Quite.  You're a beautiful girl - Mr Maj had plenty to say when he saw a pic of you on Sunday.  And you're a darling with it.  Technically, we should hate you  image

I have seen reference to comments made on here and FB re this comment. Now I'm still trying to link names on FB to names on here. And I would say I am failin miserably. Although I have worked out who yer Maj is now. Then I've seen reference to Mr Moore's list. Ahem.

Would I be right in saying the picture of the adult girl (with the young girl) on FB is the girl in question? (MM)

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    Yes. Mm is the one without glasses wearing a Paris t-shirt.
  • Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

James - Yes, that's Maus with Jimbobs little girl.

• James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

Well her friend is a muppet then.

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    James B 73 wrote (see)

Well her friend is a muppet then.

Well said, sir.

• MM is TT then.

Top Totty.

But without the patronising and sexist overtones I hope.

'Lest she gives me a good legal smackdown.

Welcome back ATM. Never the same without you. image What shade of light blue have you turned to now after all that sun?

• Hip hip hurrah - ATM is home safe and sound - although sounds like you;ve a tan .... Fog has now descended again on Jersey - we had sun for 2 hours whislt I was walking with the boys - ;ovely now a little camp and chilly image.

Another hip hip hurrah:  Mr PF likes my hair - in all its curly glory!!!!  Good things curls can be cute!!!! (his words not mine)......

• Looks like its a girlie visit to Paris on 13 april 2014 - a friend is joining Ellie & I - fun fun fun .......