VLM Fee

Anyone here get in through ballot ?

I notice when applying you dont have to include any payment details. When do you have to pay the fee ? once the Acceptance mag comes out ?

Comments

• stutyrstutyr ✭✭✭

If you don't pay up front, you will get a payment notice with your "congratulations" magazine in October.  You have a few weeks to pay it, if you don't do it in time you will lose your place.

• musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭

Was very suprised that I wasn't asked to pay upfront when I entered a few weeks ago on the 5 rejections and in scheme. It prompted me to bequeath, but that made no sense as I knew I would be accepted

• Stutyr

Thiught that would be the case as when I applied last year online it never mentioned payment

• musketeer wrote (see)

Was very suprised that I wasn't asked to pay upfront when I entered a few weeks ago on the 5 rejections and in scheme. It prompted me to bequeath, but that made no sense as I knew I would be accepted

I thought the 5 rejections had been banished ? This year will be my 5th attempt at trying to get in. Did you just manage to qualify under the ld rules ? Just curious at to know when you were rejected, just in case i am missing out on an opportunity here

• They stopped the '5 rejection and your in on your 6th application' rule a few years back, but said they would honour the agreement for a few more years. I think 2014 London Marathon will be the last year the rule will be appled!

• if you already had 2 rejections then you were allowed to keep on the scheme.closed to new applicants :0

what is this about the ballot.didn't think it was open yet

• Fenn wrote (see)

They stopped the '5 rejection and your in on your 6th application' rule a few years back, but said they would honour the agreement for a few more years. I think 2014 London Marathon will be the last year the rule will be appled!

ah, 2014 will be my 5th attempt, so if unsuccessful will miss out by one year ! Have to hope for a bit of luck this time round !